The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Canon Printer Ink

Some years ago I mistakenly bought a Canon ink cartridge which I discovered was the wrong one and I can't use it. It is a PFI-101GY for Prograf printers, 130 ml. It is nearly two years out of date though in my experience that is not an issue. Rather than than throw it way I'll give it to anyone...
  2. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Canon iPF printers and Big Sur

I made the mistake of upgrading to Big Sur. It appears the at my iPF6100 will not work and Canon does not have any updated drivers for it. (In fact not even for Catalina) Anybody have any suggestions?
  3. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Sharpest paper?

I'm interested in opinions as to the sharpest glossy papers for pigment inks. Any recommendations come!
  4. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

FS Phase One 35mm f3,5 LS Blue Ring lens

Having bought an XT and 32mm lens, I no longer need my 35 mm Blue Ring for the XF. Comes in original box with both lens caps and lens shade. Optics are perfect, in mint condition. Two tiny, barely visible, scuff marks on the barrel.(See first photo) US$4,800 including shipping in US and Canada.
  5. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Phase One XT

I'm contemplating getting the XT as a companion to my XF. Do any members here have one or have comments about it? (I've read all the reviews I can find on-line)
  6. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Wanted to buy

WTB prism viewfinder for Phase One XF.
  7. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Help with arithmetic!

I'm trying to figure out what the effective focal length is if I crop an IQ4-150 frame to 1/4th of its size. The frame is 14,204 px by 10,652 px. Assuming I'm using a 240 mm lens, how much do I have to crop to get the equivalents of a 480 mm and 960 mm lenses? My logic is that I'd get 480 mm...
  8. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Free film!

I have 4 rolls of Fuji Provia 400 which need a good home. They're dated 2009 but have been in my freezer for the ten years since. Free to the first claimant who sends the postage (let's say $5.00) to my PayPal account at [email protected] Cheers, Bill
  9. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

WTB Phase One XF body

I'm trying to find a back-up XF body (no prism, no back) for a very long trip. Cosmetics not important, functionality very important.
  10. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Auto ISO on Phase One XF

I have never used Auto ISO on the XF. I almost always shoot AV or Manual. But today I had a situation where I wanted to us Auto ISO. It was no problem tapping the ISO on the top screen and then the "Auto" and it worked fine - except it doesn't "stick". I have to reapply Auto ISO with each shot...
  11. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Nikon Coolscan 9000 ED film scanner

For sale. Lightly used and in perfect working order. Comes with 120 film, 35 mm film and 35 mm slide holders. $2200 including shipping in North America.
  12. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Does deleting an XQD file on IQ4-150 also delete the archived SD version?

I have my SD card set to "Archive" rather than Jpeg. If I delete a file from the screen, does it delete both versions, the XQD and SD? I'm on the road without a computer and want to make more space on the XQD with losing the SD version. Can I? (I know I can reformat the XQD card and leave the...
  13. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

CF Cards

Owing to my trading my IQ3 for an IQ4, I have three CF cards I can no longer use. One Sandisk Extreme Pro 128 GB, 160 mb/s Two Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB, 120 mb/s All three for $100, PayPal, shipping included. Bill
  14. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

LAOWA 12mm lens on Sony A7Riii

I recently added this lens to my Sony arsenal and am very pleased with it. My only complaint is that focussing it with the marks on the lens is pretty inaccurate. In fact infinity is sharpest when turned to about 3 metres or 10 feet. (But F8 is very very sharp!) Focussing using peaking is very...
  15. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Saturation with IQ3 100 and C1

I'm finding that my CMOS sensor in the IQ3 100 requires more saturation in C1 (20-30 points on the slider) than I did with previous CCD backs. Do others find this as well?
  16. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

"Lost" Electronic Shutter on XF

I went to use the ES on my Phase One XF today, but it's vanished from the menu! I can still choose FPS Only or LS Priority, but the ES choice has evaporated. Everything else works just as it should. I've checked the firmware on both the XF and the IQ3-100, both up-to-date, and also reverted to...
  17. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Focus Trim on Phase One XF

Having just installed Update #4, I'm now re-doing the focus trim for all my lenses. I'd be interested in any views on the focal length I should use for the SK40-80 zoom. One logic says that trimming at the longest focal length (80) is best because any slight shifts with zooming would be covered...
  18. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

SonyA7 II gear for sale

A7II camera in perfect condition, less than 4,000 shots, with standard 55 mm F1.8 lens - $1500 Vertical Grip for A7II - $200 Sony 70-200 F4 G $1600 Sony 16-35 F4 $850 Sony 35 F1.4 $1000 Sony 24-70 F4 $700 Voigtlander Heliar 12mm F5.6 with E mount VM adapter $600 Tamron 150-600 mm zoom, Sony A...
  19. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Review of XF and IQ3 100

This may be old news - a review by my friend Mark Dubovoy. Like him, I've been using the XF since August 2015 and the 100 mpx back since February last year. I agree with all he says except he didn't mention the tendency of the prism to come off too easily! Mark Dubovoy - Photo Aesthetics -...
  20. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

IQ3-100 with C1 10 Diffraction "correction".

One of the latest features of C1 is Diffraction Correction in the Lens tab. Today I set out to see how effective this is. All shots were taken with a sturdy Gitzo, Cube, Electronic Shutter and Vibration Delay, focussed with Live View and triggered with Capture Pilot. The lens is the BR SK 150...