The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Godfrey

Hasselblad CFVII 50c back on SWC body ... who's tried it on an older SWC?

I seem to recall a conversation here about this use of the CFVII 50c for the SWC, but cannot find it. A friend has a 1966 SWC with SWC/M upgrades to film crank and tripod mounting foot. I know the Hasselblad CFVII 50c manual lists compatibility back to the SWC/M, and think I recall there was...
  2. Godfrey

problems making posts...

I was unable to get into the site at all for a time. Now I can get in, but any post I try to make with IMG tags around a URL fails. Please help!
  3. Godfrey

Jupiter-Saturn Conjunction photos

The conjunction of planets Jupiter and Saturn was clearly visible in the sky at 6:51pm when I got up to the roof of my building. I made this first photo at 6:55 ... and just after I did so, the air filled with mist and cloud and the view was lost. Jupiter-Saturn Conjunction As I looked at the...
  4. Godfrey

problems this morning ...

Something seems to have changed. Performance and page loading, compared to last evening, has gone from excellent to almost unusable. Some new indicator in Safari (a green trace across the top of the displayed window with a flag of progress bars on the right edge) now appears every time I...
  5. Godfrey

Hasselblad 907x + CFVII 50c firmware update 1.4.0

Hasselblad has issued a new firmware update, to v1.4.0, for the 907x, 907x Special Edition, and CFVII 50c. Here's the summary from the information file: — FIRMWARE 1.4.0 FOR HASSELBLAD 907X CAMERA The 1.4.0 firmware is a feature and stability release for the 907X Special Edition and the 907X...
  6. Godfrey

Panasonic GX9 ... impulse buy

I haven't seen this camera talked about here very much... In a moment of weakness, I saw the Panasonic GX9 body and thought, "Sheesh! That looks like a renovated, miniaturized, current version of my favorite old Panasonic L1 DSLR from 2006. And I have a whole bunch of lenses to use on...
  7. Godfrey

Pixii ... interesting new digital camera

I've been following the conversation on a couple of forums about the Pixii rangefinder camera. Seems they're getting close to shipping a first final product now. It's an interesting and odd enough new camera that I don't know exactly what forum it belongs in... If you feel this thread is better...
  8. Godfrey

Sometimes I find an older photo that I'd forgotten...

.. and it turns my head. Wow, did I really take that? California Poppy - Sunnyvale 2007 Pentax K10D + SMC-Pentax-FA 43mm f/1.9 Limited ISO 100 @ f/3.5 @ 1/800 Enjoy! G
  9. Godfrey

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Well, someone has to start this thread... :D Battery 1 is charged. Battery 2 is almost charged. I've done a trivial poke and prod of the various controls and menus. Gods, this is a beautiful piece of equipment! Hasselblad 907x Special Edition + XCD 21mm f/4 With the 21mm lens, it's a bit...
  10. Godfrey

What Camera To Bring On A Trip?

With the quality I can get with all my current camera equipment, and the iPhone 8 Plus, and the fact that I have too much to choose from, deciding what to bring on my cruise is the last and hardest decision when it comes to packing for the trip. Ah, First World Problems! :rolleyes: It's a...
  11. Godfrey

a "mini-digital SWC" ... Leica CL + Voigtländer 10mm, cropped square

Following on from participating in Dave's thread on "a modern SWC" in medium format digital ... https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/66312-modern-swc.html ... I thought a thread in the Leica forum concentrating on the CL used with this amazing Voigtländer...
  12. Godfrey

Never say never

The last time I sold out all my Leica gear was to acquire a Hasselblad 903SWC. When I bought back into Leica again, now almost a decade ago, I felt it would be the last time and I'd die using this equipment for the remainder of Time left to me... Hasselblad's new announcement of the updated...
  13. Godfrey

Negative diopter thread-in lenses...?

I'm working on a project and have come into a bit of an issue. I am working on a custom back for my Hasselblad V but cannot seem to get the imaging plane close enough to the proper film plane registration distance by a couple of mm. My thought was that a +diopter accessory lens (a close-up lens)...
  14. Godfrey

My Mood Is Changing ... Again

By mood I mean my desires in photographic endeavor. I pulled out the WATE (Tri-Elmar-M 16-18-21mm) and fitted it to the M-D along with the Universal Wide Angle Finder this past week for the first time in a while. I spent two days carrying it and trying to see: Nothing much happened. I fitted...
  15. Godfrey

The First Day of Christmas 2018

Yesterday, my next door neighbors rang the doorbell. The two youngest of their four boys, seven and nine years old, made a gift and greeting cards for us and couldn't wait to present them. They are just great kids, I always love it when I run into them in the hall or around the property, and...
  16. Godfrey

180 years later... Magic!

One hundred and eighty years after the invention of Photography, I mixed up some chemistry and dipped a strip of gelatin covered plastic into it. I switched to another chemical eight minutes later, and eight minutes after that I rolled the strip of plastic through a wetting agent. On the strip...
  17. Godfrey

iPad image processing: Affinity Photo

I'm on travel now and my iPad Pro 9.7 is doing service as my "do it all" carry computer very nicely. That said: I found myself dissatisfied with the results out of the latest Snapseed, which now processes raw files but I hadn't used for that purpose. My Leica CL images seemed to lack the...
  18. Godfrey

Leica CL ... GDG first impressions.

Preface: After studying the manual and then evaluating, handling the Leica CL in person, I've decided to obtain one. I should have it by the weekend. --- The Leica CL ... my first impressions. Made it up to Leica Store San Francisco on Tuesday and had a good long look at the CL there. I...
  19. Godfrey

Changes

"Eternity is too long a time for Humankind to contemplate..." My life has changed rather dramatically over the past year and some. My interests in photography have not waned, but the kind of photography I want to do begs less and less for large, professionally oriented cameras and more and more...
  20. Godfrey

Fun with Light L16

(I don't really know where to put Light L16 photos on this forum. Moderators, please let me know where this thread really belongs. Thanks!) Continuing to study and practice with the L16, I carry it all the time now. It proves handy and unobtrusive... Light L16 ISO 915 @ f/15 @ 1/40 @ 150mm...