The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Hi, I was gonna photo dump here, but thought it'll be too ridiculous! :P Just got back from a trip to Disney World, I took with me the Sony A7 and A7s and lenses, ended up just using Ricoh GR! It was my first time using it and I have to say I loved it. The quality from this small little camera...
  2. P

Pentax 634Z

Let me preface this thread with: So Thanksgiving has just past, enjoyable weekend and it's a lazy Sunday afternoon... So the Pentax 645Z has a 51.4MP CMOS Sensor - 43.8 x 32.8 mm, so why is it not called a P634Z. I'm sure the camera merits a lot in the Digital Medium Format world, and I'm sure...
  3. P

Rumor: Pro FE mount coming

On top of what has already been said, I would love Sony to offer a Pro Flash system, radio control preferably with a smallish radio Camera trigger, similar to the what Canon has to offer. EFC on the Canon has always allowed me to shoot flash sync 1/200 without clipping with C-AF unlike my Sony...
  4. P

High MP and fast AF haven't mixed yet, I'd be surprised if it happens, of course I would love it! Maybe the A9 will offer two models, one sports and studio orientated, the rumor mill was pointing towards 50MP, not sure how fast that could be, if 5fps, I'd be happy!
  5. P

I'm actually surprised there seems little to no mention much about battery life when compared to pro DSLRs. Another thing about fast AF comes accuracy, having owned the Nikon D700, D800, and the Canon 5D Mark III, 1DX, while good, I really expect better. FPS is one thing, but high accuracy...
  6. P

A7s users . Silly question

I use both the A7s and the A7 with facial recognition turned on, it's actually pretty amazing the amount of keepers I've been getting! Not sure if this helps on the runway, but I'm pretty sure my kids move quite randomly and a lot too!
  7. P

New Leica X (Typ 113)

Hi Jono, Nice read! I am in fact very interested in the camera, and have in the past owned the X1 and the X2, hoping each would be more responsive, so perhaps you can help me here! While I enjoyed the X2 more than the X1, the AF was still a tad too slow, how much better is the Type 113 in this...
  8. P

Other-Worldly with Nikon 600mm f4 Lens

Joe, more proof there is a camera for different needs, the SUPER-tele in this case made a a great compression for both subjects, moon and girl. Well done!
  9. P

what i really want from canon or nikon in 2014

I have to say, I have had less issue with AF tuning with Canon than I did with Nikon. Also if you ever send your lenses to Canon, they will tune it (I had my done free). Nikon's problem for me was more to do with their QC, having once purchased three brand new primes (different focal lengths)...
  10. P

Portrait lighting in bright sunlight?

.... And then I saw the Clint Eastwood portrait :p
  11. P

Insurance company Recommendations

Hi Marc, Thanks for info, yes I just set up my LLC, yes I will be getting a business insurance for sure. I will be running my business from the basement of my home though! Can anyone join the fireman's fund? Thanks Po
  12. P

Leigh, I know who I'm reaching out to if I run into any problems in the future :P
  13. P

Thank you Leigh. The thought had crossed my mind to go with SF, it's good to hear confirmation of this.
  14. P

Hi All, Setting up a new portrait studio and need some help. Any recommendations for liability insurance, which companies you use and usually a good figure to have insurance up to, eg. $2mil? Any other useful things to know are also welcome Thanks Po
  15. P

Portrait lighting in bright sunlight?

Generally I like the sun behind the subject, for two main reasons: no squinty eyes and backlighting on the subject for nice rim glows. The flash will now add some direction and fill depending where you put it and diffuse it to taste! Sometimes, the most difficult is posing in open area where...
  16. P

A full public apology to Guy Mancuso

Any sellers remorse yet? :P
  17. P

New Business Entry Please?

Hi All! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a "Business" Entry under the Other Discussions. I've always had questions from the stages of thinking about starting a business up until now where I am registering for a photography business. I have had a lot of questions, and there...
  18. P

Nikon 58/1.4g in Hawaii

Loved the whole series Joe, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!
  19. P

Background Material

Hi Marc, Thanks for your help! Is it worth it for paper? I just discovered after my message last night that the ends can be adjusted for thickness (diameter)...silly me! That will help with the rolling down now :P Thanks Po
  20. P

Background Material

Hi Bob, So I purchased the 'Deluxe' set and while I have it set up, I am concerned about the holders are the two end, since the Savage background paper is 107" wide with cardboard tube, do you guys use anything in between for potential sagging due to the weight? Thanks Po