The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Finally went and purchased a very clean 1D mark iii. Love this camera, these two images are a mix of a new monochrome done recently and a reprocess of an image shot in 2008.
  2. D

Best DX Superzoom

Here are two example with the 18-200VR but on my D300 followed by an image with the 28-300VR on the D7000...fwiw.
  3. D

Best DX Superzoom

John - Welcome, a bit belated. Don't know if the issue has been dealt with yet, but since I own both the D7000 and the two superzooms, 18-200 and later the 28-300VR, I might be able to comment here. I use both lenses at different times. Usually if I am just carrying a camera, which is all the...
  4. D

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

This mono work is absolutely gorgeous ladies and gentlemen, some of the best art work I have seen on the net. I don't use my 4/3's much, but here are a couple of images I did a year or so ago....best, Don
  5. D

Fun with Nikon Images

Steve - love the feel and tone of this great mono image. It looks like an old classic image I might have shot in the 70-80's on Tri-X and I mean that in the most flattering fashion....very nice indeed! Don
  6. D

Aravind - welcome and what a gorgeous mono landscape of a classic scene, well shot and presented.
  7. D

Fun with Nikon Images

Steve - gorgeous monochromes and presentation, definatelly welcome and very nice eye candy too...and thanks for the kind comments guys... Don
  8. D

Fun with Nikon Images

Hey all...here are a couple from my Nikon bodies...
  9. D

Kavaliano - cute Minnie and great textures and tones in your mono Uwe. Here a couple more Canon images past and recent both...
  10. D

Gary - Thanks for the kind comments and your macro is beautiful also. The 50mm ef is a joy to carry and cheap. I use it often and acts as a great normal lens too. I just rebought a 5D again after selling it to upgrade and try Nikon again. The other 3 images in the previous note were taken...
  11. D

Figured I would jump restart the slow period here with something recent from my XSi and 50mm EF macro...and some older stuff with various Canon gear I have revisited and reprocessed..sorry I have been gone so long...
  12. Lower Antelope Canyon Version 2011

Lower Antelope Canyon Version 2011

13. D

advice for ultra wide for 1D series

Brad - thanks for the suggestion, do you own this Sigma lens? Was wondering if you could comment further on any pros and cons. It seems to be the only lens that offers the coverage I am asking about. Thanks again, Don
  14. D

advice for ultra wide for 1D series

looking for advice for ultrawide on the 1D series. had a 17-40L but did not really feel it was wide enough and doubt the 16-35L is much wider really. not interested in getting a 5D or 1DS series camera either. thanks for any help in advance, Don Af is a must, too ....
  15. D

Dpreview review of the D7000

I am having some issues with focus more then anything else...had it bout a week so far and shot 3k images. so far I like my D300 better....
  16. D

Looking for a Nikon digital body.

deleted..wrong response
  17. D

Looking for a Nikon digital body.

I get kidded enough on these forums about being a dentist, so here goes..what I have I use for multiple things in office and out is irrelevant if all you shoot is oral images. YMMV!! Any decent used D80 or better/newer body will suffice, along with a Tamron 90mm macro or Nikon or Tamron 60mm...
  18. D

Yosemite during Thanksgiving week...or other?

Donald Weston , Aug 30, 2010; 10:34 a.m. (edit ) Have checked with google search but no listings for this specific info. Am going to be in California the week leading up to and including the holiday. Have been to Yosemite twice before years ago and wondered what things would be doable this time...
  19. D

Uwe - been gone for a week but if you were talking about my Portland Head Lighthouse image, thank you very much, but alas it did have some PS work done to enhance a bit of what was already there. Mostly levels and saturation changes, some burning and dodging also. The more I shoot the 5D2 the...
  20. D

large prints, which combo would yield better results..

Sorry but haven't been back to this thread in awhile, but if you still need an answer, I would suggest the old tried and true, when in doubt use a good solid tripod, first and foremost. If not available then I find I like my 24-105L IS more and more, with the IS and that hand held I get far...