The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. W

MF Lenses with Shift Adapter or RhinoCam on Full-Frame/35mm Digital Body

Also, how did you change the aperture? I thought these worked electronically?
  2. W

MF Lenses with Shift Adapter or RhinoCam on Full-Frame/35mm Digital Body

That is awesome, looks great! I know you are using your FrankenCam with such a lens but do you see it being possible to adapt to a smaller footprint "Shift" adapter? I have the Kipon Eos - GFX Shift, do you think you could attach the lens somehow to this adapter? Thanks! :)
  3. W

Is Sony A7S series the best for getting a good image on the LCD in low light?

Thanks for the long, informative post, much appreciated! From what I am seeing with what I have available, the monitor is doing a decent job of relaying the cameras LCD feed. I am using a Fuji GFX 50S with a Feelworld FW760. I am really wondering if there is a camera system that relays a...
  4. W

Good One! Will aim to check out the Sony line once i get out of Corona lockdown.... :)
  5. W

Cheers Godfrey, really helpful! :)
  6. W

Hi, Thanks for the reply.. I guess I am just wondering if the Sony you have is better than the GFX, for viewing images off the LCD in really low light? Or is there not that much difference? Thanks! :)
  7. W

Good one, thanks for the tip... The advice of somebody who has both cameras is certainly going to be very helpful. Thanks again! :)
  8. W

Hi, I have a project where I am shooting in extreme low light and I intend to hook the camera up to an external monitor, due to the awkward positioning of it. Was just wondering what camera you guys would suggest for getting the best image on the rear LCD (which then feeds to the external...
  9. W

Any way to use Hasselblad V lenses with their shutters on Alpa 12 tech cams?

There is this one also.... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ALPA-Lens-board-fit-hasselblad-V-lens-phase-one-leaf-digital-back-mount-/183857648809 I do not have first hand experience with it but there are users on here who use it with a Cambo and I believe it works very well...
  10. W

thoughts on architectural with GFX, image circle and lens.

Hi Chris, Any idea if these Mamiya 7 lenses would work better with the BSI sensor of the GFX 100? Would movements be possible if it was attached to a bellows type system? Would you be able to use the 43mm or would the rear interfere? Thanks again for all your input! :)
  11. W

Hasselblad CFV II 50C and LCC?

This is a good link to check out.. Christoph Kugler has done some great testing with Hasselblad V lenses. He also hates LCC's and prefers the workflow of using such lenses :)...
  12. W

Any examples with the Mamiya RZ 50mm ULD/Canon 50mm TSE and Cambo Actus and GFX?

Hi, Was just wondering if anybody had use the Mamiya RZ 50mm ULD with the Cambo Actus and GFX? I have read that it is optimised for better edge performance compared to the standard 50mm. I have both the Pentax 67 45mm and the Hasselblad 50mm FLE for use on my GFX 50S and find that I...
  13. W

thoughts on architectural with GFX, image circle and lens.

I also have a P645 55mm that I don't love... Mine suffers from flare from above. This example looks very good indeed.. That Canon 50mm TS-E though, looks amazing fully shifted at 12mm :) Thanks for the test, very helpful....
  14. W

Maximum "Rise" with 33x44 CMOS back and HR Digaron 40mm?

Thanks so much to everyone for their responses, very helpful indeed! Doug, the Visualiser tool was extremely helpful.. :) The IQ4 150 looks amazing when being compared to older backs.. At first I thought that the IQ3 100mp was on the left and the IQ4 150mp was on the right and I am...
  15. W

I found this old article but was unable to expand most of the images... https://www.linhofstudio.com/knowledgebank/rodenstock-hr-digaron-40mm/ So it looks like it is possible right?
  16. W

Hi, I have seen it mentioned a number of times that the CMOS 33mm x 44mm backs do not play well with movements on a tech camera. Was just wondering what the maximum rise in portrait orientation is when used with the Rodenstock 40mm f4? The specification sheet from Rodenstock suggests...
  17. W

50mm f/0.95 for Fuji GFX

I was under the impression that the CFV II was the sensor as the X1D, which is the same as the Fuji GFX 50S and 50R. Shown to be 14 bit only, not true 16 bit which is found in the newer GFX 100.. I feel I have seen it mentioned a number of times that the claim of 16 bit is a bit of marketing...
  18. W

Do 35mm and Medium Format have the same amount of "front shift"?

Yes, good advice! I think the more I delve into this, the more I feel that I am reaching the limits of what is possible. As Audii-Dudii pointed out, a Albino Unicorn maybe.... I think what I will need to do (and did not want to) is use as much front shift as I can and then crop the image on...
  19. W

Wowsers! Thanks so much for such an in-depth reply, greatly appreciated! I have zero technical knowledge when it comes to both electronics or machining, so fiddling with an electronic adapter to get aperture control is out for me... I think I would look at getting the modified aperture...
  20. W

Interesting, the Cambo mod could be a way to go, if I had desirable results with the lens, as you say though, far from inexpensive. With regards to using electronic adapters with the Contax 645 35mm, wouldnt they need to be connected to the camera to make them work? Therefore, no shift is...