The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Jack

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

Okay, I lied... The lens is just too darn much fun so here's one more LOL! Z7, Viltrox 85 at f1.8:
  2. BeeWorking2.jpg

BeeWorking2.jpg

3. Jack

One more from the Viltrox 85 and I'll leave you alone for a few days LOL! This at f2.8 with a "Velvia" style process:
  4. weed.jpg

weed.jpg

5. Jack

Viltrox 85mm for Nikon Z -- initial mini review with some pics.

FWIW in case it's critical for you, this lens exhibits a teeny bit of pincusion distortion. I find adding 1% of generic barrel correction in C1 pretty much eliminates it.
  6. Jack

Another from the 85mm Viltrox, this one at f1.8. Processed in C1 to B&W with the grain and vignette added.
  7. mailboxes.jpg

mailboxes.jpg

8. Jack

New lens arrived today, a Viltrox 85 for the Nikon Z. This is one from its from its first outing. Taken at f3.5.
  9. Succulent.jpg

Succulent.jpg

10. Jack

Viltrox 85mm for Nikon Z -- initial mini review with some pics.

So I pulled the trigger on a Viltrox 85 in Z mount based on the mostly positive initial reviews. Note that historically I've not spent a lot of time with the 85 focal. I don't know exactly why, I do like the way they render, but always seemed to grab my 105 instead. That's the main reason I...
  11. Viltrox1.jpg

Viltrox1.jpg

12. viltrox1crop.jpg

viltrox1crop.jpg

13. Viltrox2_f4bok.jpg

Viltrox2_f4bok.jpg

14. Viltrox3Cornercrop.jpg

Viltrox3Cornercrop.jpg

15. Viltrox3f3.5.jpg

Viltrox3f3.5.jpg

16. ViltroxeyeAFf4.jpg

ViltroxeyeAFf4.jpg

17. ViltroxeyeCrop.jpg

ViltroxeyeCrop.jpg

18. Jack

BIG PRINT order from old digital file

For me, I found that older sub 12 MP digital files usually printed out large best on canvas -- it's pretty forgiving with detail due to the texture yet renders color exceptionally well. YMMV...
  19. TruckandCombine_ACROS.jpg

TruckandCombine_ACROS.jpg

20. Jack

D50/160 Monitor profile spec, ISO12646

@Darin Marcus, I do find that the full grayscale looks more natural and separated, more "filmlike" for lack of a better term.