The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. Jorgen Udvang

Z 28 and 40

This review might be of interest. Generally very positive, and Richard is such a civilised reviewer:
  2. Jorgen Udvang

How do the New Nikon Z lenses compare to the Sony G

Jack, you just brought me several inches closer to a Z-body. Very informative.
  3. Jorgen Udvang

How do the New Nikon Z lenses compare to the Sony G

The Z9 is a full-size, built-like-a-fortress kind of camera body, presumably with all the latest bells and whistles. Sony makes fine cameras, but for demanding photography work, there's nothing like the big Nikons (and Canons). When it comes to image quality, features and lenses, the differences...
  4. Jorgen Udvang

Z9

And here's Ricci's take:
  5. Jorgen Udvang

Z9

Given the subject matter in the teaser, I suppose it's the 100-400mm. Here's the official link to the second teaser, in Full HD: https://www.nikon-image.com/sp/teaser_2021/
  6. Jorgen Udvang

Z9

I believe the Z6 II offers 8 bit internal, 10 bit external and 12 bit RAW, but this is a very different camera, presumably with much faster processors. To be competitive in this class, they should be able to do 10 bit 4:2:2 30p, 4:2:0 at 60p internally and 8 bit over that. That's what the much...
  7. Jorgen Udvang

Z9

Yes, 4320 is the vertical resolution of 8K. It's a bit odd that it doesn't say 7680 or simply 8K though. However, if it can shoot unlimited 8K, it can probably also shoot unlimited 4K/120. This camera looks increasingly tempting. Guess I just have to start saving. Lens looks like the 70-200.
  8. Jorgen Udvang

Z9

My guess is that it will have a sensor built on the one in the Sony A1, or one very similar to it. Would Sony sell its most advanced sensor to a competitor? They have no choice if they are going to stay relevant as a supplier of high-end sensors. To me it's very simple; if I can afford it I'll...
  9. Jorgen Udvang

Z9

Here's the first of 4 teasers. I notice a few changes from earlier full-size Nikon bodies: - They have moved the playback button to the right side of the body. That's a big plus, since one can review images in the viewfinder without moving the left hand which would in many cases be holding...
  10. Jorgen Udvang

Tempted, very tempted... GRIIIx

I would, for use on bright, sunny days.
  11. Jorgen Udvang

Nick Brandt - The day may break

I agree on what you say about film vs. digital. In search for digital perfection, he, and many other photographers, lose the raw dynamics that often come with film, particularly high contrast and/or large grain b&w films. I would go as far as saying that his story would come through clearer with...
  12. Jorgen Udvang

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Yes, but how often do I use a zoom lens at f/2.8? I have primes for that. For ultra-wide and long telephoto lenses, the quality differences are to much to ingnore, but for standard zooms, kit lenses have become pretty darn good. This one I was given for free from a person who just had to have a...
  13. Jorgen Udvang

You bet. Her only complaint was that she wasn't allowed to use the stepladder to get all the way to the top. That lens is a gem btw. Sharp, lightweight and compact. Makes me wonder why I'm spending extra money on "pro" lenses.
  14. Jorgen Udvang

Improving Ikea. G85 with Panasonic 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 23mm and f/5.6
  15. P1020796-RW2_DxO_DeepPRIME-ec1200.jpg

P1020796-RW2_DxO_DeepPRIME-ec1200.jpg

G85 with Panasonic 14-42mm
  16. Jorgen Udvang

Why none of the Canon R3 reviewers seem to be using a 28-70 f/2?

Yes, clearly the 28-70 has been looking for a camera like this.
  17. Jorgen Udvang

Why none of the Canon R3 reviewers seem to be using a 28-70 f/2?

Camera reviewers don't seem to be able to have two thoughts in their heads at the same time. A camera body and a lens? No, that's too much. Would be an interesting combo to try out though.
  18. Jorgen Udvang

Nick Brandt - The day may break

He's out with a new book. Again it's something really, really different. This one is shot on digital medium format. He commented when I asked him "This had to be digital (medium format) because with the fog constantly shifting every frame, I needed to check to see what it looked like at the end...
  19. Jorgen Udvang

I've just had one of those "I think I need a new camera, a full frame one. Wonder which one I should buy" moments. Then I did a shoot of the teak deck of a new yacht and had a look at the details in those photos... I don't need no full frame, bling in your eye, super shallow depth of field...
  20. P1440245-RW2_DxO_DeepPRIME-1200.jpg

P1440245-RW2_DxO_DeepPRIME-1200.jpg

GX8 with Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8