The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Do you long to transition from MFD to LF?

A nice technical camera, lens and digital back costs maybe 15 grand. A new LF film set-up could run from the low-end $400 (Intrepid without a lens) to quite expensive $7750 (Linhof et al, no lens), and used ones are much less than that. Has anyone done an analysis of the cost of an MF digital...
  2. P

Any flash experience for Rollei Hy6 Mod2 and Metz 54mz-4i with SCA3562 adapter?

I do not have or use the Metz strobe or the adapter. But reading the Hy6 user manual, it seems like with the camera in A (aperture-priority) mode the flash will only fire if there is insufficient ambient light.
  3. P

Do you long to transition from MFD to LF?

The Versalab Parallel might do the trick, although it is meant for enlarger alignment. https://versalab.com/PARALLEL.html
  4. P

Fun with MF images 2024

Nice to see some Hy6 /Credo work here.
  5. P

Behind the scenes

Curious...how many hours of retouching?
  6. P

Fun with MF images 2024

Eucalyptus. Hy6 Mod2, Leaf AFi II 7, Schneider Apo-Symmar 90mm f/4 Makro
  7. P

The great tripod & head thread!

There never seems to be the perfect all-around tripod or bag. So they tend to accumulate.
  8. P

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

This is another way...
  9. P

203FE purchase advise

I wonder why you only shot 5 rolls? The 180 is a fabulous, fast portrait lens. Big and heavy, too. The 110mm Planar is quite rare as is the 60mm Curtagon, both excellent and expensive lenses. Maybe you should have tried the 6008 with some other lenses. It is versatile camera, but like the 203...
  10. P

Angle of view for stitched photos

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the tools seem to be limited to certain lenses and sensors, none of which I am using. I don't see the option of entering my own configuration(s).
  11. P

Thank you. Come to think of it, I thought there was a website where you could plug in the numbers and get equivalent focal length and angle of view.
  12. P

Got it. What I’d like to know is the then equivalent angle view for the lens.
  13. P

Trying to wrap my brain around estimating the angle of view for multiple, stitched photos. Is it factor of the lens AOV times the number of exposures, allowing for overlap? Or more complicated than that? And would one use the diagonal AOV or more likely the AOV corresponding to the frame...
  14. P

Fun with MF images 2024

It seems flowers are the theme Hy6, Leaf AFi II 7, Schneider APO-Symmar 90
  15. P

203FE purchase advise

Except Hasselblad no longer supports the 2xx. The flocking deteriorates after a number of years and can be quite expensive to properly replace. And I believe fewer were made, so the likelihood of donor cameras and parts would be less. Technicians who work on the focal plane shutter Hasselblads...
  16. P

203FE purchase advise

Unfortunately, with most orphan cameras it comes down to parts availability and technicians with the knowledge to repair them. Both are in short supply or NLA. Very often there is a weak point in the camera, so even donor cameras can't supply working components or parts.
  17. P

Fun with MF images 2024

From what I have seen and learned about the Fresson process, the results can vary depending on many factors. And much of it is a closely-held secret by the family. However, the prints all seem to have a dreamy, moody quality which may not be appropriate for the digital example shown. Maybe the...
  18. P

203FE purchase advise

As an avid owner and user of many orphan cameras, I would recommend you stay away from the 200 series. I would also avoid the 555.
  19. P

Printers or panels

The medium may not be the message, but images do look different with reflected light vs transmitted. And the surface of the paper also comes into play, quite difficult to translate on an electronic display. Plus many photos are enhanced by being displayed as part of a series, or at least in...
  20. P

Printers or panels

I really believe a photograph is not finished until it is printed and a tangible object. Digital images on screens are ephemeral, forgettable at best.