The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. vieri

Best 100mm filter holders for landscape photography

You are very welcome, happy you found the articles useful. As you said, everyone has their own ways of solving problems; mine is to use Grad ND filters, Soft Edge only, with various strengths. I always have a polariser handy, and often leave it on for all my shots if the focal length allows for...
  2. vieri

Hi Paul, great to hear that you found an 86mm ring, and I am sorry for the rest of your experience with H&Y in the US. I just forwarded your message to the Italian distributor, kindly asking them to let the mothership know about the issue - not sure how their distribution structure is, in terms...
  3. vieri

Hey Paul, sorry to hear that - I just became Ambassador for H&Y, via their Italian distributor, and they are incredibly responsive, active and friendly. I don't have yet the 86mm ring myself, but the Italian distributor ordered it for me and I'll find it when I'll pass by Milan (am currently...
  4. vieri

Hey Paul, when buying filters from H&Y, filters will come directly assembled in the frame, and it looks like the assembly is extremely solid. That's the way I got them for the test, I didn't have to assemble the frame around them but, as far as I can see, I don't think there is any way the...
  5. vieri

Hey Matt, I believe that it would not vignette with the H 300, whereas I can only say I think (or I hope!) it wouldn't with the Leica 24mm. Out of my experience with the Lee holder pushed down, and as far as I remember in terms of thickness of the adaptor, the Kase might work, feels thin...
  6. vieri

Hello everyone! Following to my Best Filters for Landscape Photography review, I went and tested 6 filter holders from those same brands as well. Filter holders are an extremely important piece of equipment for me, finding one that is as easy as possible to carry, that makes my workflow as easy...
  7. vieri

Best filters for landscape photography

Indeed it does, my bad. Best regards, Vieri
  8. vieri

You are very welcome Matt, always happy to help. Yes, the Leica S has always bizarrely been crippled for long exposures, something that never made sense to me; still, to get up to the 1-2 minutes (depending which model you have) of exposure it allows, you still might enjoy using ND filters...
  9. vieri

I wrote an article about using 100mm filters on the Leica S 24mm, perhaps you might find it interesting: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2016/08/100mm-square-filters-leica-super-elmar-s-24mm.html Hello Duff, I saw the B+W filters, but their range is limited to ND, they do not offer Grad ND...
  10. vieri

You are very welcome, Greg, glad to help!! You are very welcome, happy your choice was confirmed by my tests! Hey Matt, yes indeed, I will cover light leaks in the next review dedicated to filter holders, as well as workflow and other stuff. Hello Alan, yes indeed, it was a pity not to...
  11. vieri

Hello everyone, as many of you know I have been an Ambassador for Formatt-Hitech for 5 years. I left FH last March, for reasons that I'll obviously not share, and I have been looking for new filters to replace my FH kit since. To do so, as I always do when I have to select my gear, I took the...
  12. vieri

Phase One XT Rodenstock 32mm f/4 in-depth review

Sadly, the one I have is a little too small for that! Not sure if larger sizes would work though :D Best regards, Vieri
  13. vieri

Fun with MF images 2021

That first one is just amazing Ed, congrats!! :) Best regards, Vieri
  14. vieri

Phase One XT Rodenstock 50mm f/4 in-depth review

Thank you very much, happy you enjoyed the read! :) About reviewing the 70mm, I would love to review that as well, but I am afraid it won't happen anytime soon - if everything goes to plan, I will be on the road starting early September and up to mid-December, so that will have to wait for 2022...
  15. vieri

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and comment, Jacob, much appreciated! Happy you found it interesting. Personally, I found the 23mm, 32mm and 50mm to be amazing performers, and equally strong when used at f/8 - f/11 which is where I would generally use them for my work. If...
  16. vieri

Hello everyone! Today, I completed the third of a series of four in-depth reviews dedicated to Rodenstock lenses, in particular used in X-Shutter and on a Phase One XT. This third article will analyse the Rodenstock 50mm f/4, covering a classic focal length equivalent of 35mm on so-called...
  17. vieri

You are very welcome Mike, glad to help! Luckily Think Tank has a range of these in different sizes, I am sure you'll find the one that works for you! :) Best regards, Vieri
  18. vieri

You are very welcome! About night shots, no, sadly not yet. I hope to be able to shoot some after summer, when I'll go to Iceland & Faroe! Hello Mike, You are very welcome, glad you are finding my website & reviews interesting! About your question, what I like about the cover is that it's...
  19. vieri

Fun with MF images 2021

I love the surreal feeling created by the use of long exposures in the landscape, as well as the compositional power they provide in terms of the ability to create leading lines out of nowhere. Here two images from the coasts of Brittany, in France, a destination I really love and I can't wait...
  20. vieri

Backpack help please

Yes, I see why the magnetic lock is there, but to me they kinda tried to reinvent the wheel there - they could just attach waist straps the traditional way on the side of the back lid, rather than having them run over the lid itself, and that would have removed the need for the magnetic thingy...