The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. W

Is Sony A7S series the best for getting a good image on the LCD in low light?

Hi, I have a project where I am shooting in extreme low light and I intend to hook the camera up to an external monitor, due to the awkward positioning of it. Was just wondering what camera you guys would suggest for getting the best image on the rear LCD (which then feeds to the external...
  2. W

Any examples with the Mamiya RZ 50mm ULD/Canon 50mm TSE and Cambo Actus and GFX?

Hi, Was just wondering if anybody had use the Mamiya RZ 50mm ULD with the Cambo Actus and GFX? I have read that it is optimised for better edge performance compared to the standard 50mm. I have both the Pentax 67 45mm and the Hasselblad 50mm FLE for use on my GFX 50S and find that I...
  3. W

Maximum "Rise" with 33x44 CMOS back and HR Digaron 40mm?

Hi, I have seen it mentioned a number of times that the CMOS 33mm x 44mm backs do not play well with movements on a tech camera. Was just wondering what the maximum rise in portrait orientation is when used with the Rodenstock 40mm f4? The specification sheet from Rodenstock suggests...
  4. W

Do 35mm and Medium Format have the same amount of "front shift"?

Hi, Just wondering if the amount of effective "front rise" is roughly the same across both full frame 35mm systems and Medium Format systems? The Canon TS-E lenses provide 12mm of shift whilst a "full frame" Phase and Tech camera combo seem to offer as much as 20mm of front rise... Are...
  5. W

Still only 3:2 aspect ratio for Sony cameras?

After handling both the new Nikon and Canon mirrorless cameras, it is good to see that they both have multiple "aspect ratios" that are visible in the EVF. This is an amazing viewing and composition aid and as far as I know, they both include the full RAW file to be played with in post...
  6. W

App for tethering the Fuji GFX to Capture One...

Just saw this on the Fuji GFX Facebook page.... Datenbankfehler Seems to work pretty well, slower than native obviously but still seems useable to me... Thoughts?
  7. W

WTB: Mirex P645 - Eos Tilt/Shift adapter...

Am looking to purchase a used Mirex P645 - Eos Tilt/Shift adapter. Please contact me if you have one.. Thanks!
  8. W

Hcam Master Tilt/Shift adapter for sale.

Up for sale is an excellent condition Hcam Master adapter for all Sony mirrorless cameras. This adapter enables tilt/shift movements with a multitude of lenses. Essentially a mini view camera in a compact package. Also enables parallax free stitching. Here are some links that showcase the...
  9. W

Shutter lag of A7RII? Compared to Nikon D810?

I recently saw mentioned that the shutter lag of my A7RII is measured exactly the same as the Nikon D810. According to "imaging resource" the Sony A7RII measures 0.212 with single spot autofocus and 0.107 with manual focus. The Nikon D810 was measured at 0.212 with single spot autofocus and...
  10. W

Please add the Sony RX1R2 firmware to the A7 series of cameras! We want crop modes!

Please Sony, add the features in the RX1R2 to the current A7 series of cameras in a firmware update! We want a 5:4, 4:3 and 1:1 crop to our Sony A7 cameras! I have had just had a chance to try the Sony RX1R2 in store and it has a great feature that is seriously lacking in the current A7...
  11. W

Will we ever see leaf shutter lenses for the A7R II?

With the A7R II being similar in quality to "some" Medium Format digital, is there any chance of Zeiss ever releasing a set of leaf shutter lenses for the Sony A7 series? They have the technical know ho to do so right? Or would this eat into RX1/RX2 sales? For me, the RX1/RX2 is a no go...
  12. W

Contax 645 Shift adapter..

I have been in contact with Steel Chen who has previously made Contax 645 adapters to work with both Nikon and Canon EF.. JAS Contax 645 Automatic Lens Adapter for Canon EF mount-in Lens Adapter from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group...
  13. W

Exposing for Sony A7R? Same as all digital cameras?

Hi, Just posted this on Fred Miranda and received a very mixed bag of responses, so I thought i would post it here and see what the general consensus is.. This forum seems to be the place for Sony related discussion, so maybe will be able to reach a more definite approach here.. :) My...
  14. W

RMT-VP1K Wireless Receiver?

Hi, I just saw this new item announced.. Sony RMT-VP1K Wireless Receiver and Remote Commander Kit am I correct in assuming that if using the Sony A7 with a L-Bracket (apart from the RRS one) that I will still be unable to fire a shot when the camera is in the portrait position? Is the...
  15. W

Anyone using the Canon 45mm TS-E?

Hi, I am looking to purchase this lens and was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it? I would be looking to use it for architecture/landscapes. This comparison shows it be comparable to the 24mm TS-E but suffering in the corners somewhat.. Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5 L II...
  16. W

L-Bracket for Sony A7R?

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone on here may be able to help me out with this query.. I currently have the Sony A7R and use it in conjunction with the Metabones v3 adapter and the Canon 24mm TS-E II. I have a Hejnar L-Bracket (and spacer) for the Metabones V3 and it works really great...
  17. W

M.M Function in "manual" mode on Sony A7R?

Am just wondering if anyone is able to shed some light on what the M.M function does when the Sony A7R is set to "manual" mode? Would be amazing if someone could clear this up for me! Thanks a lot!
  18. W

Image circle of A7R and Canon Tilt/Shift lenses compared to MFDB and shift lenses?

Hi, I am looking to purchase either Chiek's GX680 conversion or Stefan Steib's Mirex adapter (when it becomes available) and was just wondering how 35mm TS-E lenses compare to MFDB Rodenstock/Schneider lenses on a 645 digital back? Relative to the individual formats that is? So with...
  19. W

Does the A7R have the same Dynamic Range when used in "crop" mode?

Hi, I apologise if this is a really silly question but was just wondering if the A7R still has the same dynamic range when used in APS-C mode? I realise that other characteristics change like effective focal length, effective aperture (for D.O.F purposes), file size/output resolution...
  20. W

Face detect/Eye Detect with LA-E4?

Hi, I am really hoping that someone may be able to help me with this problem, am just trying to figure out if I am able to use face detect and/or eye detect when using the Sony A7R combined with the LA-E4 adapter? Ok, thanks so much in advance!