The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Morning light near the WW II Memorial in Washington, D.C. Canon 6D, 85MM 1.8, 1/200, F7.1
  2. A

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Seafood salad. Leica S2, 120 Makro, strobe lighting
  3. A

mangiare bene

From my assignment today at Ristorante Piccolo in Georgetown, D.C. Leica S2 with 120, Profoto B1 lighting.
  4. A

Barista on coffee break

No, he is very conscientious and interrupts his nap to make Cinnamon Soy Lattes on demand.
  5. A

Barista on coffee break

I walked into my favorite coffee shop, Caffe Aficionado here in Rosslyn VA, and caught my favorite barista snoozing in the back room. Maybe it was the 160 degree warmth emanating from the dishwasher that lulled him into slumber. Time for a doubles espresso me thinks.
  6. A

iPhone shot on the Leica forum?

"is this life view on your S ?" No, I'm staying with the S2-P until the next generation. "Nicely done - the resulting shot looks great." Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. "Looks like the sun moved quite a bit between the shots : nothing else fills time like playing with a smart phone while...
  7. A

iPhone shot on the Leica forum?

Well yes. but it is a photo of my S2-P with a new 30MM lens in action. I was taking a shot of a house for my son, a real estate agent here in D.C. when I thought, well why the hell not. So this posting will not be a total travesty I have also included the shot done with the S2-P.
  8. A

Fun with the Leica X2 ... it's about time

Boston It's been awhile since I picked up my X2, big mistake. I took it to Boston for a short visit instead of my usual Canon DSLR 3 lens kit. Not only did my shoulder thank me afterwards but I felt liberated not having to think about what lens to use where. I was very pleased with the images.
  9. A

We will make a special dispensation for you Gary. Welcome aboard.
  10. A

Sanctuary panorama

I shot this image of a synagogue sanctuary with a Canon 17MM TS-E lens. 4 images were shot using the shift function and assembled.
  11. A

5DMkIII problem

Try opening the image again in ACR. If it doesn't display properly, try a different card or reformat (low level) the one you have. After that, it has to be the camera. By the way, was it three consecutive images or was it non-sequential?
  12. A

Washington D.C. project

Something new ... a detail of the reading room of the Library of Congress. Shot with Zeiss 135.
  13. A

Shooting macro with long lenses

I recently acquired an extension tube set and on the suggestion of another photographer, tried using it with my Canon 200MM 2.8. The attached photo was taken from a distance of about 5', using AF on a 5DIII tripod mounted. Exposure was 1/13th @ F10. No post processing except for resizing and a...
  14. A

Revenge! Back at ya ... a foul was called after the basket
  15. A

Rejected! Charlotte Bobcats vs. Washington Wizards. Canon 5DIII with 40MM pancake. ISO 4000
  16. A

Leica non-support system

Thanks for all your comments, they are appreciated but I would like share a couple of more thoughts. While I agree that these incidents could happen with other brands as well, my star-crossed history with Solms is particularly vexing. I do want to reiterate that I have nothing but good things to...
  17. A

Leica non-support system

I am a fan of the Leica camera and have been since about 1998 or so when I bought my Leica R8s. Over the past number of years I had a brief dalliance with the M9 and now I use the S2 system and the little X2. For the most part I find the cameras well built, with good ergonomics, and great glass...
  18. A

Large panorama installation

Two large panoramas, one dawn, one late afternoon, of my Washington skyline shots are being installed in a luxury apartment building in Arlington, VA. The effective size is 42 inches by 17 feet. The panoramas were taken with the S2/120MM combo and were a stitch of 7 images.
  19. A

Like a lot of the shots but absolutely love the truck shot, that color balance is wonderfully bizarre.
  20. A

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

From my Above Washington series. The National Cathedral. (S2 & 120)