The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Image circles listed at f11 and 22 but not smaller f-stops

Hi Rob, Thank you for the comprehensive yet clear explanation, twice now :) I understand properly now.
  2. J

Schneider Apo Digitar 35 5.6 XL on 6x8

You guys are great, thanks so much for all the help and effort.
  3. J

I’ve found a couple unmourned lenses as well but it’s more than the price of the lens for alpa to mount it and I don’t have the know how myself... adjusting the helical and all that.
  4. J

Thank you Med, this would be helpful as well. Some softness in the corners isn’t too much of a concern for me, but then again, I don’t know how bad it would be. I was discussing this on another thread. Is your 43 the apo helvetar?
  5. J

yes the grandagon or the SK38 super angulon would be perfect but I’ve been looking and no luck.
  6. J

Hi Dave, that’s super kind, I’d really appreciate it, yes!
  7. J

Hi All, I shoot roll film on my Alpa, 6x8 specifically and no shift. I would like a 35 (preferably) or 45 Considering the particularly high cost of just mounting lenses onto an Alpa board (on top of the lens price) and also the lack of knowhow on my part to do it myself, I have resigned myself...
  8. J

Just a follow up on this. I will be using one of the abovementioned lenses more at close focus distances like 6ft - 14ft, infinity focus much less often. As such, when you write about approaching 1:1, is my understanding correct that the closer you focus the larger the image circle gets and so...
  9. J

Thank you all for the feedback :)
  10. J

very helpful indeed, thank you Rob
  11. J

Where to get lenses mounted onto alpa boards?

Thank you all for the info. lets see.
  12. J

ALPA TC lens lock without hand grip

That's what I thought too but on my SWA, I occasionally find that the front or back locks have sometimes moved upwards a little...
  13. J

ALPA TC lens lock without hand grip

Anyone figure out a way to lock the lens in place on the TC without the hand grip’s safety lock?
  14. J

Who is CI? Also, do you know if they still offer this service?
  15. J

I’m uncertain if alpa still mount lenses for their customers and if they don’t, I’d there anywhere else to get this done? I’m looking for a 35or 45 Rodie grandagon (that’s the alpa apo AAA I think) but seems these discontinued alpa lenses are impossible to find and the new digital lenses don’t...
  16. J

This needs a digital back though right? ;)
  17. J

The aperture mount lenses only work with digital backs so i suppose this is not going to work with a film back where you need a shutter...
  18. J

The Alpa lens technical info booklets list the image circles of lenses at f11 and 22 but not at smaller f-stop numbers. Is there somewhere I can find this info? I’m looking for the SK 38/47/58 Super angulons and the Rodie 35 and 45 grandagons. Two follow up questions: 1)How much does the image...
  19. J

Anyone own an ALPA TC and a Hasselblad SWC/903/905?

hi G. You make valid points however I already own all the necessary components except the Tc frame/body and alone, that is certainlysignificantly cheaper than a 907 and lens :)