The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

DP Review Forum to Close

I don't often base my opinions about photography, art and even equipment ONLY on technical specs and reviews but I really, really appreciate what Jim has provided over the years at DPreview and on his blog. I am pretty sure it takes a certain kind of person to spend that much time doing such in...
  2. P

Levi Strauss uses AI models now

a lot of people playing with AI image creation right now use chat GPT for prompts.
  3. P

I wonder how many actual fashion designs already live in 3D anyway, so it makes sense to pay the models (Kylie Jenner,...) a fee to use her AI/3D face and body (she will never age and never has to do more enhancements) and the AD can finally realize that shoot in the desert of Kylie riding the...
  4. P

all anyone needs from you is any photo, a voice recording (phone conversation, YouTube video,....) to produce a pretty convincing looking (especially if the audience does not know you) clip of you talking about anything THEY want you to talk about. so headshots are easy. and most people working...
  5. P

GF 35-70mm on GFX100s

I agree about SAI, it can be amazing but I mostly cant use it for general sharpening because it makes out of focus areas look really strange. It just does not seem to understand that out of focus areas are supposed to be OOF. in general I still find smart sharpen to be the best overall. but SAI...
  6. P

nope, any image remotely resembling your face will do, AI will take of lighting, options of outfits, hair color,....considering that most people want headshots to look like ideal versions of what they think they look like, its pretty perfect. I heard of one service charging 17$ for 100 shots...
  7. P

GF 35-70mm on GFX100s

ha! forgot about the 32-64 which was my go to lens with the 50s but honestly the 35-70 pretty much replaced it for me. maybe the 32-64 was a little better wide open? but again: size, weight, and even at 1000$ it was a better deal. closer focus is definitely one reason I mostly use the 45-100...
  8. P

GF 35-70mm on GFX100s

the 35-70 really is a no brainer, especially for hiking. in terms of IQ and bang for the buck it was great at 1000$, even better with a deal. I also have the 45-100 which is really only slightly better (if you really peep) but for work I often need the constant f stop and the longer reach, it is...
  9. P

Hasselblad Macro - XCD 120mm vs V 120mm

I have the XCD 120 and it is great, wonderful lens. I also have the 2 third party tubes available. the set up works fine, the tubes are cheap and work perfectly but the lens is obviously made to be used by itself, I can tell that IQ takes a slight hit when I use them. but they work.
  10. P

Open letter to Hasselblad

I think I will stick with my iPhone:)
  11. P

CCD are more or less analog, exposure is made then read. I am by no means an engineer so I am sure a lot of smarter people will know more and can explain better. but CCDs are not what we would consider global shutter where each pixel more or less acts as a shutter to make one uniform exposure...
  12. P

pretty sure I had that same sensor in a phase back, definitely enjoyed the colors as well, never had any issues with rolling shutter, so never thought of it.
  13. P

the H3D II 39 has global shutter? nobody has made a CCD sensor in ages. There are the 100mpix and 150mpix larger sensors both are CMOS. I don't think there is a larger sensor in the pipeline. the success of the GFX will hopefully bring us more development and more 33x44 sensors but right now the...
  14. P

907X--better for shooting manhole covers or people?

I have both 907 and X1DII, I prefer to shoot people in studio with 907 IF POSSIBLE, which means, camera locked down, tethered, focus set, lights set, which usually means 45P or 65 at f8-f11 full length or 4/3 I usually shoot MQ and don't even look at the camera, usually have somebody checking...
  15. P

Hasselblad 28 Sept 2021 "Beyond Classic"

if you have been shooting hasselblad for 2 decades that pretty much describes the H system? It seems like the hasselblad users (at least the ones I have talked to) that complain most are H system users who at this point feel somewhat betrayed and or deserted? to me the V system is hasselblad. I...
  16. P

Hasselblad 907x portrait mode

I have both the 907 and X1Dii, I mostly use the wider lenses 21 and 30 on the 907 because I mostly shoot those horizontal. I do like to shoot the 907 vertical with longer lenses in studio when the camera is more or less locked down and tethered, so I just use the rear screen as a basic...
  17. P

well I guess the surprise is not much of a surprise. I am a superhappy owner of 907 and 30mm, love it, great system, I don't need special editions but if it helps hasselblad sell cameras I am all for it. it really would have been a miracle if they would have pulled something revolutionary out of...
  18. P

when I saw the post on instagram, the first comment was from a very successful commercial photographer, something along the lines of shame on hasselblad for even thinking about something new and not supporting their customers. I guess I get it, I was never a big fan of the H system, I always...
  19. P

V style box mirrorless with larger sensor (150mpix) taking V and H glass? the H lens in the teaser makes me think whatever it is, it has to take H glass, and I can't imagine a new H body with mirror. the black texture points towards V style body. I guess we will know on the 28th. either way, I...
  20. P

Finding the right repro setup for Hasselblad 907x

I still don't trust LED 100% when it comes to CRI but they have come a long way. there are much better options then Broncolor LED. more light, better CRI. aputure are doing really amazing stuff but there are others as well. I still think flash might be a better solution though. more light and...