The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

John Connor : We need to get to a bar The Terminator : Negative. The T-1000's highest probability for success now will be to copy a sculpture and to wait for you to order a drink ....
  2. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

I had to do a double take here because my first impression was that this was a sculpture of the 'Alien' from the sci-fi/horror film franchise...
  3. biglouis

Wildlife Photography

Thanks, everyone for comments. Most useful. Getting feedback is very helpful. It helps concentrate the mind for future opportunities. LouisB
  4. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Bridge Clutter - City of London. XT3/XF55-200. (Font to back: taken from the Millenium Bridge, Southwark Bridge, Cannon Street railway bridge, New Red Routemaster on London Bridge, mast on HMS Belfast in the centre of Tower Bridge.
  5. biglouis

slow day here...

Nothin' to do but photograph backyard birds...
  6. biglouis

Ebay

I have done but I doubt I will use eBay very much. Here in the UK, I've found that several prominent camera shops give you a trade in price which is not far off the ex-fees value you will get off eBay. I've done this a couple of times because it saves the pain of packing and despatching and I...
  7. biglouis

Wildlife Photography

I'd prefer a dedicated section but here we go. I am genuinely interested in suggestions/tips for future opportunities. I took this yesterday morning. Obviously, it was a 'grab shot' in the sense I could just about anticipate what was going to happen but getting my lens onto it was all I could...
  8. biglouis

Add a dedicated Wildlife section

One area of photography which I think it would be interesting to make 'cross camera' is a dedicated section on wildlife. I'm not aware such a section exists on GetDPI (in case I have missed something please direct me to it). It is a popular genre and I would be interested to be able to see...
  9. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

X-T4, XF200 f2 1/500 iso2000
  10. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

X-T4, XF 200mm+TC1.4 - Red Kite, Buckinghamshire
  11. biglouis

XF 200mm f2 plus TC1.4x at all time low in the UK

I must have been one of the first people to notice the incredible drop in price - also $1900 in the US. Mind you, I wouldn't want to lead anyone else astray with my inability to control myself with the offer on this lens. :-) LouisB
  12. biglouis

Well, the X-H1 is no more. Much as I like the X-H1 I like it more that it has paid for approximately 40% of the X-T4. And my X-T3 will now become my second camera on shoots where I need one (probably only a few more over the next year, or so). As far as all the other stuff I have sold to finance...
  13. biglouis

All in all, I think it was worth selling my left kidney for the XF 200/2. All taken with the X-T4. The thing about the kidney is a joke, btw.
  14. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Thanks, much appreciated. I was really pleased at how the camera/lens performed in what was really a grab shot as the action unfolded. LouisB
  15. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

x-t4, xf 200 - crow mobbing a grey heron.
  16. biglouis

Got the XF 200 last Wednesday and having sold a couple more items via eBay since then I decided to invest the money in an X-T4. Got it yesterday and it is more than just an upgrade to the X-T3. I'm quite impressed as it feels more stable and solid in use than my X-T3. I was planning on selling...
  17. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

First results with the XF 200/2. Heavy beast. These are raw files with no processing but some cropping. I've noticed this with a couple of Fuji lenses, notably the 80/2.8, that they draw colour beautifully in a naturally understated way which belies further processing if you like the look. I...
  18. biglouis

FS Fujfilm GF 45-100 f4 - Like new boxed complete - UK sale only

Selling my 5 month old Fujfilm GF 45-100 f4 for the GFX system. This is a 'like new' lens, looking in Lightroom I have only ever taken 185 photographs with it since I purchased it in December 2020. The glass is perfect, the front element was protected with a 82mm filter (not included) since...
  19. biglouis

Not sure I totally agree... for certain types of wildlife the lens has sufficient reach. Like you, I wonder what the 'X-H2' might have as features to make us buy it. I still use my X-H1 in preference to my X-T3 for a lot of work, (hell, I use it in preference to my GFX50R!) except for wildlife...
  20. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Brings back memories of my Corgi James Bond car, with bullet proof shield, machine guns and clever ejector seat mechanism...