The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. dj may

Performance issues?

Maybe limit the image size? It is not necessary to have large files for browser viewing, especially mobile devices.
  2. dj may

Behind the scenes

I am a dark knight on a dark night, about 04:40. Not much to see with the naked eye, except my backpack illuminated by my headlamp. https://djessemay.com/portfolio/black-and-white-portfolio.html Leica S3, APO-Elmarit-S 180
  3. dj may

Best filters for landscape photography

Matt, I use the Lee push-on filter holder with the S24 lens when I need a filter, which is not often. There is no vignetting and no light leaks with a ND filter. You need to fill the small gap between the filter holder and the lens. I apply small beads of silicone on the filter holder.
  4. dj may

Behind the scenes

The typical experience of things not going according to plan. Mother Nature had other ideas. After nightfall, my intended shot was blocked by an unexpected cloud mass. This is normal in the mountains unfortunately. What to do? I laid down for a few hours, but could not sleep. I returned to the...
  5. dj may

The great tripod & head thread!

One of my most-used combinations .
  6. dj may

Fun with MF images 2021

I am working on a project "Transitions." I did this shot last month. Tomorrow, I go into the mountains for more nighttime work. Leica S3, APO-Elmarit-S 180
  7. dj may

Fun with MF images 2021

I quite like the shot with the train. Missed plans create opportunities. Well done.
  8. dj may

Behind the scenes

The process is simple; arrive on location, set up and wait until dark. This time, the temperature did not drop below freezing, therefore remaining comfortable was not a problem (I have frozen body parts in the past). Leica S3, APO-Elmar-S 180
  9. dj may

Cloud Storage

I would send multiple drives to different locations for safety. One can send a drive to a cloud storage provider also.
  10. dj may

Cloud Storage

What do you plan to use to access the cloud files? It seems accessing files on a drive would be more covenient.
  11. dj may

Behind the scenes

Gear in backpack, trekking poles, headlamp, hike to location and wait. Much more comfortable this time of year than in winter. Leica S3, APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120
  12. dj may

Performance issues?

Things don’t always go according to plan. I have come to expect problems. 😉
  13. dj may

Fun with MF images 2021

Thank you. You win! That is the Monochrom image. It is a stitched panorama, with 90mm lens. You are very perceptive.
  14. dj may

Fun with MF images 2021

This is Phase 2 of a proof-of-concept for a photo exhibition. There are several "firsts" in this project. 1. First time using Leica S3 medium format camera for video. 2. First time for me playing all parts of a piece of music (Winter, composed by Antonio Vivaldi). 3. First time using Yamaha SVC...
  15. dj may

Behind the scenes

Leica S3, APO-Elmar-S 180, stitched panorama
  16. dj may

AI landscape photography prototype

I forgot to post some examples of the S 24mm lens, as you requested. See below.
  17. dj may

Leica S Type 007 in 2021?

Not only is the image quality of the S 007 superb, the user experience is exceptional. I own S3 and S 006, and have used S 007. You will not be disappointed. I have no experience with H lenses, however I know several people that are satisfied with S cameras with H lenses.
  18. dj may

Fun with MF images 2021

Thank you. That is the plan. I just returned from several days in Saas-Almagell, so this is new. Typically, I wait and make many small adjustments until I am satisfied for printing.
  19. dj may

Fun with MF images 2021

Springtime in the Swiss alps. 100% processed by artificial intelligence, assisted by Scottish biofuel. Leica S3, APO-Elmar-S 180
  20. dj may

AI landscape photography prototype

I am partial to the variety made with my friend Peat.