The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. jecxz

GFX100 Struggles

Thank you! I will check that out. Be safe.
  2. jecxz

GFX100 Struggles

Hi Derek, (I'm answering myself). Sorry to hear about your struggles, that's correct, the GFX100 does not have a Profile feature like the H3DII39 from 2007 has. Sorry. The issue with Aperture Priority is caused by DR being set to Auto; set it to DR100 and then the shutter speed will always be...
  3. jecxz

GFX100 Struggles

I'm struggling with a few issues with my new GFX100. I do not mean to complain, this is an incredible camera. I recently learned the GFX100 does not have a Profiles option like other cameras do. I'm quite disappointed. The Save User Settings option only saves a few things and for a camera with...
  4. jecxz

GFX 100 questions

Thank you!
  5. jecxz

GFX 100 questions

Please provide a link to this; thank you in advance!
  6. jecxz

Behind the scenes

H3DII39 with 100mm lens plus extension tube. (Checking focus in Phocus) More info: https://www.derekjecxz.com/photograph/daisy_by_derek_jecxz
  7. jecxz

Behind the scenes

Battle tested H3DII39 More here: https://www.derekjecxz.com/photograph/ocean_lake_by_derek_jecxz
  8. jecxz

Behind the scenes

Lovely cave in the Ozarks with my trusted and battle tested H3DII39 Slippery as goose stuff in there! https://www.derekjecxz.com/photograph/inner_cave_by_derek_jecxz
  9. jecxz

GFX 100 questions

Jack, I have to agree with Don (and same here I've been restricted travelwise due to Covid19). I got on board with the GFX100 and it is incredible. However, frankly, I am struggling with all of the options. I still actively use my H3DII39 and I love its simplicity. I am trying to mimic that...
  10. jecxz

Behind the scenes

I'm slowly getting there! The complexity of the GFX100 is driving me insane LOL
  11. jecxz

Hasselblad: Phocus Or Lightroom

Long time user of Phocus, since version 1.0. It's an easy workflow that allows me to rapidly make slight color and lens adjustments before exporting to 16 bit TIF and moving to Photoshop for heavier lifting. I do not use Lightroom because I do not have a PhD.
  12. jecxz

Need GFX100 Setup Help

Thank you Ron and Rand! It seems I am slowly discovering the many facets of this camera system and I'm quite impressed. Yes the EC button only requires a one time press, I think I can live with that, however, I wonder why someone would need to unlock the exposure compensation ever, maybe someone...
  13. jecxz

Behind the scenes

I love contributing to this thread! Here's a cell phone snapshot of photograph I made with my ancient Hasselblad H3DII39. https://www.derekjecxz.com/photograph/nevada_road_by_derek_jecxz Be safe everyone!
  14. jecxz

Need GFX100 Setup Help

Hi Guys, I could use some help; I have a particular way of working and need the camera to work my way. I have finished reading the manual and I cannot get the setup answers that I need. Here is how I want the camera to operate and thank you in advance for your setup guidance. 1. Front dial for...
  15. jecxz

Capture One Import from Hasselblad

I am now looking at Affinity, thank you; serendipitous because my Adobe annual $ is in 2 weeks! After 20 years, I never acclimated to the PS interface and felt it is complicated to do even the most basic of tasks; I did not want to acquire a PhD for PS. Be safe.
  16. jecxz

Capture One Import from Hasselblad

I agree with this; I use Phocus for my Hasselblad photographs and export to TIF for Photoshop. I have not tried Affinity.
  17. jecxz

Behind the scenes

Trusted H3DII39 with 24mm lens at f25 for 64 seconds with grad ND filters. Resultant Photograph Check out my website for more artwork!
  18. jecxz

HELP Hasselblad Phocus making my files too "crunchy"... what am I not shutting off???

Re: HELP Hasselblad Phocus making my files too "crunchy"... what am I not shutting of Hi JK, I notice what you are saying, however, other than reaching out the Hasselblad and sending them your files (and highlighting specifically what you are talking about) the questions you are asking are...
  19. jecxz

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Nice photo! Seeing this photo brought back memories; I biked there from Furnace Creek and back in late May or June! F'ing hot but lots of fun! Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack.
  20. jecxz

HELP Hasselblad Phocus making my files too "crunchy"... what am I not shutting off???

Re: HELP Hasselblad Phocus making my files too "crunchy"... what am I not shutting of JK, First: in Phocus, when you are viewing an image, does changing the combobox option as shown below change the Phocus shot for you in any way? Second: if there are truly NO adjustments in the Phocus...