The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. F

Are any of the hasselblad H lenses “bad”? Or hc 35mm review?

Hi all, just wanted to say a quick thanks for all the info shared in this thread. I‘ll likely pick up a used 35mm HC for my H3Dii. Love that camera, but the H being a discontinued system, I don’t think it’s worth investing in the 28mm HCD (also find it slightly too wide for my taste) cheers :)
  2. F

Strange behavior of Hasselblad XCD 45P on X1D II at widest aperture

Sounds like a problem with the shutter (maybe just wonky communication between lens and camera). If you start the camera with aperture set to something else than f4 it works correctly?
  3. F

Fun with MF images 2022

One of my favorite spots in Munich. 4-image pano with the H3D-39ii and HC 80mm: Königsplatz dawn I by Felix, auf Flickr ..and a bit of fun with two cars passing by. Not perfectly happy with this one yet - the cars slowed down too much because of a red traffic light. Königsplatz dawn III by...
  4. F

Fun with MF images 2022

At a nearby lake with the H3D-39ii. Love that camera, although I use it quite rarely. A_8447900 by Felix, auf Flickr A_8447915 by Felix, auf Flickr
  5. F

Hasselblad X2D coming soon to a divorce near you

ISO 64 vs. ISO 100 on the GFX 100S could mean another half stop of DR, at least that is what Nikon is achieving on the Z7 at ISO 64 vs ISO 100. In that case the X2D would almost exactly match the H6D-100C. Not that it matters that much at this level :)
  6. F

Wild guess for the other 2 lenses: 24mm f/4 55mm f/1.9 could also see them adding more zooms though.. 24-35, 75-150, etc looking forward to the 7th. But mostly for the new Apple Watches tbh 😄
  7. F

still focus by wire I think, but with hard stops and defined distance markings. Some older Fuji lenses had this e.g the 23mm f/1.4 and 16mm f/1.4. Also quite common on Olympus Pro lenses like the 12-40mm f/2.8 I guess the choice of focal length is because the SWC lens was 38mm? But of course a...
  8. F

Looks like the new lens has a manual focus clutch. Interesting change in design, maybe the 2 others will have it as well (if there really are 2 more lenses coming)
  9. F

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Very nice images, thanks for sharing! Added a pledge for a copy of the book and hope the funding will be successful :)
  10. F

Future of Hassy- Bleak or Bright?

A somewhat polite statement towards the Leica lens in comparison to the Hasselblad, at least when comparing sharpness/MTF ;) That 35-75mm is crazy good.
  11. F

Medium Format and Coffee

For pour overs I recently acquired a Hario Switch. It must be one of the most fail-safe coffee brewers out there. Almost impossible to mess up the brew with wrong grind size etc as long as the coffee is good and fresh. The Moka pot is of course a classic and I enjoy the texture. But it's...
  12. F

Tethering to come soon to Capture One mobile

Hm I guess it's good that they finally support the iPad, but 5$/month for basically the same functionality that Phocus Mobile 2 offers for free? Classic C1 :)
  13. F

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Venice in 2022. Shot on Rolleiflex 3.5E Venezia x Portra 400 X by Felix, auf Flickr
  14. F

Leica SL2 VS Hasselblad X1D2 with Native lenses

It's of course fair that you defend yourself and that you think this is the case. The problem is that we are all human and humans are a) easily biased even by small things and b) this bias usually happens unconsciously, so you wouldn't be able to tell. (there is a ton of scientific evidence for...
  15. F

First leaked picture of X2D

Would be interesting if they released an X2D 100c and a X2D 50c. However not sure how the latter would differentiate from the X1D II 50c...
  16. F

Fun with MF images 2021

From a walk in the woods this morning, with the H3Dii-39 + HC 80mm :) #1 by Felix, auf Flickr #2 by Felix, auf Flickr #3 by Felix, auf Flickr
  17. F

Perhaps a silly question...but one regarding the Hasselblad 2900 mAh battery on the H3D body

I'm positively surprised my gut-feeling-based response wasn't so wrong after all :D I have the same charger model for my H3Dii - helpful to know what to expect should I ever need to replace the battery with a new one from Hasselblad.
  18. F

Perhaps a silly question...but one regarding the Hasselblad 2900 mAh battery on the H3D body

I‘m no expert on these things so can’t answer your question unfortunately. Seems weird but possible to me (maybe the old charger doesn’t deliver quite enough oomph and battery gets „harder“ to charge towards max capacity) However, unless you need the extra battery power in the field it’s...
  19. F

Making sense of HVD 90X magnification

Hi all, usually viewfinder magnification is given at infinity with a normal lens attached, e.g 0.78x for my Fuji, 0.9x for the new Sony A1. Looking through the viewfinder of my Hasselblad, it seems to be pretty close to 1x with the 80mm. So I was curious and looked for the spec, but...
  20. F

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Some fun with the 'blad on a frosty Sunday morning Perlacher Forst I by Felix, auf Flickr Perlacher Forst II by Felix, auf Flickr Perlacher Forst III by Felix, auf Flickr