The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. U

Sigma DP3M

Lee, i have noticed this as well. I had tried +0.3 with center-weighted and still find myself doing a -0.7 or sometimes more in SPP. Evaluative is worse. I now shoot at 0 compensation just to make sure i get more ability to move back in SPP if required. I have never blown highlights even with...
  2. U

Sigma DP3M

A few images from Bhutan (All images shot with DP3M)
  3. U

Sigma DP3M

@Arjuna, you could be right in this...my comparison was based on what the pilot said when flying over, and my comparison on shape based on wikipedia entry (Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Everest from Drukair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). If you view full size of the image above...
  4. U

Sigma DP3M

Mt. Everest shot with DP3M from window seat on Druk Air, on route to Paro, Bhutan. For larger image click here.
  5. U

Sigma DP3M

Expo floor model at UniquePhoto expo 2013
  6. U

Sigma DP3M

One more...
  7. U

dp2 merrill batterys

wasabi from amazon? they work....i use them...quite cheap as well.
  8. U

dp2 merrill but?

Chris, I had a lot of pondering sessions about its limitations....I finally gave in to the quality of the image...only because, i could never be happy knowing that my pixels could have been better, given A photographic situation... I do have a solution for the focusing issue - Shoot pano and...
  9. U

Sigma DP-2 Merrill images

The first image is fantastic! Reminds me of David duChemin's book....maybe he has shot a similar image...
  10. U

Sigma DP3M

One more...Clinton, NJ More images & full size here.
  11. U

dp2 merrill but?

Thanks. Recompose does not exactly work when you are trying to create a focus stacked composite :)
  12. U

dp2 merrill but?

question to those using AF and MF to focus... The focus points don't extend all the way to corners. Is there any way to use Live View with Magnify option to view and focus accurately on the corners? Thanks!
  13. U

Sigma DP3M

Focus stacked
  14. U

'B' mode on DP2M, possible?

[url=http://www.verdantvista.com/gallery.php?doc=tut9[/url] I have done both - Technically, there may be some gobbly gook to explain the logistics of this process....however, I found very little difference between the two methods. I found that the stacking gives me less noise in the resulting...
  15. U

'B' mode on DP2M, possible?

You can do exposure stacking the way astro photographers do...I think the max time you can have the shutter open with Dp2 is 30sec.
  16. U

FS: Panasonic GF1 Body Micro Four Thirds

looks like m4/3 is dead..i have been trying to sell 100-300 for over a week now...no interest :(
  17. U

FS: Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm lens for m4/3 cameras

only used a handful of times, lens and body shows no noticeable signs of use. includes box, pouch, hood, front and rear caps. Asking $415, paypaled & USPS Priority shipped within USA