The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. B

FS - PRICES REDUCED - Arca Swiss RM3Di - Bodies and Accessories

Is the Rotaslide still available?
  2. B

Cloud Storage

I would have all the files on a drive that would be in my suitcase. The cloud storage would be as a fail safe backup.
  3. B

Cloud Storage

I am going to be moving to a different country in the next few months and wanted to find a cloud storage solution as a failsafe. While I intend to carry my external RAID drive (it's not very large) with me on the flight (checked in luggage), my and my wife's (she's an artist) Imacs will travel...
  4. B

How do you pack your tech cam when outdoors?

The DB and my RM3Di are kept separately when taking a flight. The DB, RM3Di, two lenses, Sony A7R3+ ts-e 24, all spare batteries, along with a small macbook air are hand carried in a Peak Design Messenger bag. While the bag becomes quite heavy, airline staff have yet to give me any trouble as it...
  5. B

P45+ night photography problem

I've noticed the same problem when photographing a scene with certain types of LED lights. I think it may have something to do with the diffuser on the LED light fixtures or the way light is transmitted.
  6. B

Graphics Tablet

I'm thinking about buying a graphics tablet for photo editing purposes. Figured I'd use this never ending lockdown to learn something new. I photograph architecture and urban landscapes and do all the post work myself on an 27" Imac 5K. The tablet would be useful for burn/ dodge layers and for...
  7. B

Help identify Hasselbad lens

Can anyone identify the lens in this picture? Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question.
  8. B

Faint white lines in shadow areas

Great! That dealer is you Doug! I'll email you and Jeff separately. Thanks.
  9. B

Faint white lines in shadow areas

Can someone tell me what is going on with my P45+? I'm seeing these faint white lines running in parallel to the length of the sensor. They are visible in the shadows but I think they just run across the whole file. I've attached a 100% screen capture in which you can see two parallel lines. Is...
  10. B

Help getting into technical cameras

One big advantage with the RM3Di is the ability to focus without the need for live view. You can focus very accurately with a laser rangefinder and charts for each lens. Add the Lumariver DOF app and you have very accurate understanding of DOF for each shot. This was a key deciding factor for me...
  11. B

FS: Schneider Apo Digitar M 5,6/120mm Macro in Copal 0 shutter

Hi Peter, Is this lens somehow different from this Schneider 120 5.6 Digitar listed a few years ago? https://www.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-or-wtb/61514-fs-lens-schneider-apo-digitar-5-6-120-mm-n-copal-0-shutter.html?highlight=120+digitar I see that one says 48 degrees and the other 26. Is it...
  12. B

Technical Camera Images

I like that you are not afraid of the shadows. I have a bad habit of opening the shadows too much.
  13. B

Tablet viewfinder for Tech Cam?

It's called Mark II Viewfinder App. I use it extensively with the RM3Di and P45 back, the film 4x5 and even with the Canon 6D.
  14. B

Garage Sale: Phase One, Arca Swiss, Fuji GFX, Rodenstock

Arca Swiss Rodenstock HR Digaron W 5,6/90 mm Copal, R -bayonet Is this the SW version with a 120 mm image circle?
  15. B

Arca D4 Users, looking for your feedback

The geared D4 is the best tripod head I have ever used. I used to have a 410 before switching to the D4. It's fantastic!
  16. B

Carry on bag for tech camera

Thanks for all the great advice! I think the trick is to start with a bag that looks like it is smaller than the airlines requirements. The Think Tank Security is a great bag (I've been using mine for 8 years or so) but it is 55cm long which looks quite big. A smaller bag may not invite further...
  17. B

Carry on bag for tech camera

I recently took a flight from Delhi to Dhaka on assignment and had to argue with the ground staff over both the weight and size of my carry on bag. I had a Think Tank Airport Security V2.0 with the following: - Arca Swiss RM3DI - SK 35 and 72 - 4 batteries - viewfinder, cables etc - laser range...