The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. E

Behind the scenes

Here's one I did of an exploding sparkling wine bottle for a billboard! (printed 50ft wide by 14ft tall) Lots went into this including special glass cutting tools, water pumping hoses, standard issue DKR (Dexter's Kill Room - used to keep water splashes off the gear!)...massive post-proc...
  2. E

Behind the scenes

Thanks, Dave! I like your leather shots! Patent is hard I know what you mean! I haven't posted anything in a while here on GetDPI so thought this would be fun
  3. E

Behind the scenes

We keep a bathtub around the studio for a variety of purposes including water splash shots and a mini-cyclorama for shooting mirrored sunglasses. BUT; sometimes a bathtub is just a bathtub...
  4. E

FS: Mamiya/PhaseOne DF+ Camera Body

$950 OBO Mamiya DF+ camera body works perfectly, is in great "like new" condition Pulled from Leaf Credo-80 kit well maintained in studio entire life Original owner since new This is exactly the same DF+ camera body as the PhaseOne branded body, only because it came with a Leaf Credo, it says...
  5. E

Mamiya DF+ Camera Body

$1750.00 USD Latest camera body before the XF came out Excellent front-line camera or backup to XF for all PhaseOne and Leaf digital backs I have 3 of these DF+'s and only need 2 (traded Credo80 for new IQ3/XF promotion) This one says "Mamiya" on it but is identical to my PhaseOne DF+ Works...
  6. E

Schneider-Kreuznach 40-80 AF LS f/4-5.6

Insanely great lens! Extremely sharp edge to edge throughout its range. (PM me for example pics) I have replaced with primes so no longer need this beauty. Like new condition with box $4200.00 US free shipping and includes PayPal fees to CUSA
  7. E

FS: Schneider-Kreuznach 40-80 f/4-5.6 LS

Insanely great lens! Extremely sharp edge to edge throughout its range. (PM me for example pics) I have replaced with primes so no longer need this beauty. Like new condition with box $4200.00 US free shipping and includes PayPal fees to CUSA
  8. E

New to A7R3 need advice on connection problem

Hi archivue, I am testing its "pixel-shift" feature capability. C1 has no inline tools for this feature. I can capture the "pixel-shift" (4) images using C1, but then need a 3rd party program like Sony's Imaging Edge that knows how to combine the RGBG file set into a single true color file...
  9. E

OK, It works now I don't know what is in my operating system that was blocking it but when I moved over to a guest user it worked. I tested on other computers in the studio and all is good, its just that particular mac and that particular user/admin
  10. E

OK, so failure to launch testing the pixel shift option today 1. Downloaded the "Imaging Edge" software for Mac 2. Turned the camera to USB Connection to "PC Remote" 3. Checked operation and connection using CaptureOne v.11.1 all good 2 go 4. Quit C1v.11.1 5. Launched Imaging Edge Remote App...
  11. E

SK 40-80mm LS vs 3 primes [45,55,80] and the winner is!

I agree. I can't imagine walking around with a IQ/XF/SK 40-80 or 75-150 rig. Makes sense in my studio when I could only afford 1 or 2 lenses and needed a complete range. For shoots outside the studio for people I don't even consider my MFD rigs. Used Canon forever, just switched to Sony but any...
  12. E

SK 40-80mm LS vs 3 primes [45,55,80] and the winner is!

I would go with the primes (and have) not due to IQ but the weight and size. The 40-80 is a monster! I originally bought it (40-80) because I had nothing in that range and needed it to fill the gap, but now I have overlap with the primes and have decided they are more useful to me than the...
  13. E

Canon Gear FS

SOLD! Thanks!
  14. E

Mamiya DF+ Camera Body

Solid well maintained DF+ camera body with EJJI Battery and Charger $2150-OBO includes Paypal fees, insured shipping in Cont. USA
  15. E

Canon Gear FS

Selling Canon Gear: 5DSR used as backup in Still Life studio Shutter Count: 8209 Price 5DSR Body Only: $2,250.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new Camera is a 10, everything else is a 9 (shows wear but is operationally perfect) Shipping...
  16. E

FS: Mamiya DF+ Camera and 40-80LS Lens

Forgive if my pricing on these is too high, I don't check used pricing of gear very often so just based upon percentage of my cost when purchased new Please Make offer if interested No reasonable offer refused :) Great gear, perfect condition I have a very good and trustworthy track record...
  17. E

FS: Mamiya DF+ Camera and 40-80LS Lens

Doing some house cleaning before new arrivals for new studio! Mamiya DF+ Camera body with EJII Li-ion battery and charger $3000 OBO Schneider-Kreuznach 40-80LS AF (not "blue ring") $5000 OBO Just thought I would get this out there if anyone is in the market for either of these. I will...
  18. E

Finally a "proper" stackshot/viewcamera combo

ummm...ok :) I think I will continue to change my plane of focus the way I and everyone I have every known (including Ansel Adams) have been doing it since the late 60's...with the front standard tilts/swings and occasionally with some rear standard tilts/swings...but thats just me (and a few...
  19. E

Gerald, honestly I think 90% of what I stack is much larger with much greater tolerances than what you describe there. I do shoot about 2-3 medical devices a month and some jewelry that exceed those tolerances (diamond pendants, capillary plugs, artificial tear ducts, heart valves and the like)...
  20. E

I do not question the math or the physics. I am formally trained as an engineer. ;) Math vs Practice Joke (one of my favorites from engineering school: A mathematician and an engineer agreed to take part in an experiment. They were both placed in a room and at the other end was a beautiful...