The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. fotoism

Fuji 18-135mm

I am looking for user experience on subject lens, positive or negative, especially IQ. Currently I am using an X-T1 with the 16/1.4, mostly for travel/landscape use, and I am wondering if this lens would be a good addition.
  2. fotoism

Massive Telyt and Visoflex sale: Part 3 (Lot 17)

This is the third part of my massive sale featuring miscellaneous Telyt and Visoflex related accessories, plus various adapters and extension rings for M and R mount lenses. . . Close-up pictures of individual pieces are available here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgFSdv_7MvksgxWQ1WCD4M7RYuwv 1...
  3. fotoism

Massive Telyt and Visoflex sale: Part 2 (Lots 10-16)

This is the second part of my massive sale featuring Visoflex housings and bellows (yes, more than one, including a non-Leica tilt-shift bellows). The adapters and other small items will be part 3 of this sale coming out in the next few days. Please remember these are used equipment, so please...
  4. fotoism

Massive Telyt and Visoflex sale: Part 1 (Lots 1-9)

I am selling my entire collection of much loved but not so much used Telyt lenses and Visoflex systems. I will start with Telyt lenses. All lenses are registered with Leica and will be de-registered for the new owner. Next will be the Visoflex housings and bellows (yes, more than one). After...
  5. fotoism

Canadian Rockies - Banff and Jasper National Parks

I will be in the title national parks in late June this year for a week for the first time of my life, so I need advice from anyone who has been there before, Canadian or otherwise! :) First and foremost I need to know the good spots to take pictures. Not the average tourist pools but a little...
  6. fotoism

X-T1 and auto flash

I am a long time Leica user and about to go on a month long trip to Asia. My daughter came up to me and said: "Dad, why don't you take my X-T1 instead of your M8?" So here I am, a brand new X-T1 user trying to learn as quickly as possible a totally new camera. Following the user manual I was...
  7. fotoism

Capture One 8 is out

Kinda guessed it when all those C1v7 sale offers came out.
  8. fotoism

D3200 with Leica lens

Lately D3200 price has dropped below $500 (with kit lens) and that got me thinking if it's a good idea to add it to my Leica system as a carefree body. Are there good quality adapters you would recommend for M, R, and Viso mount lenses to be used on the D3200? I understand it will be manual...
  9. fotoism

Capture One missing curves

I cross-posted on another forum in the hope that I will get help from as many people as possible. Here is my problem: I have been using Capture One on my Win XP machine for a long time (moving up from C1-3 to the current C1-5.2.1) with no major problems. Then I built a new computer with Win 7...
  10. fotoism

Capture One v.5.1.1 available

Not much for M8/M9/X1 users, but maybe useful for others.
  11. fotoism

PC and monitor advice please?

I am thinking of building a new PC to replace the one I am using, a Pentium single core machine several years old. It is becoming painfully obvious trying to push my M8 DNG files thorugh C1 and CS4 is unhealthy, for me and my computer.;) I built PC's before but there are so many things to...
  12. fotoism

LTM adapter for CV15

I have 3 LTM adapters for my CV15 to go on the M8 - one is a Leitz, one is a Voigtlander, and one is from heavystar, but none of them allow me to line up the dot on the lens at 12 o'clock. The closest I can get is between 11 and 12 o'clock. Aside from the odd look I don't know if the...