The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. scho

Fun with Sony Cameras 2021

Raining too hard now to even open a door for picture taking. Here are two in the kitchen with the Hasselblad 40/4 Distagon and 80/2.8 Planar shot from same distance in the Vertex via HB/M645 adapter on the a7C. ISO 100 f/16. Four shots each merged in LR PhotoMerge. 40mm Distagon 80mm Planar
  2. scho

Trying some of my Hasselblad V lenses in the Fotodiox Rhinocam Vertex via a simple HB to M645 adapter. Really into classic November weather now with cold, pouring rain so first test shot is through an open door to my deck. Click for larger image (50% of original). a7C with Hasselblad 40/4...
  3. scho

A crop from an image made with the a7C + Vertex with Mamiya 55mm f/2.8N. The crop was enlarged back to 62 MP using Adobe Enhance in LR.
  4. scho

I'm using the Mamiya 645 version of the Vertex and can use my Hasselblad V lenses via a Hasselblad V to Mamiya 645 adapter. I don't know if there is an adapter for Hasselblad H lenses to any of the Vertex formats.
  5. scho

slow day here...

Just what every backyard bird photographer needs. The automated bird feeder camera and alert system - The Bird Buddy! It will even ID birds that come to the feeder.
  6. scho

We went over to Sapsucker Woods for a walk and found that the visitor center in the lab was finally open again after being closed because of the pandemic. Took a few shots with the a7C and an old Contax N 24-85 Vario-Sonnar/ 3.5-4.5.
  7. scho

Got cordage? A 100% crop from a Sony a7C Mamiya 150mm f/3.5 image of some Yucca fiber.
  8. scho

Thunbergia (black-eyed susan vine) growing over a tree stump planter with cannas and other plants. Sony a7C Mamiya 645 150mm f/3.5 N in Fotodiox Rhinocam Vertex adapter. 4 shots merged in LR Photomerge.
  9. scho

The hanging geraniums are getting scraggly and coming to an end. a7C CN 70-200 3.5/4.5
  10. scho

And the Sony a7C with the Fringer CN-SE adapter and a Contax N 70-200 3.5/4.5 Zeiss lens. Click for full size,
  11. scho

One more test shot using the Fotodiox Vertex adapter on the a7C with Mamiya 645 lenses. This with the 150mm f/3.5 N. Click for full size original.
  12. scho

Testing a Sony a7C with Fotodiox Rhinocam Vertex adapter and Mamiya 645 55mm f/2.8N MF lens. Very quick and smooth process to rotate the camera taking 4 shots that are easily stitched using Adobe Photomerge in LR to generate 62 MP 1:1 format images. Couple of test samples below.
  13. scho

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

A two shot pano handheld, in portrait orientation. ND filter engaged, ISO 100 1/8 sec f/16. GR IIIx
  14. scho

My old grunge motifs at the old Cadscadilla Boathouse in Stewart Park, Ithaca, Ny are all gone now. Exterior renovations including new roof, shingles, windows, doors, and fresh paint have all been completed now. I miss the peeling paint and weathered shingles but will get used to the new look...
  15. scho

Topaz Denoise AI version 3.3.3

It might be camera specific, but using the raw option workflow I get very low saturation and dark output from my Olympus E-P7 files.
  16. scho

I have it working better now, but raw file option is still problematic. Best to just send TIFFs for processing.
  17. scho

A short woodland walk above Buttermilk Creek gorge with the Ricoh GR IIIx. Post processed all files through Topaz Denoise AI 3.3.3 which is now working OK (still a problem with raw workflow, but I just send TIFFs for batch processing). The footbridge across the gorge and into the woods. Trail...
  18. scho

Artful pics of flora...

Mushroom invasion. Ricoh GR IIIx
  19. scho

Here is a fun comparison shot. Fuji GFX 100s with 32-64 @ 50mm f/5.6 vs Ricoh GR IIIx 26.1 mm f/5.6 (Both are equiv 40mm focal length). The Ricoh GR IIIx shot was run through Adobe Enhance super-res in LR, otherwise same processing for both images. 100% screen grab shot in LR, click for full...
  20. scho

Watch out for this one. It is very buggy (at least the Mac version). My files come out looking desaturated, low contrast, really bad color,dull, and lacking sharpness. Particularly using the new raw file option.