The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Removing IR-UV cut filter of the IQ3

You can trust Kolari Vision, they are quite capable. I have had many cameras converted by them over the years, including the first GFX IR conversion they ever did. Ilija is who I deal with there and he is a stand up guy.
  2. J

Is tilt/swing available on Universalis with Canon lenses on a GFX 100S for portraits?

The 90 and 135 TS-E lenses are even better than the 50. I have the Arca EOS mount lens board, as it was really the only game in town when I bought it (at least to control the aperture) and probably still is. Not cheap though. You can have one custom made by Bill at Pro Camera and I did that for...
  3. J

Is tilt/swing available on Universalis with Canon lenses on a GFX 100S for portraits?

Among Canon EOS mount lenses in the focal length range you mentioned, the best choices would be the 135 TSE, 90 TSE, 50 TSE and the 85mm 1.4L IS. Also Sigma makes a 105mm F1.4 that covers the GFX sensor quite well, so that would be an excellent choice and you wouldn't even need tilt to get razor...
  4. J

Recommendations for non-native wide-angle lenses for Fuji GFX

I've used quite a few 3rd party wide lenses that work really well on the GFX. The 17 & 24 TSE lenses from Canon are by far the best option for coverage and quality in wide lenses. If you want to go REALLY wide and still need to control the perspective for architecture or interiors, then the 17...
  5. J

GFX InfraRED

Hi Ken, Have you received your converted camera yet? Just FYI, I tested a second copy of the 32-64 and it seemed to perform better in IR than the first copy I tested. The first one was a used lens from B&H and it's possible that it could have been a subpar copy, as the tests of the 2nd copy...
  6. J

GFX InfraRED

Yes, it takes a while to work through all those tests and form a clear picture of what works well and where the limitations are. I can tell you that the 24 TSE works pretty well at 850, so that will be a good wide option. The periphery of the image circle gets a little soft and there is a...
  7. J

GFX InfraRED

I tried to reply to this last night, but something must have went wrong, as it appears to have vanished. In my experience, hot spot issues are almost always a function of the lens and its performance in the IR spectrum. Zooms are usually more prone to problems, as they have more elements and...
  8. J

GFX InfraRED

In my experience, hot spot problems are almost always a function of the lens and how it performs in the IR spectrum, and these issues are more problematic at the longer wavelengths (i.e. hotspots are worse at 850 than at 720, etc). I suspect that you will not see any hot spot issues with the...
  9. J

GFX InfraRED

The 45 is an easy call, as it's an excellent performer in both IR and visible light. It's also (relatively) small and light. I have not tested the 110. I can tell you that the 120 is flawless in IR and the stabilization makes IR hand-held shots possible with my camera...same with the 250. I do...
  10. J

GFX InfraRED

Kolarivision does excellent work and Ilija is a great guy. They have converted 5 cameras for me, including the GFX. Unfortunately, the 32-64 does not work well in IR (see my post above), but there are numerous other lenses that you can adapt to the GFX for IR work. I'd be happy to answer any...
  11. J

GFX InfraRED

Hi there, these are my images. I had Kolarivision convert a GFX for me back in May of 2018 and I'm very pleased with it. I can tell you that the native 45, 120 and 250 all work very well in IR, but there are also many wonderful lenses that can be adapted to the camera. The 23, 63 and 32-64 are...
  12. J

Canon To GFX50s adapter with AF

I have both the Kipon and Techart. I prefer the Kipon...it's cheaper and works really well. Also, they have a good procedure in place for firmware updates, which seem to come every few months. In my experience, manual focus is the preferred way to go with adapted lenses on the GFX, as it's much...
  13. J

WTT: Leica M240 + M/R lenses - Will trade for Large Format Digital Lenses

Agreed, some of those older lenses are great. But I don't think there is any doubt that the newer designs are better performers when used with a high res digital sensor.
  14. J

WTT: Leica M240 + M/R lenses - Will trade for Large Format Digital Lenses

All of the Leica M equipment is in great shape and well cared for. It is my personal system...so not used for work and always protected. M240 includes Leica EVF, RRS L bracket & extra battery. I bought it new from a local dealer and have all packaging. All Lenses are 6 Bit - most were purchased...
  15. J

Voigtlander 12mm lenns on Leica M240

It performs quite well. If you can remember to code it as 21mm 11134 before you shoot, you shouldn't need to do much besides normal processing. It is sharp with very minimal CA wide open. I usually use it at f5.6 or f8, stopping down any further doesn't seem to help with vignetting or sharpness...