The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. K

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Nice image! I've always thought this lens created an Orthochromatic look. It's the contrast I guess. Not bad considering Nikon designed it in for Leica in 1945 and started producing them the next year.
  2. K

Positive feedback for diggles

I just received the Canon 5DSr system and 24-70 L II USM lens I purchased from Warren Diggles here on the forum and I couldn't be happier. Everything is just as described. Communication was great and he shipped promptly. Highly recommended seller !
  3. K

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

You must have a stash. Legacy Pro 100 hasn't been made for some time.
  4. K

Diafine is a split bath, compensating developer. It gives fine grain, a slight speed boost, time and temp variations won't affect results and you can develop different ISO films together. Tri-X and Diafine were (are) the news photographers staple. Over or under exposure have little effect...
  5. K

SOLD: Canon 5DSr Kit with less than 1,000 actuations

Message sent. Please consider it sold.
  6. K

Fun with MF images 2021

Thank you Joe ! I've shot with the SL2 and I have GFX 100S available to try out. It should be interesting. Your technique is pretty much how I shoot sports, wildlife etc.. Anything that's not 'posing.'
  7. K

Is there an overview somewhere of Hasselblad H cameras?

Well it's good news if you're that busy. Sounds like you have a life 😀 That's useful information about the EFH. I'm glad I ordered the NS holder now. Thanks Godfrey !
  8. K

Fun with MF images 2021

Those look great ! How was the focusing speed and color compared to the SL2 and Z7 ?
  9. K

Is there an overview somewhere of Hasselblad H cameras?

Godfrey I'm curious if you found the Essential Film Holder to be a suitable replacement for your Negative Supply system ? I just ordered the (very pricey) Negative Supply 120 holder and then found your post. No other references to the Negative Supply products came up in a search here. Also...
  10. K

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Glenn the original camera was designed and built by Horseman. This is the camera I owned. Rollei also had Novolfex build a slightly modified camera that offered Rollei 6000 lens compatibility. Parts were shipped to Germany and Novolflex added the modified standard / lens boards and put 'made in...
  11. K

Thank you Dierk for your generous and kind reply ! I've been shooting with the CF 60mm since 1985 but only recently bought a flex body. I bought it with the intention of using my V lenses with a CVF II 50C so it's great to see this comparison. The Rollei X-ACT2 that Glenn is referring to is...
  12. K

I really appreciate being able to see these together ! Any thoughts on how these 3 lenses compare ? All your images have been a very compelling testament to the quality of the 907X and the CVF II 50C.
  13. K

Lenses for 8x10

Will you be shooting in a studio or on location ? That may be a deciding factor in your choice of lens. Also consider your need for movements. A 240mm lens will cover 8X10 but leave you without much control. Nikon, Fuji and Schneider made compact 300mm lenses that will be light and easy to...
  14. K

Malefic 6x17 camera - experiences?

Ah, I missed that part, obviously. Thanks for the clarification.
  15. K

Please delete

Please delete
  16. K

Malefic 6x17 camera - experiences?

What's curious, or concerning, is that this guy has a web site but he hasn't bothered to update it with the 6X17 camera. Reading the site it looks like he's made only a couple of cameras. He does appear to be selling the files if you want to print your own though. http://frozenphoton.com/kraken/
  17. K

Sigma DP3M

It is Spring in Southern California ! DP3M + Canon Diopter
  18. K

Are you using the reformulated Atomal from Wehner ?
  19. K

Sigma DP3M

Barnsdall Gas Station tower. It's hard to find a good way to shoot this. It's behind a chain link fence and off limits.
  20. K

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

The images from this camera and lens are impressive. To my eye the 7-14 has a different look, a slight edge in detail and contrast, over the other Oly zoom you use. Nice work !