The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Godfrey

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Lots of lovely photos! I've been away from using my 907x SE for a while .. first it was off to Hasselblad USA for a time to investigate the weird problem I was having with it pointed nose down. Then it came back but I was away, and away again, and distracted with other things. I've been...
  2. Godfrey

XCD 21mm for architecture instead of tech cam

I'm not sure that the job is any harder than designing any lens to perform well, aside from giving the design a wider image circle which sustains the quality out to farther edges off the optical center. The camera doesn't have to know anything, the lens just has to perform well through the range...
  3. Godfrey

This may be true, however I haven't seen that the lens correction added to the XCD 21mm actually changes its output by all that much if anything. It reminds me of the Pana/Leica Macro-Elmarit-DG 45mm f/2.8 ASPH designed for Micro-FourThirds, in a way: Many people dissed the lens as "needing...
  4. Godfrey

Hasselblad CFVII 50c back on SWC body ... who's tried it on an older SWC?

Yes, and yes. This is why I felt it reasonable to sell my SWC to help fund the 907x/21mm. There's little point, given the crop factor, to use the back on a SWC vs using the 45mm or 30mm on the 907x, and I wanted the SWC FoV on digital. The 50mm lens is wide enough for most of my desires on 6x6...
  5. Godfrey

Why do you expect the Rodenstock 23 lens to be "much much sharper" than the XCD 21mm? I've done a decent amount of shooting with the XCD21mm on the 907x and it is a satisfyingly extremely sharp lens in everything I've seen out of it, presuming I set the focus properly. I've not used anything...
  6. Godfrey

IPhone Photos

Thanks! Those are the Campagnolo Elektron (magnesium-aluminum) rally wheels, 13x5.5", fitted with modern Pirelli Cinturato CN36 tires in 185/70-13 sizing. A more common fitment in post-1969 cars is a set of Chromodora 14x6 alloy wheels. G
  7. Godfrey

Thank you for the good wishes! I'm well, life is good. :D I sold my '78 SWC to help fund the 907x Special Edition package; do wish I still had the 903SWC that I'd had before it anyway although the 907x + XCD21 nets an "all digital SWC" when cropped square. A friend, however, has a '66 SWC...
  8. Godfrey

I seem to recall a conversation here about this use of the CFVII 50c for the SWC, but cannot find it. A friend has a 1966 SWC with SWC/M upgrades to film crank and tripod mounting foot. I know the Hasselblad CFVII 50c manual lists compatibility back to the SWC/M, and think I recall there was...
  9. Godfrey

IPhone Photos

My latest Toy arrived on Friday. Too tired yesterday to do anything with it, but I cleaned the windows, put air in the tires, fired it up, and did two laps around the block today—first ride! 1967 Lancia Fulvia & GDG - Santa Clara 2021 iPhone 11 Pro Need to get it insured and registered next...
  10. Godfrey

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Everyone loves spending my money too. I generally don't mind, as long as I have some free cash to spend and the thing enticing me is worth buying... :) But I had an F6. Nice as it is, I sold it. I shoot very very little 35mm film anymore, and either of my Leicaflex SL or R6.2 do as good a job...
  11. Godfrey

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Lovely photos, chrism. I think I have the same orchid here. I've never used ColorPerfect, always do my rendering in LR thus far. Only rarely shoot color neg, but I render from old negs occasionally. You inspire me to experiment again without Adobe tools... :)
  12. Godfrey

Is there an overview somewhere of Hasselblad H cameras?

It's been a month and some chock full of things to do, places to go, etc ... I've not had time to process film, never mind finish off the last couple of frames in the Perkeo II, from the two rolls as yet. My EFH package arrived while I was out of town last week. When I opened it, I found the...
  13. Godfrey

Hasselblad XV Lens Adapter Questions

I just don't ken to marketing as being worth worrying about what they call things. :) I call my cameras by their names, usually, not by whatever facetious category a marketing goon decided to put it in. So my bodies are Hasselblad 500CM and 907x, and I have XCD series lenses and a range of...
  14. Godfrey

Perhaps. From what you posted , I read it more as marketing people looking for how to make labels that create distinction and brand recollection. The traditional Hasselblad cameras were never referred to as "V system" before the H series cameras came out. They were simply Hasselblads. :D G
  15. Godfrey

I agree on "view camera", but I always heard "monorail view camera" and "field camera" rather than tech cam. Why worry about what they call it? The 907x is a modern extension to the V system in terms of the CFVII 50c back, with the 907x body stub (or lens adapter, if you prefer to look at it...
  16. Godfrey

Hi Darr, Just checked ... discrepancy in page numbers and numbers of pages are because I have the 907x/CFVII 50c Special Edition docs on my iPad Pro (was on travel when I wrote that) and they're slightly different from the standard edition 907x/CFVII 50c docs.. :D After looking at the quoted...
  17. Godfrey

Hi Darr, Hmm. My 907x manual only has 112 pages in it, and my CFVII 50c manual only has 118 pages in it. And I don't see any instruction on using the XV Adapter at all, just an accessory listing for it... ???? As I asked earlier, what do you mean by "recognize the lens"? The XV Adapter is a...
  18. Godfrey

New iPad

I use the 2018 iPad Pro 11" as my mobile computing solution for everything. I've not been limited by anything about iPadOS. It's a different workflow compared to macOS and Lightroom, but I seem to be able to get what I want done without any inhibitions at all. I operate the Hasselblad 907x and...
  19. Godfrey

Be Careful with Your Digital Backs!!

Good to hear it's been taken care of, Darr. An expensive mishap, but eh? Stuff happens, we take care of it and move on. :) I'm glad the CFVII 50c has been working well for your needs too! I'm very jazzed to have my 907x SE back and look forward to putting it to work again, as soon as I'm back...
  20. Godfrey

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

I have the Hasselblad control grip, but similar to you I often prefer to use a simple grip on the left side that I made up using an L-bracket and a readily available wooden grip originally intended for video work. It presents a different way of holding and seeing with the 907x compared to their...