The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. F

Reasons for MF in 2021

I have a different take on the question. Why go MF these days? Bear with me ... Although retired from my rat-race Advertising creative career, I used it as a way to win free-lance photography assignments and photo related work like digital retouching. It helps pay for the crushing expense of...
  2. F

Fun with MF images 2021

Simply and elegantly beautiful.
  3. F

Best modifier for group/family photos?

I've shot hundreds of large groups ... place two 72" umbrellas with diffusers parallel to the camera at the outer corner of the group angled inward a bit set up very high pointed down so the drop shadows drop down behind the subjects ... and shoot from a step ladder so the subjects are slightly...
  4. F

Leica SL2 Lenses.

Keep your eye on the newer Sigma lenses ... they are made in two mounts: Leica L and Sony FE. Sigma is part of the L consortium along with Panasonic and Leica. For example, the most recent Sigma 85/1.4 ART is very good and able to fully resolve the Sony 61 meg FF sensor. It's smaller and...
  5. F

What is "composing in camera"?

Interesting take on this subject ... perhaps tainted by the format? I guess I'm a slob ... I shoot for the moment and the content and composition is intuitive at best. I'm a Designer and Art Director by training and profession so I do relish well composed images ... but mostly well thought...
  6. F

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Here's an out-take ... my lighting assistant with what he called "Thor's Hammer" ... a Profoto B1X 500W/s AIR ... God of Lightening! With the S and CS lenses I can sync to 1/1000th @ full power without resorting to power robbing HSS. Note the new beach cart in background ... this was it's...
  7. F

Gathered up some assistants and went to the beach near us for an outing, first since being so ill ... caught a candid of one of my pals who lent a helping hand, (shot during a break) ... Leica S(006), ISO 100 @ 1/750 sec ... Apo Elmar-S 180 CS @ f/6.8
  8. F

For a bit of "fun" ... one of a "fantasy series" done for a model's portfolio ... story telling around a studio still image from the S-(006) using Profoto strobes and layered manipulation in PhotoShop to add "aging masks" of corrupt surfaces and corrosion that I've photographed separately over...
  9. F

Dave, your beautiful close-up photo reminded me to ask ... has anyone purchased/used (knows anyone who owns/uses) the breathtakingly expensive Elpro-S filter for the S-APO-Elmar-S 180/3.5 Lens?
  10. F

Must be the season to return here

I've been away for some time also. Just this past January we dismantled my large studio and am now in the process of finding a new home for all the pro studio stuff> Still shooting both for money and pleasure, but more interested in helping up-coming photographers and other artists I can aid...
  11. F

Warm weather finds curiosity piqued. Watching the street crowd from a good social distance. Pics for social sites perhaps? Available light. Leica S (006) @ 1/4000, Summicron S-100/2 @ f/2.8.
  12. F

Thank you for the kind words Thomas! Speaking of Hasselblad, when first transitioning from Hasselblad H to Leica S I adapted many HC lenses to the Leica because there were only a few S lenses available at first (S-70mm and S-180mm). The CS lenses didn't exist yet. Later I converted all S...
  13. F

Thanks, I'm doing a LOT better than those who passed away while I was in ICU. I heard Woody was extremely ill from Covid also ... do you remember him?
  14. F

I've not visited this site as much as I used to ... 2020 was a real crusher of a year. Starting on Thanksgiving day I spent a month in ICU and the Infectious Disease Isolation ward in hospital tossing dice with the grim reaper. Covid-19 is "The Gift That Keeps On Giving"by exploiting even any...
  15. F

Truth.
  16. F

Bit of halo between sky and trees on the left side. Easy fix. Worth it.
  17. F

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

This is a spectacular image. Such a simple composition yet rare as can be. Beautiful.
  18. F

Fun With Sony Cameras

Good job. That color is not easy to capture accurately.
  19. F

Beautifully rendered. Wonderful composition. If I may ask, where was this .... what part of Florida?