The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. stephen.s1

Your Thoughts are Important

Bring 'em on. Thanks for asking.
  2. stephen.s1

Why did you buy your latest camera?

Because it was there.
  3. stephen.s1

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

nods..
  4. stephen.s1

Why dangerous? Looks sound to me.
  5. stephen.s1

What A2 printer to buy? Recommendations welcome.

My P800 has never dried up even after 10 months of no use whatsoever.
  6. stephen.s1

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

#2 in the takeoff formation seems to have a lot to say... I say; nice shot!
  7. stephen.s1

XT-5 Sounds right

Well, like DxO's Pure Raw for the XH2, I suppose that L bracket will show in time.
  8. stephen.s1

XT-5 Sounds right

Yes I have a Smallrig L bracket for my GF100S. I recently emailed Smallrig directly and asked them about a baseplate for Xs2. They told me they do not expect to make one. Dunno if RRS has plans for one.
  9. stephen.s1

XT-5 Sounds right

I much prefer the xh2 compared to my (late) XT4. Now if someone would start making a baseplate for it; ergonomics would be perfect.
  10. stephen.s1

Printing 8x10 negatives

Back in the dim and distant past I used an eight by ten contact printer with successful results.
  11. stephen.s1

Wow!! Nuthin' but good stuff.
  12. stephen.s1

Behind the scenes

Do you have a real focusing cloth? It makes a huge difference.
  13. stephen.s1

IPhone Photos

Selfie... What else is there to do while you sit there.. The doc and nurse got a kick out of it. Iphone 11 pro max
  14. stephen.s1

Fun with MF images 2022

number five; excellent!
  15. stephen.s1

Leica MONO Technique - Filters

FWIW, I have never seen much of a need for filteration with my m10M. Nothing that I can't bring up in post.
  16. stephen.s1

4x5 Photography 101 - where to begin?

There should be thousands of used 4x5 view cameras. I recall owning and using a Calumet, and another monorail which was built by the same company that made Speed Graphics. It's a great size and format. Enjoy your venture.
  17. stephen.s1

Tempted, very tempted... GRIIIx

Got my first real pocket camera today. IQ is super. The thing is much smaller than my Iphone... but chubbier. It easily slips into my jacket pocket.. Battery life seems very satisfying. I did buy 2 extra batteries and the external charger. I dislike plugging the battery feed line into the (or...
  18. stephen.s1

Sharing experience with GFX100S files

1) Probably I'll be buying an iMac within a year, but I require a screen at least 27"-diagonal, so my options are limited. It's my understanding that the new iMac 27 has a smaller bezel.. Good news to me.
  19. stephen.s1

Tempted, very tempted... GRIIIx

My GR IIIX is on it's way to me. After reading reviews, etc.. I was amazed at it's size. I intend to use it as a pocket camera.. no lens extensions.. no viewfinder.. Just quick and (dusty) dirty. I suppose my M10 (grossly overweight!) will be a real shelf Queen.. Looking forward to...
  20. stephen.s1

Leica M 10 Monochrome

I'll gamble $2000.00