The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Godfrey

NONS Camera: Instax SQ for Hasselblad V system...

NONS Camera : an Instax SQ back for Hasselblad V system Hasselblad V system 6x6 exposures are 56x56 mm in size, and of course the Hasselblad has interchangeable film magazines. So ... In the now distant past (about 6-8 years ago), a kickstarter came up that married a Fuji Instax SQ processing...
  2. Godfrey

First Orchid Blossom

My rescue orchid opened its first blossom yesterday. My partner took this poor plant out of the trash room where it had been discarded, only one leaf was salvageable. That was a year or so ago... Now it has five healthy leaves and a beautiful flower spike opening up. New Orchid Blossom -...
  3. Godfrey

Hasselblad service for V-system equipment?

With the passing of David Odess, I wonder who to send my V-system lenses and bodies to when they needs service. My old Planar 80/2.8 T* could use some looking after, who would you recommend? Thanks in advance! G
  4. Godfrey

Dodge ... Voigtländer Perkeo II

Dodge - Santa Clara 2023 Voigtländer Perkeo II Fuji ACROS 100 Enjoy! G
  5. Godfrey

A little film ... Kodak Retina IIc

One of my favorite 35mm cameras from long ago and far away ... Trailer and Fence by Garage - Santa Clara 2023 Kodak Retina IIc (Schneider Retina-Xenon 50mm f/2.8) Fuji ACROS 100 enjoy! G
  6. Godfrey

B&W photo with Polaroid SLR670a + orange filter...

Out for breakfast and then later a walk yesterday... Man at Table with Hat and Cellphone - San Jose 2023 Locks - Santa Clara 2023 Both made with Polaroid SLR670a, +600 BW film +Orange filter (set to middle scribe on Lighten control). Several seconds, hand held... Captured with iPhone 11 Pro...
  7. Godfrey

World Photography Day 2023

Yesterday, 19 August 2023, was World Photography Day 2023. So I had to do something photographic to commemorate the day ... I just had to use a Polaroid SX-70 type camera. :D Breakfast Around the Table World Photography Day, 19 August San Jose 2023 Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT Polaroid 600 B&W...
  8. Godfrey

Yellow Flowers ... Leica M10-R

Yellow Flowers - Caspar 2023 Leica M10-R + Summarit-M 75mm f/2.4 ISO 100 @ f/8 @ 1/90 Enjoy! G
  9. Godfrey

I needed another instant film camera...

... like I needed a hole in my wallet. :ROFLMAO: But the folks at MiNT Camera sent me a promo offer, for people who have already purchased their InstaKon RF70 camera, for their newest creation: the InstantFlex TL70 Plus+ ... An Instax Square format TLR with full manual control, built-in...
  10. Godfrey

Praise for Tamarkin and Leica USA...

I bought a used Leica M10-R from Tamarkin a month or two back. It was in lovely shape cosmetically and functionally, but on testing showed a small de-collimation of the rangefinder as well as a focusing calibration error; of the 40 or so test exposures with my 75mm lens, only 3 were acceptably...
  11. Godfrey

What do orange and green B&W filters do on the Leica M10 Monochrom?

What do orange and green B&W filters do on the Leica M10 Monochrom? To evaluate what an orange or green filter does on B&W film, I'm accustomed to doing a couple of test exposures of the Xrite Color Checker—one without a filter, and one each with the two filters—and then comparing them. I've...
  12. Godfrey

Picket Fence – out for a walk with the Polaroid SLR670x

Nice to take a break from lens testing every so often ... :D ... so I put a pack of B&W 600 into the camera and took it on my walk. Only made one exposure (because it was freekin' cold out!) but was happy when I saw it fully developed. Picket Fence - Santa Clara 2023 Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT...
  13. Godfrey

Morgan Horse - Kodak Retina IIc

I love these Kodak 35mm folders. This one was restored about a year ago and proves to be a superb shooter, and easy to fold and stick in a jacket pocket ... excellent travel camera for film. :) Morgan Horse - Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara 2022 Kodak Retina IIc + Retina-Xenon 50mm f/2.8...
  14. Godfrey

Holidays! 2022

Happy Holidays! - Santa Clara 2022 Leica CL + 1940 Zeiss Biotar 4cm f/2, uncoated Greetings of the season to all, regardless what holiday you celebrate! And a Happy New Year to come for all! G
  15. Godfrey

In Mexico - photographed with Voigtländer Perkeo II folding camera

In Mexico: Felipe, Jack, Sharmista - Rosarito 2021 Voigtländer Perkeo II Scanned with Hasselblad 907x + Makro-Planar 120mm f/4 enjoy! G
  16. Godfrey

FT: Hasselblad 907x/CFVII 50c "Moon" edition trade for Leica M10-R ...

Anyone interested to trade a very clean Leica M10-R body for my very clean condition Hasselblad 907x/CFVII 50c "On the Moon since 1969" body (plus spare batteries, external charger, remote)? I'd also be interested to sell the Hasselblad kit outright at the right pricing. I have Hasselblad XCD...
  17. Godfrey

New M10 Monochrom - first walk

Finally got out for a first walk with the M10 Monochrom today, and I have to say that I have no issues at all with it. It just works the way I want a camera to work. Although a bit on the pricey side, and I didn't really need another camera, I'm very glad I went for it. So I'm jazzed, the...
  18. Godfrey

Another fine XCD lens ...

The XCD 65mm f/2.8 lens for my Hasselblad 907x arrived yesterday. It's a meaty, beefy normal lens and makes such beautiful photos! Time to go for a walk with it. :D Pardon the slightly cheesy beauty shots... Hasselblad 907x SE + XCD 65mm f/2.8 G
  19. Godfrey

Positive feedback for vsbhk

I bought the XCD 65mm f/2.8 lens that Virgile posted for sale. We had a pleasant conversation leading up to the transaction, all went smoothly with the bank transfer, I had the usual Flight Perturbations with DHL, and the lens landed safely in my hands yesterday. It is as described and performs...
  20. Godfrey

Happy Fourth of July - Glad to be around to enjoy it!

I assembled this set as a video sequence: I wouldn't exactly call it finished work, but it pleases me as a work in progress. Five different instant film cameras and the iPhone 11 Pro were used for these photographs. Your comments are always appreciated. :D G