The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. V

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Giving this thread a bump to keep the inspiration flowing. Anyone shooting on a 907x these days?
  2. V

Astrophotography with 907x

Is anyone use using this system to try to capture any night sky images? Please share your posts here if so… I’d love to see them.
  3. V

Astrophotography with 907x

A low resolution output of one of my night sky images captured in Croatia back in September. I only got around to processing it recently. My first attempt at astrophotography with the 907x. This used the XCD 30mm @ f3.5, 32s at ISO1600. I will note that my uploads to this site always seem to...
  4. V

This one was taken around the same time as the image above, down on Lake Ontario. I believe I used the x-Pan crop in camera.
  5. V

One from a few weeks back in the ravines outside of Toronto Canada. (Attaching photos here absolutely destroys image quality and sharpness. Does anyone know what the largest file size permitted is?)
  6. V

Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

So this is interesting. I just updated Phocus and now all my exports lose their created data metadata. I shoot in camera and use Phocus for the first step of processing, exporting 16 bit tiff files. Now when I import those into light room for final edit and catalog they import automatically into...
  7. V

It is surprising how well it works handheld. What are your thought as a newish owner?
  8. V

I'm just curious, is it any different on the X1Dii? I assume this was resolved for the X2D?
  9. V

Yes, let's keep this thread alive. here are a few recent ones. Log on the rocky beach. 1/4s @ f18, XCD30 Suburban Encroachment on the Rural Landscape. 20s @ f16, XCD45p.
  10. V

I do wish they would have a firmware solution for shooting night skies. So much potential but also so challenging.
  11. V

Two more taken with the 907x over the last several days. Both with the XCD30. I'm having to downsample to 1600px (widest dimension) to allow the file sizes to upload, unfortunately, so a lot of detail and shapes is being lost.
  12. V

One more - this one from last week with the 907x and 45p.
  13. V

A lazy weekend photo of the cat in natural light with the CFV II 50c back on the 501cm with Planar 80 f2.8.
  14. V

Case / Protection for 907x

Will the back with the 907x attached (no lens) fit?
  15. V

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

I recently found a photographer, Nick Carver, on YouTube. He shoots panorama medium format film at 6x17 and produces some great images. I thought I'd mention it here since this thread is about film photography. (I have no connection to Nick Carver at all - I just like his videos and tutorials...
  16. V

907x long time owners

I think the 90mm -- whether the existing 3.2 or the forthcoming 2.5 -- is a near-must for this system. It's a useful focal length for portraits, yes, but I like it as a "long" normal for landscape and documentary-style work too. The one I've never been able to decide on is the 135. I've heard...
  17. V

907x long time owners

Congrats on your purchase. I've never been lucky enough to find a store-backed open-box deal on Hasselblad gear. Sounds like you probably did well. You'll love the camera.
  18. V

907x long time owners

I've had mine for about 15 months now - so far from "long time" but the camera is holding up well. It takes beautiful photos and I think 50MP is a sweet spot between plenty of resolution and files that aren't so huge as to require lots of other upgrades (laptop, storage, etc). I love the form...
  19. V

Caring for the 907x Body

Hi everyone, I've seen articles on cleaning lenses and sensors, I've reviewed the manual which speaks to how to clean both also. What I'm having trouble finding is guidance on how to care for the leather on the 907x. I live in a dry climate and am not sure if it would be advisable to apply a...