The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Duane Pandorf

Leica M[262]

1-2 years out you'll be able to buy an updated top that already looks brassed as a special edition! Btw, this one just got moved to the top of my wants.
  2. Duane Pandorf

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

I've been away from the forum for a couple days and am glad I missed the "noise". I really enjoy the Leica forum here and the camaraderie I feel here compared to other sites. IMO, we get too wrapped up in comparing the polished ends of a frog hair split three ways when comparing gear. The...
  3. Duane Pandorf

Leica SL (601) ..Oct 20th?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned on this thread but I just learned that this may become a great landscape option as the with the great weather sealing of the camera body and SL lenses you can also shoot 30 min exposures at any ISO. From the manual: "Shutter speed range 60s to 1⁄8000s...
  4. Duane Pandorf

Leica SL (601) ..Oct 20th?

Any thoughts on how the SL could impact the next update to the M? Is it possible that Leica can strip some of the extra stuff, i.e; video and slightly slim the M now that the end user has the SL to attach R lenses and have a much better video experience?
  5. Duane Pandorf

Anyone on Fotopark?

I have a FotoPark account but haven't paid much attention to it. I do have a few images uploaded there and just checked to see if I could answer your question. Not sure if I'm using FotoPark's nomenclature for their system but when I click on one of the images from "album" view that image...
  6. Duane Pandorf

Loving my new M-P

Did you send your Leica M9 to the US New Jersey service center? And if so, how long did it take once they had it for them to give you the option to upgrade? Thanks,
  7. Duane Pandorf

Fun w/Digital M Images

Spending Father's Day with my youngest as he participates in a weekend black smithing workshop. M-E, 50 Lux pre-ASPH, OOC Jpg
  8. Duane Pandorf

What to make of the new Leica slim M?

I wonder what battery life would be like with the addition of an integrated EVF along with liveview?
  9. Duane Pandorf

What to make of the new Leica slim M?

I won't buy a fixed lens camera again. If this camera came with the 35mm FOV would be a better choice IMO. I've owned a fixed lens camera and it is possible for dust to find its way inside. When that happens you have no recourse but to send it off for repair.
  10. Duane Pandorf

photos: Color Skopar 21mm f/4 used with M-P

I've shot some waterfalls with the 24 Elmar and done some interior shots with the 21 SEM. They are both in a league of their own, IMO.
  11. Duane Pandorf

Poll: choose 2 Leica M lenses for travel

I travel every other week for a week for work and I always have my 35 Lux ASPH. and 75 Cron. Its all I need.
  12. Duane Pandorf

Fun w/Digital M Images

Sunrise - Cancun M-E, 35 Lux ASPH.
  13. Duane Pandorf

Summilux 35mm f/1.4 v2 (Canada, 1978)

That's a very nice B&W.
  14. Duane Pandorf

Summilux 35mm f/1.4 v2 (Canada, 1978)

I have this lens too and shot with it for a year. Most of the photos on my blog from 6 months ago back a year are with this lens. You can use a 49mm filter in the Series VII filter holder. I too moved to the 35 Lux ASPH. (pre-FLE) for the .7 meter min. focus distance compared to 1 meter for...
  15. Duane Pandorf

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

What a beautiful rig!
  16. Duane Pandorf

Experience with Insurance on Leica Gear

Who do you have this through?
  17. Duane Pandorf

Experience with Insurance on Leica Gear

Thanks for raising this question George. I've recently updated my homeowner's insurance to ensure my camera equipment is listed separately along with our jewelry. But I need to confirm exactly what they will cover in all instances as I too travel every other week and take my standard two lens...
  18. Duane Pandorf

Fun w/Digital M Images

Leica M-E, 35 Lux ASPH. Went hiking with my son yesterday and this is an out of camera JPG as are the other B&W photos linked to my blog post.
  19. Duane Pandorf

Need help evaluating 50mm lens

You didn't say where you purchased this lens but I would attempt to return it before spending money on trying to "fix"" it.
  20. Duane Pandorf

Leica CCD Based M240? Maybe, just maybe!

Dave, as a Leica M-E user and am very happy with its output, I don't think there's a chance in, you know where, that Leica will release a new CCD M camera. I think the writing on the wall will be the update to the S2. If it goes CMOS definitely end of story. Now that the latest M firmware...