The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. rdeloe

Samyang 24mm f/3.5 Tilt-Shift Lens on GFX: a deep dive

Forum members who use medium format backs, or other cameras with short flange distances, have access to some terrific wide angle lenses that allow for tilt and shift. On my quirky setup (a Toyo VX23D with a GFX 50R), 35mm has long been as wide as I could go. Recently I rolled the dice on a...
  2. rdeloe

Pentax 645 35mm lenses - comparison

This is just a quick pointer to a thread at the PentaxForums site for people who use Pentax 645 lenses and have been wondering how the modern D FA version does in comparison to the original manual A version. I know from previous threads in this forum that there are a few such people, especially...
  3. rdeloe

WTB: Schneider Kreuznach Componon-S 210mm f/5.6

I'm looking for a nice clean copy (no haze, no fungus, free of scratches, no oil or rust on aperture blades, aperture ring turns smoothly and clicks positively, no bent filter ring, etc.). I don't mind some Schneideritis (but none is better). Minor cosmetic scratches and paint wear on the body...
  4. rdeloe

FS Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Digitar 80mm f/4 lens Copal 0 shutter in Excellent conditi

Selling a superb Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Digitar 80mm f/4 lens in a black Copal 0 shutter -- excellent condition with original caps, serial number 14911000. This is a compact and light yet extremely sharp lens designed for digital sensors. The lens and shutter are in near mint condition, with...
  5. rdeloe

3x normal

I'm curious to know what lenses people are using for 3x normal focal length on their technical cameras. On my setup, I'm calling "normal" 55-60mm. I have 2x normal covered nicely with an Apo-Sironar Digital. I'd like to know some options for 3x normal that allow for shifting 15mm or more. What...
  6. rdeloe

Old Schneider Apo-Digitar 60mm f/4 N -- thoughts

I have the Schneider Apo-Digitar 80mm f/4 L lens. It's more than satisfactory on my setup. Now I need something in the 55-65mm range. The old Schneider Apo-Digitar 60mm f/4 N is a candidate. The image circle just barely covers my Fuji GFX 50R sensor, which is far from ideal but would still be...
  7. rdeloe

Fuji GFX 50S/50R with 55mm Rodenstock/Sinar lens

I'm using a Fuji GFX 50R on the back of a Toyo VX23D. I understand that shorter focal length lenses designed for view/tech cameras will not work due to lens cast problems when shifting (even if they physically fit in front of the sensor). Therefore, I've given up on most of them... except I hold...