The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. jlancasterd

A Good Zoom Lens for Nikon D700

I used the Nikkor 24-120 f4 very successfully with the D700, 800 and 810.
  2. jlancasterd

Fun with Nikon Images 2023

Hello Thorkil I suspect that your supplier wasn't being entirely truthful, especially as Spanish slate has been much cheaper (but much less durable) than Welsh slate for many years. Even if there was a temporary shortage of Blaenau blue-grey slates, there were other quarries in North Wales...
  3. jlancasterd

Thorkil Do you know in which Blaenau quarry the slates you were using were produced? There were over 30 separate quarries at the peak (1890s) but latterly (1960's to date) only three major producers (Oakeley, Maenofferen and Llechwedd). Llechwedd is still producing on a small scale, but most...
  4. jlancasterd

Which Zoom Lens for D810

I had the 28-90 on an R8 with a digital back until Leica stopped supporting that system and did some very satisfactory work with it.
  5. jlancasterd

Fun with Nikon Images 2024 - while it still works!!!

It's been wet, wet, wet in North Wales this week… The Glaslyn river in the Aberglaslyn Pass yesterday afternoon. Zf with 24-70 f4
  6. jlancasterd

Zf

Thanks – I'll check that brand out
  7. jlancasterd

Zf

I'd like advice on the best type of micro-SD card for this camera. I have a Delrin Devices 128GB Black SD card as the main storage, and have configured the micro-SD for back up. I'm currently using a Kingston Canvas select plus card in the micro-SD slot, but am wondering if this is too slow to...
  8. jlancasterd

Zf, Nikkor 24-70/4 S Porthmadog harbour entrance at low tide. The stone ramp in the foreground is the site of one of the small shipyards that built around 300 sailing vessels – including around 30 'Western Ocean Yachts' – few of which were much over 200 tons – that carried the roofing slates...
  9. jlancasterd

Memorial. Zf, Nikkor 24-70/4 S
  10. jlancasterd

I for one would have been happy for the Zf to have been fully 'retro' – configured for those of us who don't do video.
  11. jlancasterd

Whether it makes sense from an environmental perspective or not depends very much on what you factor in. Buying coal from Azerbaijan means that the amount of fuel expended in the delivery process is greatly increased. Our locomotives also burn a significantly greater amount of Azerbaijan coal...
  12. jlancasterd

The last of the 'black diamonds' – the sole remaining mine that was producing Welsh steam coal was shut down in November on environmental grounds. These wagons contain what is probably the final delivery to the Ffestiniog Railway. From now on we will be using less calorific imported coal...
  13. jlancasterd

Winter low tide on a dull day in Porthmadog with my new Zf…
  14. jlancasterd

Thanks – that's useful to know
  15. jlancasterd

What filtering did you use for these - or was is all done in post?
  16. jlancasterd

Zf

I have one on Pre-order…
  17. jlancasterd

2023...what can we expect from Nikon?

One rumour is that monochrome will be an option on the mode dial. Could be interesting!
  18. jlancasterd

Nikon Z8

I already have a D850 and a Z7II. I don't do video, or shoot fast-moving sport, so I'll stick with what I have. If it had been 60 megapixel I might have been tempted!
  19. jlancasterd

20. jlancasterd

Z6, 24-70 f4 Fleetwood Ferry Lifeboat Station