The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. edouard

X2D previews

... Sample pictures are never a compelling reason to pick up a camera. Any picture "can" be taken with a 3MP cameras ... ;) I like the 55 @ f/2.5 rendering though
  2. edouard

Hasselblad 28 Sept 2021 "Beyond Classic"

https://twitter.com/Hasselblad Introducing the 907X 50C Anniversary Edition Kit :(
  3. edouard

Hasselblad 28 Sept 2021 "Beyond Classic"

where could we watch this event ?... I don't see anything on Hasselblad youtube chanel (I hope it's not only via their facebook page) ...
  4. edouard

Tethering old Hasselblad CF back with Macbook pro, any idea how?

I'm connecting my CFV-50 (2011 ccd) to my mac pro (2013) via Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter. surprisingly it's still available: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD464LL/A/apple-thunderbolt-to-firewire-adapter (using a firewire 9pin to likely 9pin cable) then to connect to usb-c port...
  5. edouard

Happy with X1D?

or they could provide a hybrid VF solution: leave the mirror + OVF but make a live view mode where (the mirror is released and) the live view image is displayed on the VF (instead of on the back) ! 'Don't know how easy it's to have an OVF with a superimposed "electronic" image (this exists on...
  6. edouard

Happy with X1D?

I hope Hasselblad will keep its H line alive so that it won't leave PhaseOne as the only "real"/"full-frame" digital MF (53x40mm) "supplier" (that would be unhealthy for the high end photographic market) e.g. they could make a H7 with the same form factor as the H6 but with no mirror and a...
  7. edouard

Happy with X1D?

LOL! ... even with the 500C/M I often got "is that a movie camera"? 'likely the elongated shape!?... (ok it's mostly from drunks or crazy people; then you have film nerds: "cool old film camera" - me:"no, it's with a digital back", then more embarrassing; you have people/photographers who know...
  8. edouard

Happy with X1D?

Funnily, initially I wasn't interested by a smaller sensor camera (than my 2011! CFV-50 ccd with 500C/M), but when I saw a X1D 4116 (Black!) in some shop (used, but still under warranty), I couldn't resist, it's too "sleek" ;) It was the first series (had to send it for repair because of...
  9. edouard

Fuji 100MP sensor

That would be nice for H users. For V users 'would be nice to have a 53x40mm CFV-100c (or 150) back (quite unlikely) in addition to 44x33mm 100mpx X2D & CFV (quite likely) ;) We don't know their sales numbers... maybe they are "focusing" on the X system... (but 'hope there will still be larger...
  10. edouard

Fuji 100MP sensor

GFX100s image leak + 80f/1.7 Less ugly than other GFXs and with a 80 f/1.7 coming soon! Competition is good! ('hope Hasselblad will also soon release or at least announce a CFV-100c / X2D-100c ?)...
  11. edouard

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

thanks! Graphicart.ch now I just have to wait for a CFV 100c as this won't work with my X1D... it would likely work with my 2011 CVF-50 ccd, but without live view this wouldn't be very practical! ;) (I don't want to buy a third mini MF 50mpx sensor)
  12. edouard

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

!? so you don't use the CFV-50c II electronic shutter? it's like using the back with 907x+"native" XCD lens? (or you have to use it, set it to a value slower than lens shutter and let the cambo start the leaf-shutter at the right time!?) (btw then why couldn't hasselblad provide an adapter that...
  13. edouard

Hasselblad "XH CONVERTER 0.8" and V lenses

ok, the CF could not be mounted on the XH, it can on the 0.8x (it's even mentioned in Hasselblad 0.8x datasheet and was in the webinar) but the lens shutter cannot be used yet... (what a mess ;))
  14. edouard

... At the "XH Converter 0.8" Hasselblad webinar, there was no demo / talk about 0.8x + CF adapter + V lenses. I asked the question (chat) if V leaf shutter could be used, they replied not for the moment, e-shutter only ... (I still hope that it might come on day in a firmware update ;))
  15. edouard

Hasselblad Phocus and MacOS 11 Big Sur

Phocus 3.5.4 is working fine on my macpro 2013 with Big Sur (macos 11.0.1) (CR & PS also, although I see a display bug during cropping) For the new apple-silicon macs, I hope that Hasselblad has the resources to make an M1 specific version (it's cool if the regular x86 version work via the...
  16. edouard

Yes "CF Adapter" is a complex and beautiful adapter. Yes the converter has all those pins (like also the XH adapter btw) to allow communication between the X and the H lenses, so yes there is hope! ;) Even if it's not working right now, it might be doable via future firmware upgrades...
  17. edouard

I've registered to "XH Converter 0.8" Hasselblad webinar (Thursday Nov. 19 10AM EST / 16:00 CET); I'll ask there...
  18. edouard

Which V lens is best on X1D

I have a Summicron R 50mm f/2 and an Elmarit R 90mm f/2.8 both also Walter Mandler designs, mmh maybe I should buy one of those adapter to try on my X1D ... (I just have an adaptor to leica M lenses)
  19. edouard

Which V lens is best on X1D

(everybody has its preferences...) I really love the Distagon CF 60mm f/3.5 on my 500C/M + CFV-50 (ccd). But as I don't like slow readout e-shutters, with the X1D, I haven't yet tried to adapt my V-Lenses. (In fact I should, at least just to see by myself if the "magical dimensionality" - better...
  20. edouard

EXCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT

Congratulations! (so the only advertiser will be Capture Integration?) Capture Integration: Hasselblad, Phase One, Leica, technical cameras; 'looks like a dream dealer! ;) (p.s. they put the Hasselblad X1D in the "small format cameras" category, which is a little bit vexing; although with a...