The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

an inexpensive ultra-wide prime for Micro-FourThirds

I have had the 4/3 9-18 since G1 days but rarely used it because relatively its big and heavy with the converter for use on an m4/3. So, my smallest lightest widest was the older Oly 17/2.8. I recently bought the little m4/3 9-18 and now carry it all the time so it gives me a quite different...
  2. D

Olympus E-M5 firmware updates - question

I'm betting we won't see it until a replacement for the EM5 appears. (which may be awhile IMO)
  3. D

Fun with the Olympus OMD

I came looking for just this--Caspar's new playmate. She is a darling pup and I can't wait to see pics of her and Caspar as she gets oriented into the clan. Diane B
  4. D

OM-D is Camera of the Year 2012 on DPR

I definitely like mine better now than in the Spring. I can see me shooting with it for a number of years because the niggles I have about it wouldn't propel me to buy an upgrade. Haven't been this happy with a camera for a long time. Diane
  5. D

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Glad to hear some opinions. I've been possibly saving for this but I do find I like the 12-50--which I had planned to sell. For a very small kit I carry 25/1.4 or 20 with it. Diane
  6. D

Fun with the Olympus OMD

I actually like the clock with the people included. It gives context but also interest I think.
  7. D

Fun with Panasonic G3

LOL. I shot with it a year plus and enjoyed it. Its now my backup camera but had I not bought the OMD (for a variety of reasons) I would still feel I could get very good photos. Just grabbed one from Flickr which wasn't even processed from RAW but done on Ipad. Had I taken to PC I would have...
  8. D

Nadav Kander's Yangtze River

Thank you for both the blog and the gallery. I also checked out his Obama's People gallery.
  9. D

lightroom 4.1 slowness

Lightroom 4.2RC is available for download. Lots of fixes. They are asking for input about whether this improves performance for those having issues. Diane
  10. D

lightroom 4.1 slowness

There are quite a number of unhappy users but there must also be a lot of users that are not unhappy. Wish those here that use it and find it good would give some info. I've used a lot of converters w/database, printing apps since 2000 and started with LR with beta 1. It did a great job with...
  11. D

lightroom 4.1 slowness

There are also quite a few sites telling how to speed 4.1 and many who are happy with 4.1. Here's one site Optimize performance
  12. D

I have a different µ43 camera!

Ah, the silver ones do seem to take a wee bit better photos LOL. Diane
  13. D

Who has the most number of m4/3rds cams?

Actually embarrassed to say four LOL. I have my original G1, GF1 plus aux. EVF, G3 and now my silver OMD. I "mean" to sell them but never get around to it, sadly. I will probably look for someone to donate the G1 to plus the 14-42 that came with my G3 (have the original 14-45 plus now the Oly...
  14. D

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Jono, I'm always a sucker for roads and paths, especially your lovely English lanes. And--happy 60th. Diane
  15. D

What wrist strap with Miiich OMD grip??

I took the Gordy strap I had on my GF1 and tried it but found, as I remembered, that I don't like wrist straps (felt a bit constrained), prefer hand supports like my old Canon E1 (which I tried also, but its too much for this cam). Consequently I went back to my over the body strap and have...
  16. D

OM-D setup

Well, LOL, I fully understand. I came from years of Canon menus and over 3 years of Panny menus. So, I can only say "been there, done that". Glad it wasn't any more painful than that--and enjoy. Diane
  17. D

OM-D setup

Shaun, it does change immediately which is the terrific thing about it. Something must be askew in your setup--easy enough to do LOL. What metering did you select? Ex. with my wide DR view sitting here(big glass doors to outside and shade of porch roof keeping the inside quite dark)--If I...
  18. D

OM-D setup

Shaun, I'm a very longtime histogram user, both before live when I had go check a histogram in review and for last number of years since G1. I find myself with it turned off and using the shadows/highlight option where I can see and decide exactly what I'll get. Not the option for jpeg...
  19. D

Show or tell us: your OMD with grip (Oly or Milich)

I have medium women's hands. I actually find it more ergonomically 'right' for using the shutter button as well as the two dials--it allows me to move my fingers a bit forward and up if I'm describing it well. I tried John's technique of resting the second finger on the top of the grip...
  20. D

OMD or GX1?

The difference in price is significant and why last year I chose the G3 over the GH2 since the G3 handles all my video needs. I'd think about whether the tilt LCD makes a difference, whether an inbody EVF is important. Those were the issues I had with the GF1. Unless you shoot using higher...