The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. L

Availability of 907X and CFV II Back

Thanks for both responses. Will wait and see.
  2. L

Availability of 907X and CFV II Back

Regarding the 907X and CFV II Back, it seems there once was on sale a "Special Edition" kit with these two pieces, though these are now out of stock. The price was also 30% higher than the X1D. My hope is that the price of the Special Edition was designed for early adopters willing to pay a...
  3. L

New Backs on Technical Cameras

Thanks, Wayne. My understanding is that LCC can't handle cross talk at all, and so I suppose that does explain the pink. The image looks great though. (If it were me, I'd worry more about de-saturation than color fidelity, but as I've mentioned, I still shoot film so don't have a first-hand...
  4. L

Thanks, Paul. I wonder if Phase One will leave CCD backs in production for use on technical cameras. It would be odd for technological advance to retract a tool as it moves forward with others, but I suppose it could happen.
  5. L

And you don't share the view of some participants in this thread (and, previously, PhaseOne) that the CMOS backs are flatter (less color nuance, less micro-contrast) than the CCD backs? Or do you think the newest CMOS backs solve that problem?
  6. L

When I was last on this forum, a couple of years ago, I was curious about the use of full frame MF CMOS backs on technical cameras. The issues were cross-talk, microlenses, need for retrofocus wide-angle lenses, etc. So I'm curious whether the new Hasselblad or Phase One backs (or, I guess, more...
  7. L

Phase One on CCD Tonal Subtelty

Maybe, but doesn't Hasselblad also have old backs to sell? I guess the question will be whether Phase One continues to produce new CCD backs after current stock runs out (at least for technical cameras, which don't use live view).
  8. L

Phase One on CCD Tonal Subtelty

Let me state at the outset that I know the question of whether CCD is inherently different from CMOS is old and that both sides in the debate have not only beaten the dead horse but beaten it into dust. Despite this, I couldn't help but notice what seems to me a fairly recent statement on Phase...
  9. L

Hasselblad H6D-100c and H6D-50c official

Seriously? What an oversight, or so it seems to me. That concedes a segment of the market to Phase One. True enough, probably a small segment but at the low volume that these cameras sell, I would assume every sale matters.
  10. L

Cambo Actus Mini for Pentax 645

Well this is, indeed, the sort of thing I'm looking for and if the Mamiya RZ lenses work for movements on a cropped 645 sensor this would be a great, (relatively) affordable solution. But alas the Pentax 645 is not listed among the compatible cameras (though size is not the reason, given that a...
  11. L

Makes sense, but I wanted to be sure I understood Graham's point and that I was not missing something. Thanks. - - - Updated - - - Thanks.
  12. L

Thanks. Is the suggestion that (at least some of) the V, RZ, and Pentax 645 lenses can be mounted to the DB system and a MF back, or were you still talking about using the Actus & Sony A7R II? In any case, thanks for the response.
  13. L

Well, the 645D has a mirror for composition so there would be no need to rely on live view, but the Hartblei isn't a view camera, that's true. In any case, on the Sony, You must be right, of course, as the A7R II is why Cambo put out the Actus mini, I take it. Worth considering. Thanks.
  14. L

Right, and I take it that the reason Cambo lists its Pentax 645 lens plate as an accessory for the Actus Mini but not the Actus DB is that those lenses typically don't have a large enough image circle for movements on a MF back. Do I have that right? If so, there seems no affordable way to get...
  15. L

Yes, of course, I feel foolish. Funny, I haven't used a camera with a mirror in so long I've forgotten they exist.
  16. L

Best I can tell, there is a Cambo Actus Mini for (35mm) full-frame digital and a Cambo Actus DB for MF digital backs, but no Cambo Actus for a Pentax 645. Inasmuch as Pentax can't keep the 645Z on the shelves, and inasmuch as movements are not possible on a Pentax 645 (save for one relatively...
  17. L

Camera Movements and RetroFocus Lenses

My recollection is that Hasselblad advertises that HD-60 permits full functionality of the Tilt-Shift Adapter, which I assume includes these wide-angle lenses; guess the 1.5x teleconverter significantly upsizes the image circle.
  18. L

So the idea is, I take it, that one could crop to cover the top of an image captured with a 24mm lens or up-shift on 36mm lens to essentially the same coverage. Makes sense.
  19. L

Well you know more about all this than I do, but I'm not sure I get what you mean when you say a shift is an "optical cropper." The only movement I regularly use is up shift to compose a high subject (such as a building or a tree) without tilting the plane of capture out of parallel with the...
  20. L

Thanks for the comparison and, yes, there seems to be quite a difference between 645 film on the one hand and 645 Digital or 4x5 film on the other. Currently, as a hobby, I shoot landscape and architecture on 4x5 film on a camera with few movements (save rise, which I use for architecture). I...