The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Capture One 21 Analytics FYI

When the service is for free, you are the product! Oh wait, C1 isnt free.......
  2. D

WTB: Contax 645 IQ180/280 digital back

I just recently acquired a P65+ on the chinese market, it has 2 dings unfortunately but it works just well. manual focusing isnt bad on the contax, except shooting the 80/2 wide open, i also have the split screen which is very helpful, for landscape, just turn the focus to the far end, 35mm and...
  3. D

Fuji GFX100S priced at $5999

dont underestimate the amount of wealthy chinese, who buy only the best of the best with "i dont care how much it costs" in their mind but the higher than expected amount of GFX100 cameras, is surely also related to the chinese market.
  4. D

Fuji GFX100S priced at $5999

given phase's track record, that wont happen before an IQ5200 is released;)
  5. D

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

cant really see what to be disappointed about, amazing once in a lifetime view
  6. D

WTB: Contax 645 IQ180/280 digital back

Even a blind man could see that
  7. D

Leaf Aptus II: Digital Back freezing with CF cards

yes those treatments, both, aquirring leaf and mamiya, where d**k moves, just take over to destroy one competitor and get knowledge from another for cameras mostly, who knows maybe they allow schneider to use some patents from mamiya as well. just guessing. i think phase should have just let...
  8. D

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

I was on a very very frosty walk through the forbidden city two days ago, over night we got strong winter storms from mongolia, cooled down beijing to -10 degree at day time, but that meant also to have blue sky. Both images are made with the GFX100 and 23mm
  9. D

Anyone use Canon Tilt-Shift lenses on the IQ3 100?

OK just one assumption, people who own the roddie 23mm, say it performed badly on the iq100, on the iq4150 on the other hand it seems ok. having an even wider lens might result in worse images, but i dont know what is the flange distance of the roddie and thus the angle the tse17 is sending...
  10. D

Anyone use Canon Tilt-Shift lenses on the IQ3 100?

I just sold my 17, was never 100% happy with the results, and will move to Nikon 19mm soon, the nikon samples i have seen make a better impression than the 17. i also use the 50 TSE which is really good, all on the GFX100
  11. D

GFX 50R vs IQ160 for architecture

the samples on dpreview of the laowa are not very promising, its relatively soft, but i want to see a direct comparison to the 17 tse. but even with that i am not that happy and i think about "downgrading" to the nikon 19mm at the moment
  12. D

REDUCE: Limited edition black chrome Leica 50mm f1.4 Asph Summilux-M mint-

sorry for nitpicking, but its just 500 copies :cool:
  13. D

back with team phase

As i am preparing my great wall exhibition for next year i came across lots of images that i have taken with my contax 645 and p45+, that are, still today, stunning. i even managed to print one image at 180cm width. and all the talking with nikesteam, who is looking for an iq180 for ages, got...
  14. D

Mirror slap effect - Contax 645 vs Hasselblad H

didnt know that hasselblad had a hcd 80mm F2 ;)
  15. D

Considering X1D II....

also which well known youtuber? if you mean tony northrup, i have a big LOL for commenting
  16. D

Considering X1D II....

For me to chose the X1D over the GFX line would be the design/looks. Autofocus is vastly improved with the phase detection of the gfx100 and superior to the X1D. Also the quite higher price for lenses is a no go for me personally. Do you get what you pay for? i dont know. I am not saying that...
  17. D

GFX shutter modes pros and cons?

Noise reduction is done via a dark frame, meaning taking an image for the same amount of time as the actual images with the curtain closed, which isn't working in ES mode. in my experience the shutter vibration nearly negligible
  18. D

Fujifilm GFX100 Pixelshift Firmware is out

yes, there is a delay mode, which gives a flash enough time to recycle between shots. thats what the manual says
  19. D

Fujifilm GFX100 Pixelshift Firmware is out

https://fujifilm-x.com/global/support/download/firmware/cameras/gfx100/ Here are my first impressions AWESOME but... absolute steadiness is required, you easily get artifacts. we have 2020, and the software to combine the images is using the CPU to process? COME ON FUJI! i didnt get a amd...
  20. D

** FS: Leaf Credo 80 for Mamiya/PhaseOne 645 mount

which 645 mount? ;)