The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. olafphoto

What's the most dangerous and unusual place you have ever photographed?

Here is some medium format photography from Chernobyl. https://mediumformat.com/photographing-chernobyl/
  2. olafphoto

Rodney Smith Photographs

If you are looking for one remarkable photo book, Rodney Smith Photographs is being re-issued in soft cover on October 13th, 2020 and it includes a frameable fine art print (Rodney’s prints sell for thousands). Did I mention the stunning image on the cover?! You can pre-order the book on Amazon
  3. olafphoto

West African Portrait Photography

Great show! Thanks for sharing.
  4. olafphoto

street images, any camera

Passerby and his dog. It was a truly wonderful experience shooting in Paris together with my friend Ibarionex. This image was taken during one of our excursions.
  5. olafphoto

HOW IT WAS SHOT! Please share the story behind your image!

GFX 50S GF 45mm When I was shooting in Paris, I was impressed by the number of stunning historical buildings. Having said that, it was difficult to capture those structures in an interesting and fresh way without repeating the same images we have seen a hundred times. I asked myself: How can I...
  6. ©osztaba_street_H_20200117_B0001451.jpg

©osztaba_street_H_20200117_B0001451.jpg

The opening
  7. olafphoto

What is the latest photographic book you purchased and why?

Fabulous list! Thanks for sharing.
  8. olafphoto

Updates about the section

MESSAGE ABOUT MEMBERS’ EXHIBITION In the last few weeks we have introduced a flurry of changes to the platform. You will see many more as we listen to your feedback and try to make our platform more attractive to new registrants. My team and I are also working very hard to bring you some...
  9. olafphoto

Portrait Photography

MESSAGE ABOUT MEMBERS’ EXHIBITION In the last few weeks we have introduced a flurry of changes to the platform. You will see many more as we listen to your feedback and try to make our platform more attractive to new registrants. My team and I are also working very hard to bring you some...
  10. olafphoto

Street Photography

11. olafphoto

Architectural Photography

12. olafphoto

Travel Photography

13. olafphoto

Still-life Photography

14. olafphoto

Landscape Photography

15. olafphoto

Ken from London, UK

Hello @kywong It is wonderful to have you here. Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful introduction. In regards to the forum, we’ve almost completed our first phase of transformation. Now we are working on some interesting new features and exciting content. I am looking forward to...
  16. olafphoto

Kevin Raber from PhotoPXL.com, Indianapolis, IN

Welcome, Kevin. Jack and the company have certainly done an amazing job with GetDPI. My team at the Medium Format Magazine and I are thrilled that we could take the forum to a new place. We’ve just completed a major migration, the redesign is almost done, we’ve put in place a new advertising...
  17. olafphoto

Your favourite photographic book done by a medium format photographer?

Great book and even better story! Thank you for sharing. P.S. You did the right thing and the book certainly is yours now :)
  18. olafphoto

Great point Steven! I think there is growing interest in the craft of printing. This is also my next, personal avenue to explore.
  19. olafphoto

Indeed, stunning work! This is the problem we are all facing, especially now. Some artists' work must be seen and experienced in print.