The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Greg Haag

Capture Integration sale, in particular GF 35-70 $499.95

In case someone has been thinking about the GF 35-70, I just got an email and CI has it on sale for $499.95. I really enjoy this lens and it seems like a lot for the money. https://digitalback.com/collections/fujifilm-gfx/products/fujifilm-gf-35-70mm-f4-5-5-6-wr?mc_cid=85204b58d1&mc_eid=9e6862eb89
  2. Greg Haag

GFX and Milky Way Question

Currently my only option with my GFX to photograph the Milky Way is my 23mm. Is there something better anyone would recommend or is the GFX not a very good option for this? Generally I am wondering about wider and faster. Thanks in advance, Greg
  3. Greg Haag

Help selecting image please!

I was hoping I might get some help selecting an image please. I was asked to be a part of a charity art show, I ALWAYS say NO to something like this, but this time I was asked by my daughters mother-in-law. These are the images I am thinking about, I will probably print the long edge about...
  4. Greg Haag

Fine Art Finisher/Printer

I wanted to see if anyone might have some guidance on a printing service, someone who might put finishing touches on an image and then print it? I would really prefer someone who can provide a finished product. Also, for landscapes that are in color what paper/canvas or other medium makes for...
  5. Greg Haag

Automatic Focus Stacking with XF

Anyone here that does automatic focus stacking with the XF that would mind sharing their technique. When I try to do this untethered something about my technique of setting the closest and furthest focus point kicks it out of focus stacking. Thanks in advance, Greg
  6. Greg Haag

Camera/Lens for Washington DC Cherry blossoms

I was hoping to get some guidance for photographing the Cherry blossoms in DC. I have never been for this, but my impression is the tidal basin is where I will mostly be shooting. I am trying to decide between my technical camera or GFX and what focal lengths will be important. If anyone has...
  7. Greg Haag

Fujifilm GF 120 question

I think I want to buy a copy of the GF 120 macro, does anyone know if there is only one version of this or has there been a new version released? I am leaning toward buying a used version and did not know if that should be something I should be watching for. Thanks, Greg
  8. Greg Haag

Looking for some super telephoto help

I am looking for a super telephoto option for my GFX but it could be an XF. I am wanting a minimum of 400mm, but I would prefer in the 600mm range, I am not sure what my options are. I am assuming it will be some type of adapted lens. Thanks in advance! Greg
  9. Greg Haag

Arca-Swiss Cube, which version?

I am considering getting the Arca-Swiss Cube, but not sure which version? When looking on one of the photography equipment websites, here is a cross section of options it would only let me list 4 but there appear to be more versions. I will use this for landscape & architectural with either a...
  10. Greg Haag

Rodenstock HR Digaron - S 180 image circle

I had a member ask about the image circle on the Rodenstock HR Digaron - S 180 image circle, so I am posting this here in case it might benefit someone else. This is with 20mm shift (left, right, top, bottom).
  11. Greg Haag

Fuji lens repair question

I have a fuji GF 23mm that needs repairing. I purchased this used, so when I go to the fuji website I am unable to register it. Is there a third party repair shop someone could recommend? I think it is possible the focus motor is bad. Thanks, Greg
  12. Greg Haag

Help planning gear for Washington DC trip

I am going to be in Washington DC for a week and I am trying to decide which camera to take Cambo or GFX, this will be strictly for shooting landmarks. If Cambo, I am thinking wide and long 32mm and 180mm and leave my 90mm at home. If GFX, I am thinking 23mm, 35-70mm and 250mm Hoping to see if...
  13. Greg Haag

Help with Canon Pro 4100 error message when sending to printer

Would anyone happen to know why I might be getting an error message when sending a file to the printer? Status of the printer says ready to print but I keep getting an error message immediately when it appears file has sent. I am not aware of any changes since my last print. I am running the...
  14. Greg Haag

Help with a GFX 100 or 100S question

I am considering a GFX100 or 100s and was hoping to get a little guidance. 1. Other than weight are there any big benefits of one vs the other? 2. One of the reasons that the GFX interest me is that I have a some Hasselblad H lenses and Leica S lenses and it appears there are adaptors for...
  15. Greg Haag

Photographing Wild Horses help please!

My oldest daughter wants me to take her someplace to photograph wild horses and I don't really know where to start on this. Do we need to do this as a part of a workshop? If so, is there anyone someone might be able to recommend? Is there a certain time of year and location that is best...
  16. Greg Haag

Best tether option for IQ4 for Landscape Photography

So as not to sidetrack the thread on the upcoming iPad for C1, I thought it might be best to make a separate post. Since tethering is not currently available on the upcoming Capture One iPad release, I am curious what everyones thoughts might be for the best tether solution based on available...
  17. Greg Haag

Capture One iPad Preview

In case anyone is interested in this, here is the YouTube link .
  18. Greg Haag

Excellent read - Field Techniques for Technical Cameras – Lenses and Accessories by Dave Chew in PhotoPXL

Excellent read by @dchew if you are interested in technical cameras. He has been so helpful to me in my technical camera journey! https://photopxl.com/field-techniques-for-technical-cameras-lenses-and-accessories/
  19. Greg Haag

LCC with 150mm filter holder

I tried searching this topic with no luck, could someone possibly tell me how you handle LCC’s with 150 mm filter holder on your lens? Thanks in advance, Greg
  20. Greg Haag

Astrophotography

I would like to learn how to get set up for astrophotography, does anyone have a recommendation on a good resource for this? Will I be able to use my Phase One XF or digital back for this? On a scale of 1-10 my current knowledge level on this may be a 1 or 2. Thanks in advance! Greg