The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Entry level Cambo+Leaf+Rodenstock Tech-cam kit for under $7000

Due to ill-health my tech-cam set up is not getting the use it deserves and it’s time to sell. This was my entry into medium format digital with a tech cam and it’s been an absolute joy to use for my fine art landscape and architectural work. Leaf Aptus 54S Hassleblad H fit. This model sits...
  2. T

Aptus Internal battery

Hi there, I haven't been using my Leaf Aptus for about 11 months whilst I've been moving houses and countries. Upon unboxing it all and putting it together last night it seems a a few of my batteries are dead - they show full charge in camera but cut out after 30 seconds' use. However more...
  3. T

Strap solution for Cambo RS

So my Cambo spends its life either in the bag or on the tripod, but for the short moments in between, or on those few occasions when I hand-hold, I sure would like a shoulder strap for it. From what I can see, the metal gripped bodies have small strap lugs screwed into the hand grips, but the...
  4. T

FS: Cambo Viewfinder and 47mm mask

Only 7 months old, barely used, all in mint condition with original packaging. I'm still happy using a composing card from my large format days so this is sitting in the box unused - would like to see it go to a new home. Great for scouting and composing on and off-camera. Viewfinder (WDS580)...
  5. T

Digital back out-resolving the lens

Hi there I use a Rodenstock 45mm F4.5 Apo-Sironar Digital lens on a tech cam coupled with a 22mp Leaf back. I selected this lens for it's large image circle, perfect for the stitching I do about 80% of the time. With the big 9 micron pixels of the 22mp Leaf back I'm getting brilliant results...
  6. T

Aptus Back loses settings

Inspired by Wayne's recent post, I wonder if anyone could help me out with a similar problem I'm having. My Leaf Aptus back doesn't recall certain settings after power-off. It remembers the important ones like ISO and such, but other settings from the set-up menu dont stay after I switch it...
  7. T

Leaf RAW - compress or not?

To be able to use the LCC corrections in Capture One on a Leaf MOS raw file, I have to set the back to save as compressed (loss-less) raw. Capture One won't let me apply any LCC corrections to an uncompressed MOS file. The pros of this are A) fit more images on a CF card and B) be able to use...
  8. T

Leaf sync cable for mechanical shutter

I'm looking for a cable to sync a Leaf back with a mechanical shutter, after doing the searches I either want Leaf Part 216-00026 or 216-00126 as per this: Phase One 2129 Peartree in the UK sell them: Leaf Camera-to-Back Sync cable - long (for Large Format) ... but want GBP21 to ship...
  9. T

WTB Leaf Aptus 22-33mp back

I’m still on the lookout for a used Aptus back, Aptus 5 (22mp) Aptus II 5 (22mp) 75s (33mp) Not particularly interested in the Aptus 65 or Aptus II 6 (28mp) Let me know what you have and in what mount. Seller need to accept payment via PayPal (I’ll pay the fees). Thanks!
  10. T

Difference between Leaf and Mamiya branded Leaf Aptus II backs

Hi As the title suggests, is there a difference between the Mamiya DM22 and the Leaf Aptus II 5 (22mp). Is it just branding or are there functionality / software differences? The Leaf website shows all Leaf-branded backs, whereas BH Photovideo for example shows Mamiya branded backs only. Is...
  11. T

Lenses for panoramic stitching

Hi there Newbie here just getting to grips with the right equipment - I used to shoot 4x10" film on a view camera for landscape and architecture and am now converting to a MFD kit for ease of use and portability mainly. To get the panoramic format I'm intending on using technical camera shifts...
  12. T

WTB: Cambo Wide RS, wide angle lens, digital back (Leaf/Phase One)

After plenty of research I’ve settled on a kit suitable for my needs, and so am looking to buy the following: Cambo Wide RS (WRS1000), or even better the one with wooden grips WRS 1050 Wide angle lens to fit, something in the region of 28-47mm Digital Back in a mount to fit the Cambo - I’ve...