The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. mkphotomedia

Live view support for Capture One for iPad / iPhone Version 2.3.0

The main reasons for me going for an iPad rather than an MBA13 (MBA15's weren't a thing yet) were: - I already have a perfectly competent 14" M1 Max and didn't want to manage another laptop - I also needed to upgrade my iPad at the time (the screen on my OG iPad Pro 10.9 was circling the drain)...
  2. mkphotomedia

SOLID KUDOS to C1 on this--this will make my workflow much nicer. Just did some testing, and found a few useful things out: Using AP mode on the IQ4150 results in glacially slow (3MByte/sec) transfers. Setting up a personal hotspot on the iPad and connecting the IQ4150 to it, or connecting to...
  3. mkphotomedia

I've also added this feature request, which would be a useful workaround for this--as well as make workflow between manufacturer's native/other tethering apps and C1 Mobile. While you're in and voting... https://captureone.ideas.aha.io/ideas/FR-I-1238
  4. mkphotomedia

Yeah, this is a big disappointment. Back to keeping Cascable available a 4-finger drag away. However, let's use C1's new feature request system. Go vote for this, everyone! https://captureone.ideas.aha.io/ideas/FR-I-1237
  5. mkphotomedia

Broken for me too. I’ve put in a Capture One support case on it.
  6. mkphotomedia

Phase One 8 pin to 2.5mm cable

If you're still looking, I do have it still and it could become yours. :) Sorry for the slow response--I've been on the road and not checking the forum.
  7. mkphotomedia

CaptureOne and LCC doesn’t work here

Works great in current C1. Dust removal is hit or miss, of course.
  8. mkphotomedia

Power hungry IQ4, power back up alternative

Most interesting. Sometime in late 2020/early 2021, Phase did a "show and tell" video/Zoom call going through some of their early prototypes of the IQ4; it was rather fun for nerdy types like me and may still be available on either Phase's or DT's (I think) YouTube channels. I don't think the...
  9. mkphotomedia

Power hungry IQ4, power back up alternative

If it's set to pull USB power in Power Settings, the IQ4 will pull power off any suitable USBC power source it deems capable. Whether one can charge, or at least slow down the rate of discharge, with this depends on how much power your power source can push. I've used Anker's and Hyper's USBC...
  10. mkphotomedia

Strobes with ES and IQ4

That all checks out. You don't actually have to hand-trigger your flash, though (or at least you shouldn't need to). I trigger a Godox XProIIC trigger with a generic lockingPC->2.5mm TRS cable plugged straight into the back. Fellow interiors/architectural shooter here. In my experience, the...
  11. mkphotomedia

Shooting Architecture, Film & Digital, with One System

A vintage Cambo Wide DS can do this; you'd be hitting the B&S section here and eBay for the camera, lenses, and appropriate backplates. Get a backplate that will take an H/V/Phase-mounted Phase back, and find a groundglass+Graflok back with a MF film holder on it. The lenses are the same as on...
  12. mkphotomedia

Positive feedback for Warren @diggles

Ditto! Bought a couple of filters, and they arrived like-new for far less than I'd have paid elsewhere. (He's also a fine fellow architectural photographer to boot. ;-)
  13. mkphotomedia

calibrating/servicing SK 35XL - possible focus issue

Yeah, give Cambo (or your dealer) a shout. It's also possible for the calibration on that lens to slip to the point where adjusting the infinity stop location yourself won't get it close enough/past inf. It happened to one of my lenses, at which point it got a trip out to Capture Integration...
  14. mkphotomedia

What’s the current state of Phase One?

Yes. I did a review of the WRE-CA adapter (there's one for the Actus as well) with the 17TS-E a year ago April for MediumFormat magazine. The tl;dr version: if you can work it with the electronic shutter (i.e. you're not using flash or are using flash at >0.6s exposures only), and you don't need...
  15. mkphotomedia

Phase One IQ4 Linux Source Code

Looking forward to what you come up with on this. Having done a lot of software development professionally before going full-time into architectural photography, and given that I've often ended up scripting my way around annoyances with C1, being able to fix a number of niggling UI issues on the...
  16. mkphotomedia

FS: Circular Polarizer and UV Haze Filters– B+W, Hoya, Tiffen, and Schneider

Hi Warren-- I'll take the 77 and 82mm circular polarizers off your hands, if they're still around! PM me and I can send you PayPal and shipping info. Hope you're doing well!
  17. mkphotomedia

Any experience with Skylum Luminar Neo?

Yes! I end up using Luminar Neo as a plugin...and got it just for power line removal. For architectural photography, It does a pretty solid job if the power lines are over sky or something with consistent detail, but it tends to do odd stuff when your power lines cross areas of changing...
  18. mkphotomedia

FS: Cambo Wide DS WDS technical camera w/Cambo WRS Adapter

Bump again. US$550...or it's going on eBay at the end of next week.