The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. Shashin

climate

You could have simply clicked on the link and read the story yourself. Actually, I read and understand climate science reports and studies. They are not hypothetical either. But this thread is about the science and people interested in it. If you would like to make an anti-climate science...
  2. Shashin

climate

‘Case closed’: 99.9% of scientists agree climate emergency caused by humans Not that this should be a surprise. I am hoping we can get something out of COP26.
  3. Shashin

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

My wife and I took up a new hobby this summer--target archery. That is our local public range. It gets us out of the house several times a week. For scale, the spotting scope is 18 m (20 yards) from a 40 cm target. This lane lets us shoot up to 45 m or 50 yards. (The good news? After doing...
  4. Shashin

Behind the scenes

Matt, everyone's studio should have nice furnishings...
  5. Shashin

climate

<iframe width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" src="https://www.bbc.com/news/av-embeds/58925616"></iframe>
  6. Shashin

The great tripod & head thread!

Now, combine the sound and vibration data and see how they correlate! (Remember, you opened this can of worms.)
  7. Shashin

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

8. Shashin

Matt, this is all very interesting. (Just a flow of random thoughts.) I am sure, in terms of tripod stability, a balanced load is important. This is particularly important if you are adjusting the position of a camera on a ball head--it is a pain when the load is off center. What always...
  9. Shashin

Not to encourage you (and so far you have been doing this without any encouragement from anyone here ;) ), but how does mounting the camera based on its center of gravity effect vibration? Would having the mass off center act as a dampener or a tuning fork?
  10. Shashin

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

11. Shashin

Z9

This is GetDPI. If given a choice, obviously both would be the right answer... Need is for those other sites... We don't need anything, we need everything!
  12. Shashin

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

13. Shashin

Fun with MF images 2021

Stars have different color temperatures. That is pretty normal.
  14. Shashin

I would just walk over to B&H, slap down your credit card, and ask them to give you something expensive that will do what you want. I think you are going to have to try it with the camera and lens you want this for. I have found in practice, the rest of the world does not work like my living...
  15. Shashin

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

16. Shashin

There are only really two topics in the world: archery and those other things we talk about when would rather be talking about archery...
  17. Shashin

Compound bows are amazing. Every time I see a tournament in that category, it always comes down to someone making an error--like getting 599 out of 600! (For those not familiar with archery, the bulls eye is a ten and the 600 round is 60 arrows, meaning the archer shot one 9 and 59 tens. (both...
  18. Shashin

I think that is going to be the secret sauce, no matter which head you go with. It is a matter of averages and variance, which both get better with practice. It is also anticipating the shot in order to give time for the process of framing. I have just taken up target archery. I have a really...
  19. Shashin

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Over 693,000 flags on the National Mall in Washington, DC, to remember those that have died in the COVID-19 pandemic. The number increases every day to keep up with the total. This was taken last night. By the time the display is taken down on October 4th, I expect it to reach 700,000.
  20. Shashin

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

The National Geographic Society campus in DC.