The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. Greg Haag

Help with Cambo lens mount in the 50-60mm range please

Rodrigo, I hope all is well! I struggle with the same thing on a regular basis, and on more than one occasion I have been tempted to simplify. I think there are lots of great options in the photography world today, for me I always come back to the pleasure I get from shooting with a technical...
  2. Greg Haag

Behind the scenes

Finally made it out to the Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel in Bella Vista, Arkansas. I had to shoot about 30 minutes earlier than I had hoped to due to an event they were having. I was traveling light, so no lens shade, really struggled with flare. IQ4 150 w Rodenstock 32
  3. Greg Haag

Thank you all for your feedback! I love the idea of the 60XL, but I think I would be reluctant to purchase on someplace like ebay so maybe the Rodenstock is my best option.
  4. Greg Haag

I am looking for something in a combo mount that would fall in between a 32mm and 90mm, I believe in the 50-60mm range, but I am not sure what my options are. Right now the Rodenstock 50mm is an option, are there any other options new or used that I should consider? This would be going on an...
  5. Greg Haag

Compact Prime 15mm to 21mm for Sony A7r iv

Thank you for all the helpful insight Graham!
  6. Greg Haag

Thanks Graham! I have had the Voigtlander 15 in my shopping cart twice and just not pulled the trigger, your feedback may be the nudge I was needing.
  7. Greg Haag

Well after going thru some of the FM reviews, I gave up on the compact prime and decided to go with the Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM.
  8. Greg Haag

I am wanting to get a compact prime 15mm to 21mm for my Sony A7r iv. I am looking for very good image quality, but beyond that size is my priority. I am considering one of the Voigtlander's but hope to get some feedback from someone who has already gone down this road. Thanks in advance! Greg
  9. Greg Haag

Behind the scenes

Beautiful Shot Rodrigo! It looks like you and the bee got along ok. I hope all is well!
  10. Greg Haag

Fun with Sony Cameras 2021

Tropical storm Fred beginning to impact Seaside, Florida. Sony A7RIV Sony 200-600mm @600mm
  11. Greg Haag

I am wanting to learn how to pan with the wave on ocean shots, so last night was my first attempt. If anyone is experienced with this, I would love to hear about your technique. On this image, I am set up on a tripod panning horizontally at 1/15th of a second. Sony A7RIV Sony 200-600mm @ 400mm
  12. Greg Haag

Best filters for landscape photography

Thank you for the detailed review Vieri!
  13. Greg Haag

keragelv565

Same here from cegamand27
  14. Greg Haag

Every year we get to watch one or two fawns grow up in our back yard, this year just this little one. We love having them here and they love eating our ivy and the leave off of our dogwood trees. This is from tonight. Sony A7R IV with 200-600 at 600mm
  15. Greg Haag

New to MF digital with 100mp camera - benefits of big/heavy tripod, given electronic shutter?

Jon, I cannot speak to the Fuji, I have the Phase One IQ4 150 and the two tripods below. RRS TFC-34 Series 3 4-Leg Sections MK2 Fixed Apex - 3.85lbs. Max Height 58.2” Folded Length 20.9” https://www.adorama.com/rrstfc34mk2.html Small Gitzo Tripod - 2.27lbs...
  16. Greg Haag

Spring fed creek that flows into the North Fork River. This is near where the North Fork flows into the White River, this general area has some of the largest non-migratory brown trout in the world. Sony A7R IV [email protected]
  17. Greg Haag

Morning Light. Still trying to get myself familiar with the Sony camera and lens, from this morning at the office. Sony A7R IV 200-600 @ 400mm. 1/50th @ 6.3 ISO 1250
  18. Greg Haag

Stop on the way to work to capture the sunrise this morning. Sony A7R IV 24-105 @25mm handheld
  19. Greg Haag

Trying to spend a little time getting used to the 200-600. So far, I am apparently not a bird in flight photographer, tracking has been a challenge and if I am successful with that my focus or motion blur has been an issue. The few in flight that I get right are just pure luck. Sony A7R IV...