The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. sangio

Another ColorChecker Passport question

Hi all; I've created several camera profiles for LR 4.1 using the x-rite passport and they do work nicely. What I'm finding is that LR will only make the profiles available on images imported after the profiles were created. With older images, in the same LR catalog, the profiles don't show...
  2. sangio

ETTR, LR 4 and x-rite colorchecker passport advice

Hi folks: Is anyone using and x-rite colorchecker passport reference target and ETTR exposure mode? The x-rite folks state the exposure for the target should be "accurate", but with ETTR, the exposure is skewed significantly. The color swatches on the reference target don't look accurate on...
  3. sangio

New RRS L-plate for GH1, G1/2

Just saw this on the RRS site. Already showing as out of stock though... http://reallyrightstuff.com/rrs/Itemdesc.asp?ic=BGH1%2DL&eq=&Tp= regards Santo
  4. sangio

Generic battery charger for G1

Hi Folks: I see some travel chargers for the G1/GH1/GF1... no cord, direct plug-in to outlet.... offered for as little as $7 to $10 on Amazon and eBay. There are quite a few different vendors, but the chargers all look the same, so they probably all come out the same factory in China. Has...
  5. sangio

Airline carry-on restrictions

Hi folks: I'm seeing a lot of conflicting comments on various fora about new airline carry-on rules. It appears that the new rules apply to flights going into the US from other countries. Some people are claiming that although cameras are permitted, camera bags are not. I normally fly into...
  6. sangio

Somewhat OT... Paypal?

I apologize for asking such a newbie question. I haven't opened an account with paypal because of the problems people were reporting a few years back; frozen accounts, unathorized withdrawls, non-existant customer service, etc, etc. And if I recall correctly, there was at least one class...
  7. sangio

Odd focus behaviour from the Oly 9-18 on a G1

Hi Folks: I just received an Olympus 9-18 zoom and m4/3 adaptor. As Pellicle mentioned in an earlier thread, the AF is noisy; sounds like there's an angry mosquito inside. I was a bit surprised to find that the manual focus was noisy as well, especially if I turn the focus ring quickly. AF...
  8. sangio

Oly 9-18 lens on G1 or GH1?

Hi Folks; I'm leaning towards the Oly 9-18 rather than the Pana 7-14 to use with a G1 mainly because of the ability to use ND and polarizing filters with the Oly. I was wondering if anyone using this lens with a G1/GF1/GH1 could comment on how well this combination works. I know the lens...
  9. sangio

G1 review in Photozone

I'm not sure if you folks have seen this review..... http://www.photozone.de/dslr_reviews/424_panasonic_g1 It got a somewhat hostile reception in the dpreview forum, but I thought it was fairly well balanced. The comment that I found most interesting was that Silkypix produces 25% less...
  10. sangio

G1 kit lens entrance pupil

Hi Folks; I've recently joined this forum because it seems much friendlier than some of the others. It also has a nice blend of gear talk and images. I just finished testing the G1 14-45 kit lens to find the entrance pupil at various focal lengths for pano stitching. Surprisingly, at least...