The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Happy with X1D?

Testing times for a lot of brands with the GFX pushing everybody to their limits
  2. A

Happy with X1D?

I concur... The X1D is incredibly well designed. Also agree the 4116 edition looks even better.. I am pretty sure the next X1D is going to be a super exotic one..
  3. A

Happy with X1D?

Yeup.. I also like the graphite color.. it looks way better but the grip maybe better in v1.. the responsiveness is probably why I might eventually upgrade.. however, the x1d doesn’t seem like it’s too outdated.. if it were like the low res Leica S2, it would’ve been a no-brainer to go for the...
  4. A

Happy with X1D?

Yea, I read the release notes and it does mention stacking is to be done externally using some s/w. I think only Panasonic and Olympus does it in camera.. not sure about x1d ii
  5. A

Happy with X1D?

I thought it’s only focus bracketing in camera, you can focus stacking in camera as well with x1d?
  6. A

Happy with X1D?

Wow! Just wow.. thank you so much!! don’t know why it would be in a secret menu! I’ve followed the video and it works for me.. Focus stacking in camera definitely is a great addition in x1d II.. I’ll look for some good deals and get it sometime this year..
  7. A

Happy with X1D?

Thanks @vieri for sharing the detailed reviews of both cameras.. It's great that you take the time to do this for others to read.. I can see definite selling points for the v2 with some of the features there.. Considering I just acquired the X1D less than a month ago, I am going to give this...
  8. A

Happy with X1D?

Thanks John! i have compared them and those specs didn’t feel compelling enough despite the gorgeous lcd screen and better evf. The startup time or other workflows weren’t quite a problem for me for a few reasons.. it’s not my primary camera, I don’t need it to be fast, the IQ is the same.. I...
  9. A

Happy with X1D?

Anyone else shares similar thoughts or feels it’s definitely worth the upgrade?
  10. A

Happy with X1D?

Great!! That was my conclusion too.. i have no issues with the start up time either.. I have the v mount 60-120 lens.. IQ is pretty good. Despite the weight!
  11. A

Happy with X1D?

Who here is still very much happy with their X1D and don't find the enhancements in X1D II essential to make the upgrade? I got the X1D recently and have been pretty satisfied with it.. I am looking for reasons to NOT get the upgrade already.. I intended to shoot only with the 45p and use this...
  12. A

Digital Snob

I was baffled too.. Couple years ago when I had walked in to a gallery in Honolulu downtown.. some big prints of a night sky was around $8K and some other even more than 20K.. I was absolutely shocked at those prices! Yes, indeed they were good to look and admire but it's just crazy how...
  13. A

Landscape Photography

Horse shoe bend, Arizona, November 2017: Nikon D810 + Nikon 14-24mm f2.8
  14. A

Lens Suggestion for SL Portraits

Sigma 105 f1.4, Panasonic 70-200 f2.8 from my personal experience has been phenomenal! If you don't mind 50mm FL the Panasonic 50 f1.4 also is exquisite! Keep looking everyday for a deal on used ones and you should find one soon enough which will save you some bucks for another lens
  15. A

Hasselblad X1D USB Charging?

Alright.. 😏😏 thank you!
  16. A

Hasselblad X1D USB Charging?

Hello folks - my first post here.. just got an X1D and I was wondering if the USB charging works on X1D at all? It doesn't work for me.. I've tried with different cables, plugs and power banks without any luck Thanks! AK