The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Braeside

Travel with the Fuji X-Pro 1

I have recently returned from a 2 week cruise of the Eastern Mediterranean. This coincided with a bad back problem that I seem to have acquired this year. As a result I was not able to carry as much gear with me as I might have wished and I am really glad that I didn't have to take the heavy...
  2. Braeside

Ricoh GXR M mount IR conversion? - Anyone done it?

With the price of the GXR M Mount falling, I was thinking about getting a second one and converting it for infrared. Just wonder if anyone has done this?
  3. Braeside

Fun with the Fujinon X 14mm lens

Just got this lens last week, and have only used it briefly, but from what I have seen it is brilliant optically. A couple uncropped from JPG. A crop: Another slightly cropped:
  4. Braeside

Promising new Mac RAW app for Fuji X Trans

I'm sure a lot of you know of Sandy McGuffog (sandymc on GetDPI), the author of CornerFix and PhotoRAW for iOS. Sandy has also blogged in detail about the problems in demosaicing the Fuji X Trans sensor. Sandy has been teasing us on his ChromaSoft blog about a new software product he is busy...
  5. Braeside

Fuji X-Pro 1 tips

Thought we maybe should start a thread on tips for using the Fujifilm X series. I'll kick this off. 1. AF position return to the default position in the centre of the frame - press AF button then OK. 2. AF focus box return to default size - press AF button then press scroll wheel. 3. On the...
  6. Braeside

FS: Fujinon XF 60mm f/2.4 R macro - UK

I am selling my Fuji X 60mm macro lens for my X-Pro 1. It comes complete with all the original accessories,metal hood, caps, box, and I will include a Fuji 39mm protection filter. In excellent condition, very little used except for a few macro test shots of flowers in the garden. I am pricing...
  7. Braeside

Aperture 3.4.2 update - Software update problems

I tried to use Software Update and got this error message: An error occurred The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -3001.)(102)-- Same problem here with iPhoto, Aperture and Safari Update, though other updates I needed were OK. Have tried usual things like rebooting...
  8. Braeside

FS:Sony/Minolta Flashes, remote leads, RA finder, filters

Having sold all my Sony DSLR gear, I am now clearing out the accessories. 1. Minolta PROGRAM FLASH 3600HS (D) in box with all parts including case, stand and diffuser. This was my spare and has only been used a couple of times. Works with Sony of course. £80 2. Sony HVL-F20AM flash with pouch...
  9. Braeside

What does XP-1 Guidance Display Menu do?

Having to set up my menus after the firmware update for the X-Pro 1 today. I'm puzzled by Setup Menu 3 - Guidance Display ON or OFF. I can't see any difference with either ON or OFF? According to the manual it switches off or on the display of Tool Tips, but I never see any? Any clues please?
  10. Braeside

Original OM-D eye cup required

The darned rubber eye cup for my OM-D fell off somewhere and is lost.:mad: I have an Olympus EP-11 version that I bought (and didn't use) because it doesn't suit my glasses as well as the original.. Anyone want to swop an original eyecup for the fancy EP-11? Or know any place that has the...
  11. Braeside

Olympus OM-D eyecup EP-11 report

I finally got hold of an EP-11 eyecup for the OM-D. [Had to order it from Hong Kong]. Well, it does the job, however as a wearer of glasses it doesn't really work well for me, as I can't get my eye close enough to see all the frame with my glasses on. (I can see all with the regular OM-D rubber...
  12. Braeside

FS: [UK] CV15/4.5, Leica OUFRO 16469Y, C/Y-LM adaptor

These are surplus to my requirements: 1. Voigtlander Super Wide Heliar Aspherical 15mm f:4.5 lens (Black) with Voigtlander M Bayonet adaptor (28/90 type II) Front and rear caps. With Boxes. Very good condition, I notice some slight wear on the black paint on the ridged ring that you grip to...
  13. Braeside

FS: Sony Lenses 24-70ZA, 135F1.8ZA, 70-400GSSM, 85F28, 16F28

Having sold my Sony A900 I am now selling all my quality FF Sony Alpha A mount lenses: 1. Sony SAL135F18Z Zeiss 135mm F1.8 prime lens With all original accessories, caps, hood and leather pouch. In original box. No problem with lens hood rattle on this one. In excellent condition. £950 net 2...
  14. Braeside

Firmware 1.10 for X-Pro 1

Download from here Don't get too excited though! - It is really only to support the Fuji M adaptor. Warning it RESETS everything in the camera to defaults, the user memories, date, time the LOT!
  15. Braeside

X-Pro 1OVF & iPhone - odd!

Today I chanced to look at my iPhone 4 LCD display through the X-Pro 1 OVF (not EVF). Try it and let me know if you notice anything odd!
  16. Braeside

XP1 shutter open when Power off?

Wonder why they leave the sensor exposed when the camera is off? Ricoh give you the choice, and the default is the sensor is shielded by the shutter. Somehow I feel better with that. Less chance of the sun burning the sensor if you don't have a lens cap on. Also may keep dust off the sensor when...
  17. Braeside

Gariz X-Pro 1 half case

I normally never use a case around a camera, I think the last time was with my 1970's Canon FTbn.:o However, I found that with the XP-1 my pinkie was falling below the bottom of the camera and it was slightly uncomfortable for me. I toyed with the idea of the Fuji grip, but what put me off was...
  18. Braeside

FS: Sony A900 Body (UK)

My Sony A900 Full Frame DSLR body with all accessories, 2 Sony batteries, charger, remote, box, strap, body cap, all leads, software included. Has the optional gridded Viewfinder screen fitted, the original will also be supplied. Has CGS protector over the rear LCD and Sony film protector over...
  19. Braeside

WTT: My Sony A900 Body (UK) for NEX-7 + LA-EA2

I am downsizing my Sony DSLR camera gear this spring (and looking for an NEX-7 kit). So... For Private Sale (or Trade for NEX-7 kit). My Sony A900 Full Frame DSLR body with all accessories, 2 Sony batteries, charger, remote, box, strap, body cap, all leads, software, the lot. Has the...
  20. Braeside

How about a Ricoh Forum?

I see we have a Fuji camera forum now, how about one for the Ricoh users?