The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. schuster

Photoshop's Learning Curve Evaporating

From The Washington Post: "A new “generative fill” AI capability can both create joyful Photoshop edits — and frightening deepfakes." https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/06/16/ai-photoshop-generative-fill-review/ Note: To read this article, The Washington Post requires...
  2. schuster

Interesting article: "The state of the Fujifilm GFX system (2022 edition)"

https://www.imaging-resource.com/articles/the-state-of-the-fujifilm-gfx-system
  3. schuster

Still skeptical about Fujifilm's GFX 100(s) IBIS?

I've been a Hasselblad user since the '60s, and still cherish the two that I still have. But, now that I'm about to turn 80 (ack!), I bought the 100S solely because of the IBIS. A few days ago, I had the 110mm on the 100S while tromping around the wildflowers. This test image was hand-held...
  4. schuster

All Polarizers are not equal

I've been using Hoya filters since the 1960s on Hasselblads and Nikons. Recently, I bought a Fujifilm 100S, and with the freedom of hand-holding MF came (new to me) magnetic filters. Kase seemed to be popular, so I bought a "starter kit" yesterday, consisting of an ND 8, ND 64 and a circular...
  5. schuster

GF lenses reaching US?

Anyone have a guesstimate or rumor about when GF lenses might start showing up in the US?
  6. schuster

FS: Canon EF 24-105mm L IS USM lens and camera full kit

I am the original owner of this gear. It's all in barely used condition, except the Tamrac carry case, because my name is on the inside. - Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, image stabilized, “L” series lens with original lens hood, front and rear caps and original lens pouch. - Canon 40D camera. -...
  7. schuster

Fujinon GF 30mm f/3.5 on GFX 100S

Here is a quick test of the Fujinon GF 30mm f/3.5 R WR lens. The test here was at ISO 100, f11 @ 1.6 seconds, on a tripod, daylight illumination. The RAW (RAF) image was processed in Capture One, outputted to TIF, then further processed in Photoshop and downsampled to JPG. I used controls in...
  8. schuster

Hasselblad / Zeiss 120mm Makro on Fujifilm GFX 100S

This is far from a controlled scientific test, but enough to demonstrate if the Zeiss Makro-Planar CFE 4/120mm works on the GFX 100S using a Fotodiox DLX Stretch Lens Adapter. The Hasselblad was a 503CW with a Phase One (Phase1) IQ-160 back. Initially, I attached the lens to a Hasselblad...
  9. schuster

Favorite GFX Camera Settings?

With the mind-boggling number of possible combinations of camera and lens controls, what settings do you find consistently work for you?
  10. schuster

Hasselblad "V" system lenses on GFX100/100S?

Has anyone here had experience with "V" system lenses on the GFX100/100S? I have some of Zeiss' best glass for my Hasselblads, and hate to sell them if all they need is an adapter.
  11. schuster

MF In-Body Image Stabilization at Last!

I've been waiting "forever" to hand-hold MF at (presumably) 1/125 and get tack sharp images. According to reports from Photokina, Fujifilm is working on the GFX 100 (102MP), and "...also features the world's first in-body image stabilization system for a medium format mirrorless camera."...
  12. schuster

Adobe Creative Cloud conks out worldwide

From Macobserver.com: Adobe's Creative Cloud subscription service took a nose dive on Wednesday, and isn't getting any better yet. Users around the world haven't been able to access the service, and while Adobe is working on the problem, there isn't any word yet on when the problem will be...
  13. schuster

"Adobe Lightroom Comes to the iPad"

Link to the Mac Observer article: Adobe Lightroom Comes to the iPad - The Mac Observer
  14. schuster

Hasselblad HTS1.5 Tilt/Shift Adapter

When I first saw this I thought it was an ArcBody Photoshopped. Apparently, Hasselblad had to take it off the market while they were fighting a law suit (probably by one of the bottom-feeders who make a living by finding loopholes in patent filings). Has anyone here had experience with it?
  15. schuster

Your humble opinion on Hasselblad V WA

After shooting Hasselblad "V" systems for about 30 years, my shortest lens has been the 150 (other than the ArcBody Rodenstock wides). So now I'm in the market for a 50, 60 or 80, but I'd like your experienced opinion on which is the "sharpest" and user-friendly for my IQ-160 back, please.
  16. schuster

Capture One and Lightroom equal now?

I'm not sufficiently conversant with either Capture One or Lightroom to make an in-depth comparison myself, but I'd like to read a critique and judgment call by experienced users of both here.
  17. schuster

Recommendations for a new iPad user?

This message moved to iPad Apps
  18. schuster

Tech camera caught in a downpour

You tromp with tripod, Cube or other pricey head, Alpa/Arca/Cambo/Linhof/Plaubel/ArcBody/etc tech cam and attached Rodenstock/Schneider/Fuji/etc lens and PhaseOne/Leaf back, to a vantage point 1000ft/305m from your car. You make some excellent captures and completely unexpectedly, you and your...
  19. schuster

Two new videos from Nat'l Geo.

As photographers, I think you'll enjoy these as much as I did: National Geographic Live! - Face-Off with a Lion - YouTube National Geographic Live! - Robot vs. Tiger - YouTube
  20. schuster

Details of Eastman Kodak bankruptcy filing

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/eastman-kodak-files-for-bankruptcy/?hpw They've had an historical knack for choosing the wrong people to head the organization, and keeping them there way beyond results of their misdirection had become blatantly obvious to everyone else...