The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Hard to decide the right tech cam setup... still fighting

Should mention that you can also rent any of these cameras for a week from Capture Integration- a good way to trial.
  2. S

Hard to decide the right tech cam setup... still fighting

If you are looking at the Cambo 400, I would also look at the Cambo WRS-1600, which has a rotating back. This is my current camera. For me this is an indispensable function- not wanting to take the digital back off and on in the field (or as Dave mentioned, having two tripod mounts- had not...
  3. S

Rodenstock 138mm Float

On the Capture Integration web site it does show the 138mm lens in an X shutter planned to be released some time this year.
  4. S

COVID-19 vaccination

I got my first dose- Moderna, and am going to have the booster next week. It feels really good to be safe from serious complications- hopefully. I hope for everyone's sake we can really ramp this up for the whole world.
  5. S

Questions on trying to get better at using tilt on a tilt-swing

This thread has me thinking a lot about using tilt for landscape photos- I have the Cambo 1600 WRS with four Rodenstock lenses, only one of which (40mm) has the tilt/shift mount. My question is, should I consider having my other three lenses (28, 70, 120mm) re-mounted for tilt-shift, or would I...
  6. S

Rodenstock 138mm Float

A quick question; if you are using the Actus monorail, do you need to switch to the longer 300mm rail? Just curious if the 150mm monorail is long enough...
  7. S

Anyone using the Rodenstock 23mm?

Warren, With regards to focus, the beauty of a super wide lens lIke this is that your depth of field is huge. In focusing on the building at a far distance, it should all be sharp focus, particularly at f8 or f11. The only focus concern I find shooting wide angle is at very near range, if you...
  8. S

Kipon Adapter for Hasselblad

A question on adapters- hopefully someone knows; I am looking at the Kipon Tilt-shift adapter for use on a Hasselblad X camera. Kipon makes an adapter for Mamiya 645 lenses- my question is; would this also work with my Phase One lenses? If the answer is yes, then I have a lot of lenses that...
  9. S

Hasselblad 180/4 with teleconverter and CFV

Since many of you have a lot of experience with Hassy telephoto lenses, let me ask a brief question. Any difference in optical quality between the C and CF versions of the Hasselblad 250mm auperachromats? I notice that the C version can be found for quite a bit less, so if the optics are equal...
  10. S

Medium Format Magazine - November 2020.

Stunning images, and great articles- so glad I found this resource. The Island images are just fantastic!
  11. S

A major update!

I am going to subscribe to the Medium Format magazine today. Thanks! John
  12. S

Hasselblad C vs CF lenses

Since there are many more adapters for older Hasselblad lenses on digital cameras, I am looking at a Hasselblad telephoto lens. This may have been addressed before, but will the C and CF lenses work on a digital camera with an electronic shutter? It would require that the lens have a manual...
  13. S

The great tripod & head thread!

This Think Tank Changer 50 looks like it makes just about the perfect cover. I just ordered one for my tripod head- the cube C1. By my measurements it should just fit snugly over the head. Good recommendation!
  14. S

Dorthea Lange Digital Archive

Sorry guys, I had a typo in the link. I fixed it- again it is: Dorothealange.museumca.org Dorothea Lange Digital Archive | OMCA: Oakland Museum of CA | OMCA: Oakland Museum of California | Home
  15. S

Dorthea Lange Digital Archive

I wanted to share something I came across recently online (thanks to a Nat Geo e-mail); the Dorthea Lange Digital Archive- has over 600 of her depression era photos to view and enjoy. Looking through her photographs really brought me to appreciate her work even more. The archive is maintained by...
  16. S

Phaseone Blue ring lens and silver ring lens

Wow- this is news. I have been carrying around the big and heavy 150mm lens all this time because I thought it was the best lens. And it is very good, but big. I am currently packing for a hiking trip, and my pack is topping out at over 50 lbs, which is at the very limit of what I can carry. If...
  17. S

New Website - Capture Integration

It is a great site; lots of very useful info. I have had my eye on the Phase 240mm LS lens- and have been carefully searching for the link that will give me 50% off the lens. I will keep on looking and looking...
  18. S

Show us your Tech Cam

No center filter for even the 28mm? I have the 28 mm lens, but find the CF helps keep the edges from getting dark. Do you do the same in post-processing? Cheers, John