The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

I think there should be no banding at all – that's a very basic "wish" for a DIGITAL BACK to be used with RODENSTOCK TECH CAM lenses ... I mean an important reason to get the DIGITAL BACK version of the Hassy camera is to use it on a modular tech cam. Very surprised to also see it with Rodie...
  2. P

WTB: Alpa 60 4.0 HR / 100 HR

Bump
  3. P

Hello!! Can you please help me with some advice?

Most people who buy P1 CAMERAS nowadays are "enthusiasts", ie the people who will drop 5k on a workshop to see someone else press a button and who see it as a fair investment to their happiness to buy a cool camera because let's be honest – photography is a big hobby area for many. Another...
  4. P

Hello!! Can you please help me with some advice?

IMHO: IQ4 back 20-22.5k EUR as you have one with warranty (a few months), lenses varies wildly 80 and 55 are cheaper 1000-1750 and less sought after, 120 can be 2000-3000ish more or less ... back price is more known, lenses are really supply and demand ... so can be more or less, e.g. 80 for...
  5. P

UPDATED: Factory refurbished Alpa Max incl. box and accessories almost like new (EU)

CHF4050 Swiss Francs net onto my Swiss Franc denominated paypal (c. 4599 USD) – that's almost half price incl. local VAT in Switzerland for a factory refurbished Alpa Max with new parts, etc. ideal for the new CFV100c! I can help procure small parts locally e.g. like the V adapter, etc. Soon...
  6. P

FS: Rare Apo Sironar W 150 MC black ring (same as yellow ring) in excellent condition

Drop 999 USD net + shipping This is a rare black ring Sironar W – it has an IC covering 5x7 and hence a "sweet centre" spot which is huge and will cover any digital landscape photography need. Needless to say – this lens is amazing for 4x5! Easily mountable on an Arca R
  7. P

IQ4150 power on fail.need help.

I have had my colour IQ4 since 2019 - it has worked flawlessly from day one. It was used in cold, hot conditions. The build quality of P1 is top notch.
  8. P

Sorry, I oversaw this. Then its essentially goodwill from P1 or a dealer helping out on the "edge case situation" to get a favorable repair. Or an alternate solution – tradein for new ...
  9. P

Please advise the esteemed forum members which technical camera system I should invest in for landscape photography

I also moved away from stitching with the F metric due to imprecise alignment vs. pancake style cams. The most precise in my experience is the Alpa as it uses an internal bearing based, fixed frame rail system within which the back assembly is moved vs. the lens assembly. This means the back...
  10. P

That's something to be dealt with with the seller of the original second hand product. In my jurisdiction there's the concept of a "hidden defect" at purchase, but what happened here is a bit different because the back was in the posession of the purchaser for a longer time (1 month without...
  11. P

Still, getting a used IQ4 and then having to pay 3.5k is not a bad deal if the item is still rare and 45k list. Its a great sensor.
  12. P

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

The effect appears with wide angles – I suppose you'd see it with the 32, 40 when shifting ... ie as soon as you have more pronounced angles of light onto the sensor, despite retrofocus design. Steve mentioned he saw it, with which lens?
  13. P

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

Very surprising they didn't catch this ... during testing of tech cam usage ...
  14. P

Coming back to Leica

2008 and still here – you are part of the "OG gang"!
  15. P

Please advise the esteemed forum members which technical camera system I should invest in for landscape photography

The Arca is often mentioned for price / performance as you basically can mount lenses yourself if you have enough rings - just screwing in front and rear elements – and on top the tilt mechanism is built in. I have the Arca primarily for film use. I don't like with it that the securing...
  16. P

Phase One XT 150mm HO-S SB Lens

It will be more like a large brother. The XT is a compact travel camera which covers the very sharp useful IC if all lenses up until 50 HR; above that eg 70 and 90 HR you have more room to shift. Arguably, the Rodie lenses below have a few more mm each to rise in panoramic orientation as well...
  17. P

Sounds like you are an XT candidate if you have a preference for convenience (no cables / shift metadata) and money is no object. So it comes down to the budget because the XT solution is the most costly out there. Given that the IQ5 is expected (and I think it'll come with 200 megapixels next...
  18. P

Coming back to Leica

Welcome back! You are a forum legend – would be great to see more from you again. Wishing the best and a good recovery!
  19. P

WTB: Rodenstock 60 HR with helical or helical alone

Hi all I am searching for this lens WITH helical, unmounted or in Cambo or R or Alpa. Helical alone would also work. Thank you very much for reaching out. P.