The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. AreBee

Dimensions of soft cases for Sigma ART lenses for Nikon bodies

Hello all, I'm interested in purchasing one or more of the soft cases that come bundled with Sigma ART lenses but require to know their inside dimensions. I used to own Sigma ART lenses for Nikon F-mount bodies but subsequently sold them, hence I am unable to measure them myself. Can you help...
  2. AreBee

ALPA 120° viewfinder - Size of frame relative to mask

Thought I'd share some plots I made for lens FOV, as viewed through the ALPA 120° viewfinder. In the attached image are frames for 54x40 aspect and 54x19.1 aspect, which is to say 617. This, for the Rodenstock HR 23, 32, 35, 40, 50, 70, 90, 138 and 180. Gives one an idea of frame size relative...
  3. AreBee

Tilt/swing now possible with Alpa HR 23mm

Thought I'd share for anyone interested something I noticed recently: the 23mm HR is now available as a SB lens, which seems to enable it to be used in conjunction with tilt/swing. Link.
  4. AreBee

ALPA Pano

Hello, all, I've been investigating the Alpa Pano and hope someone could clarify a section of Alpa's datasheet: I've confirmed the values in the "Sensorposition Landscape" section but am not clear what is being conveyed in the "Aequivalents Horizontals" section. Please can you help clarify?
  5. AreBee

Noob question re printing file format

Hello all, Question: If a professional printing company required customers to upload images for giclee printing in jpg format would that be a red flag to you? My understanding is that it is best to capture images in the largest bit depth but that when it comes to printing the norm is to...
  6. AreBee

Bug report #4 - resolved, sorry nothing we can do

My inbox confirms that I have messages stored but I am unable to access them.
  7. AreBee

Variation in character of look from lenses

Folks, Jack's post here in a recent thread got me to thinking. I would be very interested to see the variation in character in the look of images shot with different lenses of identical focal length - whatever the focal length may be. As has been pointed out to me, threads exist that discuss...
  8. AreBee

Influence of format size on a photograph

Folks, I have read many times of the visual difference that a larger sensor returns when compared to a smaller sensor. Many photographers attribute "the Medium Format look" at least in part to the physical size of the sensor, be it film or digital. All else being equal, I do not understand why...
  9. AreBee

Matching colour between lenses

Folks, Is it possible to create a profile that can be applied to photographs, which revises the colour of the latter by the difference between the lens used to capture the photograph and another lens, not simply according to the taste of the photographer? If so, how easy/difficult is it to...
  10. AreBee

Focusing Technical Camera lenses

Folks, Over time I have read about a range of aspects of technical cameras. Today I realised that I actually don't know how photographers of this type of camera set focus at a time when the likes of the Leica Disto was not available to purchase and captured photos could not be reviewed...
  11. AreBee

LCC required for future 35mm bodies?

Dear all, A thought occurred to me recently after reading the current "LCC" thread in the Medium Format forum: given the trend of ever increasing sensor resolution, will future 35mm DSLR bodies require an LCC, despite the use of retrofocus lenses?
  12. AreBee

Leica S2 question

Hello All, This is my first post on GetDPI, albeit I have been lurking for quite some time. I am a landscape photographer and currently shoot a D800E. I would greatly appreciate if you could help me understand the difference between the S2 and D800E as it relates to depth of field. In order to...