The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Don Libby

Kevin Raber from PhotoPXL.com, Indianapolis, IN

Welcome aboard Kevin.
  2. Don Libby

Any experiences with the Arca Cube C1 gp (geared panning) FlipLock in rough landscape photography?

I wonder if the person who showers with their Cube will step forward....
  3. Don Libby

Edward Burtynsky

Sorry, wrong response here. I've deleted the thread.
  4. Don Libby

Any experiences with the Arca Cube C1 gp (geared panning) FlipLock in rough landscape photography?

I've used the C1 in rain, and snow as well as blowing sand. I've dropped it on a sandy beach. It's been used with a tech cam as well as all my medium format systems. Never had an issue or problem. I've felt comfortable standing in a forest as well as on the side of a 500' cliff. I sold the C1...
  5. Don Libby

HOW IT WAS SHOT! Please share the story behind your image!

I like doing this a little differently. This was captured using a Fuji GFX 50s, GF 45 f/2.8 at ISO 4000. The total time on this is 105-seconds which was made up of multiple captures before blending them together. The Milky Way can only be seen on very dark nights when there little to no moon...
  6. Milkyway Stargazing.jpg

Milkyway Stargazing.jpg

Milkyway
  7. Don Libby

One more waterdrop. Same basic setup as before this time using multiple drops and a colored backdrop. Capturing waterdrops can be a mixture of fun and anger. Fun when everything works, anger when it doesn't. It can also be wet - very wet....
  8. _DSF0339 Picnic.jpg

_DSF0339 Picnic.jpg

Waterdrops
  9. Don Libby

Capturing waterdrops using medium format. Simple once you get the hand of it... Fuji GFX 50s, GF 120mm, f/11 2-seconds ISO 500 2-flash units. The flash(s) are what captures the waterdrops. Open the shutter on bulb, drop the water making the flashes go off then close the shutter. While it the...
  10. Bulb.jpg

Bulb.jpg

Waterdrops
  11. Don Libby

Hot Glue Gun avice

Stay away from superglue!
  12. Don Libby

How to not get ripped off on Ebay

I'll normally attempt to sell here or if I don't feel like screwing around with PP costs and shipping I'll sell directly to KEH - they pick up the shipping and generally when it come down to it are just about the same in the end when you factor in the cost of shipping and insurance as well as...
  13. Don Libby

FS: Fuji XT3 + 16-80 lens + Flash like new - In the box!

Can't wait to see what you replace this one for...:whistle:
  14. Don Libby

BMPCC 4k

Guess I'll be visiting this area a little more often now. Picked up the 4k along with an Olympus 12-100. Never had/used Olympus lens before and spent the better part of the day trying to figure out why I wasn't able to setup AF. All is okay now...
  15. Don Libby

Sanity check...

I'm thinking of using a small LCD monitor connected to something like a Connex HD Mini Video downlink connected to my GFX in order to observe what the camera is recording from at least 100-yards. The camera will be attached to a wireless remote pan and tilt so seeing what the camera sees will...
  16. Waterdrops

Waterdrops

17. Waterdrops

Waterdrops

18. Don Libby

Surface Studio

My older studio computer took a dump this morning and ended up ordering a Microsoft Surface Studio as a replacement. Been looking at this since they first came out and decided to take the plunge. I also ordered a Surface Dial (reminds me of a hockey puck). Anyone here using one of these?
  19. Don Libby

Fuji GFX 50R

Dante struck again when Fuji offered the GFX50R at a $1,000 savings. I got the 50R yesterday and compare it to what I remember of the Leica M9 I had a couple years ago. Both have a similar design of a brick with the M9 slightly smaller and less weight. It all evens out with the larger sensor...
  20. Entrance

Entrance

Testing the Loawa 17mm on a GFX100